moving from CHAOS (can't have anyone over syndrome) to the new CHAOS*: CAN HAVE ANYONE OVER SYSTEM PWYC SATURDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: moving from CHAOS (can't have anyone over syndrome) to the new CHAOS*: CAN HAVE ANYONE OVER SYSTEM PWYC SATURDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:49 am

sending you all a helping fairy to take away that overwhelmed feeling... peace coming your way!!! Even if it for an hour - wishing you the best!
also sending out healing and attention.

I am heading out soon.
morning routine is done and surface mopped first floor.

I had crazy hamster brain this morning. dd older said it's like my brain starts running like a hamster on a wheel. I kept thinking I had to do this that and this. "not enough time was going through my head". guilt for leaving dh to take d mom. I canceled taking mom to the cemetery (far away - 2 hours there and 2 hours back). for dad's birthday yesterday. So I would feel bad not taking her today.

Anyway I have always wanted to see the Holocaust museum and now that a man from where she lives is a survivor and speaking.

I should work outside but no - letting it go for today.

ta ta for now. have a good one!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: moving from CHAOS (can't have anyone over syndrome) to the new CHAOS*: CAN HAVE ANYONE OVER SYSTEM PWYC SATURDAY

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:11 pm

Blessed: I forgot to say how much I like the title for today. Since starting the KonMari I love my apartment a lot more and having people over isn't a chore or a deadline for me to get my housework up to date, it is a joy. I had not made the connection that I had a new definition for CHAOS!

I moved around a bit. Got dressed, tidied a bit (nowhere near done), ate breakfast, washed up the dishes.

I strapped my ankle with a tensor bandage and that's helping make me steadier on my feet. I'm dreading the service tomorrow. I have to be on my feet for about 90 - 100 minutes including up and down the stairs (no hand rail for balance) into the congregation at least 3x. This is going to be interesting. I wish I knew what I did so I can be sure to not do that again.

Dd is doing a photo shoot now. They have a photographer come over every year for a Mother's/Father's Day gift to each other. This woman's photos are amazing all set casually throughout the house. Dd has been spending days tidying up because she never knows what might be in the background of a photo!

Dgs wasn't always the most photogenic child before he was one and at 8 months old still couldn't sit up reliably yet she took wonderful shots of him including the one dd calls the "unbelievably and improbably amazing photo" of dgs 'sitting' on the bed in front of his parents sitting up at the headboard. He's in full focus, with the biggest smile, and they are smiling in soft focus behind. I'm sure he toppled over seconds after the image was captured!

Each year, this woman's photos end up on my photo mug because she captures the spirit of the child/family. Last year's photo of dgs giving his mother a huge hug is also on a photo mug.

So I'm looking forward to this year's pics. Dgd is close to sitting, and getting smiles out of her is as easy as pie. Dgs is a smiley, adorable, angel so the photos should be wonderful.

I'll go over later in the day to drop off the cradle plaque and dh's keys so dd can bring him home on Sunday.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:38 pm

What system is working for you today?

Consistently doing the basics. I sometimes get a little bored with doing the same categories over and over every day. But if I spend a few minutes on each category every day it keeps them out of CHAOS status. I have a list of things that I do in each category that reminds me of what to do each day. It is a super simple method but effective.

I am feeling better today so I am encouraged that it was just overload. There are no extra activities planned for today so we didn't have to be up and out the door this morning. DGD8 is with DD for 24 hours so there is less child care. My blood sugar is still too high but I am monitoring it, plus when & what I eat.

When DH was about to leave this morning I asked if he has talked to his sister about switching day/night shift. DH could sleep at his DMom's house (Instead of his DSis) and then he would have his days available. I could tell by his face that he hadn't considered doing that. I just tossed out the idea and now will hush. The seed is planted so maybe something will come of that conversation. Or not.

next up -
** Personal AM
** Drink & Food prep
** Swim pool
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:23 pm

We are counting the cost of a she shed expansion might be too much.
Had fun watching the air show while I watered.
I Got the step to the shed redone moved blocks yea me. Tossed old wood from that.
Pulled a few weeds in that area, and I am pleased with those results.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:04 pm

I wanted to say hello. The last few days have been really hectic, but we are finally settled in at dson/ddil's house for a few days. We had lots of help loading the truck; ds#1 and family, ds#2 & ddil, ds#3 & dgs17 and dniece & her three dsons. We were grateful for the help, but more important to us was being able to spend time with our dfamily. Anyway, the plane ride was good, only a little turbulance just before we landed. Ddil was there waiting for us. The ride home from the airport was about an hour and half; we hadn't had lunch, so we added a stop at Cracker Barrel for an early dinner.

Dsons 2 & 3 and dgson left early this morning and are on their way. We should see them late tonight.

