moving from CHAOS (can't have anyone over syndrome) to the new CHAOS*: CAN HAVE ANYONE OVER SYSTEM PWYC SATURDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: moving from CHAOS (can't have anyone over syndrome) to the new CHAOS*: CAN HAVE ANYONE OVER SYSTEM PWYC SATURDAY

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:14 pm

Sunny - I'm so glad you are there and your family have gathered to make your move go smoothly as possible.

LucyLee - I would turn PC off and let it sit for at least a minute then turn it back on. Sometimes a profile gets corrupt and new has to be made but that is fairly easy. Glad you are on the phone with support person.

what are your different categories for each day
I am always modifying this so next week it will probably be different. I only put things on this list that I have forgotten to do. That's the whole reason for this list…..to be my reminder to do the things that I want to be sure get done. Currently, my categories are -

** Healthy Habits
** AM
** DH support
** Drinks & Food prep
** Swimming Pool
** Container Plants
** Front Porch
** Living Room
** Kitchen
** Bathroom
** Bedroom
** DS10
** DGD8
** Laundry
** Homeschool
** PM
Inside those categories are 121 items that I check & mark off after they are done. I am not 100% successful every day on every task. Somedays I get close to finishing everything but when I'm out of the house several hours then I can't get everything done. I like this list because it shows me what I didn't get done and those items get higher priority to prevent repeat skipping.

I never play any games on my phone or computer. But I do have a couple of games on my phone that I allow the kids to play when I need them to sit quietly (doctor office or in a restaurant). They love playing "Stack the States" and I have been pleasantly surprised how much they have learned from it. I still have "Khan Academy Kids" loaded on phone but they don't play it because they have never got tired of playing the Stack the States game.

I've been working on organizing homeschool stuff. I've put together 10 binders (one for each subject) and made covers for each of them. We will be starting homeschool on Monday but we are only doing Reading assignments & Piano practice for the first few days to get us back into the groove. I still need to do detail planning of the other subjects but it is coming along. Today I started detail planning of Language Art assignments and realized I need a parent guide so I have that book ordered. I also felt sorta clueless looking through Physics & Chemistry assignments so I ordered A Visual Encyclopedia of the Periodic Table for ME to have a better understanding.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Re: moving from CHAOS (can't have anyone over syndrome) to the new CHAOS*: CAN HAVE ANYONE OVER SYSTEM PWYC SATURDAY

Postby lucylee » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:24 pm

Aaaaauuuuggghhh!!!
Tried that — restarting/etc a couple times — NOTHING. Says it can not access drive.
Now my phone bill is going to be $15 more every month... bc I did NOT have the support plan I thought I did... and I am having trouble getting back to the chat person... since I left the sales person... and I may cry.
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:39 pm

Alrighty then! I just finished cleaning/organizing the 2 shelves in our washer closet (in the bathroom). That was 2 days' worth so I'm building extra days into my 'system'. Didn't take me all that long and it looks so much better. Was able to put a lot of things like light bulbs, etc in the drawers of 2 sets I have on the lower shelf. They've just simply been 'stuffed' up there. Bit by bit......
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:42 pm

Dee - You're a decluttering & organizing ROCK STAR!

LucyLee - Restarting computer has me wondering if you are doing a completed shutdown.....let it sit for a minute or so then turn it back on. Restarting/rebooting the computer can put things in hibernation and not close all the processes. It is a big difference if something is hung up. Wish I was more help.

Hum....Surely I have done a restore in the 30 years of computer support at payroll. But I can't remember ever doing one. So I am absolutely no help with that. I always go to the event logs and see what is happening and do troubleshooting from that information.

Losing power is also something that I have little experience with since using laptops for years. Before that, the desktop was on a backup power supply so I had time to do a proper shutdown.

I feel kinda clueless & inadequate in computer support now.

I cooked 2 cups of Barley in the Instant Pot. That grain swells up like crazy. It made 17 servings! I've got those packaged and most of them went into the freezer because I already have plenty of carbs ready to eat. The carb tub in the refrigerator already has mashed potatoes, potato salad, and tortillas. I also cooked chicken patties and hamburger meat today to restock the protein tub in the refrigerator. Vegetables are always plentiful.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:01 pm

I actually unplugged it for several minutes. The tech has repaired SOME issues and is now trying to “repair office” bc I can’t get Word documents to open.
Looks like I’ll have to go back and get my desktop shortcuts back though. On my own bc I can’t remember all of them to tell the tech, of course. Sheesh.
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:21 pm

I'm back from dd's. I got a dozen "big squeeze bear hugs" from dgs who was delighted to see me. Dgd was trying to see me behind her (she could hear me but I was directly behind her) by leaning her head alllllll the way back and looking at me upside down.

The cradle plaque is wrong. But at least it isn't my fault (although I'm out almost $50 for the engraving so I'm none too pleased.) My dsisil gave me the plaque to have engraved. It is the wrong size. Very visibly the wrong size. Sigh....

Dd will take it to the engravers and see if she can buy the right one and pay to have it engraved herself. Dgs was the last of the original blanks that my dmil had ordered when the family cradle was created. The new ones that my dsisil were sold are not the right size.

I was driving home and could see a terrible storm in my end of the city. It is still a terrible storm an hour later with lots of lightening but the sun is shining as well. I shall go look for rainbows. I turned on the radio in the car just in case and sure enough there was a tornado warning so I didn't bother to gas up the car on my way home. I'll have to go out later since I don't want to leave in the morning without a full tank of gas.

Ds is 140 miles away but texted me as I was coming off the elevator to say he had just finished the race moments before the heavens opened there. He said the organizers were pulling everyone off the course so he was lucky to finish properly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:30 pm

Lots of shots of a full double rainbow on reddit but I could only see a part single from my place.

As the sun was out, I took that opportunity to gas up the car while it wasn't raining. The station across from the pub normally drops its prices while we have dinner there and sure enough I paid 36 cents a gallon less than I would have this afternoon. So the car is full and ready to go.

Ninety minutes to bedtime. I'm going to put some clear polish on my toe nails so they won't look too disgusting tomorrow. It is finally sandal weather here. Normally I start painting my toe nails at the beginning of May.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:27 pm

<>|<€*^%+^<€]%£•€<
Aaaaasghhhh!!!!
I just feel sick. Signed up for that %^^*#% and I’m no better off at all. Still no desktop icons, nothing will stay pinned to taskbar, and most important, I can’t open any of my documents!!!
Ooohhh — need to check photos.
Also can’t open external hard drive.
Sheesh. And now I’m signed up for $180 over the next year. When we can not afford anything extra!!!
I just want to cry.
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:14 pm

This is probably too technical to you but it sounds like someone else has a similar problem. Unfortunately, I don't see a solution, just the list of everything they tried.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 4c6f3e7c60

By any chance did you download a program called Creator? I get the feeling it was supposed to be an upgrade to Office but I'm not sure.

Your problem is making me nervous about my new Win10 machine. Still haven't booted it up yet.

I was going to bed when I realized I hadn't yet packed my preaching bag. I also had to print off the service. So I went through the sermon another 2x and took out 300 words of interesting background and then printed.

Now to get ready for bed.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:58 pm

s2s x
Went to farmers mkt. , shared some produce w dd.
I tried a painting technique on a mini tool box, spilled paint so not happy with the results.
I painted a picture frame.

Return to “Post When You Can”