I've looked in here as much as I could, but I have a few days to cuop. Hopefully I will be able to keep up more.

This sat here while we got lunch ready. Going to drink my cup of tea now.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:49 pm

I haven't CUOPed entirely but wanted to check in. I went to vet and picked up seresto collar, then dropped a package at the UPS store. I came home then and and had lunch and relaxed a bit, then went to the funeral home (way across town) to pick up the death certificate and then by the cemetery. I left a small stone at the cemetery in accordance with Jewish custom. I stopped on the way home at the vintage store and got a book too. I almost feel human today!

Dh has gone with ds to get him a new computer chair for this birthday next week. I'm going to stamp a bit...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:52 pm

So much I want to respond to from yesterday AND today, already, and I can't keep up!
I was just absent yesterday all day (except to read posts and check in on J&C) as dh and I were still "stewing," as he put it (re: himself.) I might ought to go back to J&C for all this, but it seems so insignificant compared to the real life & death, or at least serious health, situations some are facing.

Anyway, I could probably have anyone over most anytime, if I did a quick check up on the bathrooms to see if they needed s/s. There might be a little dust on the flat surfaces, and occasionally some dust bunnies or crumbs on the kitchen floor, but otherwise, our house generally looks "okay."
Ha -- thinking about that A T & T commercial -- "Just okay is not okay." :roll: :lol:
OTOH -- I do struggle with my systems, but I have to say I've done a bit better this week.
I did NOTHING, however, on Thurs or Fri because (1) I got less sleep than I needed, and (2) I was out of the house a lot with * swimming lessons, * t-ball game, and * riding around with dh. I've been a little sleep-deprived too -- I've had just a little more than six hours' sleep the last 4 nights, so I've needed my nap each day. In the last two weeks, with naps included, I've only hit 8 hours three times. So I'm not being too hard on myself.

Today, I went outside and walked 2 miles while I talked to dmom on the phone. It was not a FAST walk -- it took me about 40 minutes -- but it is HOT out there and I haven't done that much walking even on the days I did get my "walk away the pounds" in -- which has been precious few this month.
Good thing I went out when I did, because it is pouring down rain now. We've had thundershowers every day for the past few days, but they haven't lasted too long.

LadyM -- what are your different categories for each day, if you don't mind sharing? You always do so much, and I'm just amazed because you have the two little ones underfoot so much of the time. Sounds like having LordM spend nights at his dmom's would work much better. Maybe if his sister also wants her days free, they could alternate weeks or something?

Hope your ankle feels better soon, Kathryn! (((HUGS)))

Blessed, I hope you and your dmom have a good day. I certainly KWYM re: feeling guilty being pulled between dh and dmom... BTDT...

Twins -- good for you -- waking up with a bit more energy. It will come... just go with the flow. Rest when you need rest; "do" when the energy is there! (((HUGS)))

Dee, I should delete Sudoku and Solitaire from my phone, but I depend on it too much for times when I'm waiting on something or needing a distraction from obsessive thoughts, which still can bother me from time to time (although I must admit I am doing better lately, it seems.)

Make the world go away and get it off my shoulders.
(((Harriet)))

WTG, Lynlee & Nancy with your yard work today!

So good to see Sunny checking in with us! The wonderful thing about the internet, no matter where you are, you're never far from our little village!

* Happy belated birthday to US, btw! I missed that yesterday, too!
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:40 pm

Eeeeek!!! HELP!!!
Power just went off while I was working on computer.
Now my “desktop” cannot be found. I only see 4 icons: admin, computer, recycle bin, and control panel.
I am trying to do Windows Backup now and find a restore point. But that’s not working.
Aaaauuuggghhh!!!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:49 pm

Lucylee: don't panic. Windows Restore often takes a long time (as in, more than enough time to panic.)

I've done the ironing and the mending. And enough tidying to be happy with the apartment as it will appear to dh when he steps in the door tomorrow. I know he'll only see home but it would be nice if home could be extra welcoming for him. I'm now regretting my decision to work tomorrow.

He and I did a video chat while he was in the lounge in Addis Ababa. He was off-set in the frame so I could see all the people to-ing and fro-ing. Such a mix of style - full suit, white shirt, open collar and black pants, traditional Ethiopian robes. The women, however, were almost all in traditional clothing.

He was so tired. It was only 9:15 p.m. his time but he's been going to bed each day at 9 so he was ready to go to bed. The plan is for him to sleep on the first leg of the trip. The plane will refuel in Ireland. He lands in Canada around 8 tomorrow morning, and lands here around 11.

I'm going over to dd's now to drop off the keys.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:04 pm

It says it can’t find/doesn’t have backup set up.
I am able to chat with an At&t tech. Got him online now.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”