Simply a Sunday - Pwyc

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Simply a Sunday - Pwyc

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:28 am

Sometimes we just need to look at one day at a time and find peace in it.
No over-goal-ing
No oh my gosh I didn't do x...y...z (that should be out of our vocabulary)! We SHE's use that way way too much 8-) :D
No re-inventing the wheel

Today is just Sunday! It's just a day! No big anything!

Keep it simple.

Just be - feel what you feel - it's okay
- tears (cleans the soul)
- memories bring back joys
- grateful for one thing - makes us see what has been gifted to us
-joy
-what ever you feel - it is good - there is a reason for you so that you can find peace, joy and learning.
- Most of all: just don't overthink today.

Slow down
Find one thing to be grateful for
Be in the moment

Happy and peaceful/calm Sunday to you all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Simply a Sunday - Pwyc

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:39 am

And right back at ya', Blessed! :D

I slept unbelievably well last night. Never woke up until 6am. I'm just taking the day slow and easy today. Have a bridal shower here (somewhere) this afternoon. Meant to have dh see if he can find out where it's being held. There's about 4 pavilions and then there's Boulder Hall & the site itself. Imagine one of the pavilions in case of inclement weather. Right now it's sunny but cool and breezy!

My focus for today is to take all of dh's clothes out of his drawers in our washer closet in the bathroom. He went to get a clean shirt out this morning & I noticed some of his good shirts were in there that he brought up north with him in March. Aha! I thought he brought this one particular shirt but I hadn't seen it. Now I know and it makes me even more ready to dive into those drawers & see what else is hiding.

Time for breakfast. Just finished my meds while I typed.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:57 am

I am so happy you had a lovely night sleep last night!!!
waving right back at you!!!! :D :D :D d Dee
woo hoo on your dh finding his shirt!
Have a lovely time at the wedding shower!!! May the weather be nice.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:02 am

Blessed - Thank you for the wonderful reminder and the start to today thread.

I sat down with a cup of coffee to update my spreadsheet.

I start my day with an excel worksheet showing 123 items to be thought about. Some need actions and some just need to be monitored. It takes seconds to think about each one and to check that item is done. That is easy. With a couple of clicks of the mouse that item is marked green for the day and it disappears from my sight. Some items I want to track detail information so I add that information before I click hide.

What I find hard is when I forget to think about that item and one day I stop in astonishment how horrible it looks. How does that happen? Once it reaches that point & embarrassment, it then takes an immense amount of time, effort and oomph to get it back into maintenance mode.

I know doing things this way probably does not make sense to 99% of people. But I've learned (the hard way) that I need this accountability. So starting my day with 123 items to check & monitor seems easy and a carefree way of going through the day.

Today is the last day of the 6th month & the last day in the first half of the year. Swwooosh! Time goes by fast.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:35 am

such a good idea to have your things on an excel sheet dLady!!!
I think that getting back in maintenance mode is a lot of work. Maintenance, each day, is easier... I agree.
I am with you on the need for accountability. It gives me balance.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:35 am

I have sat for tooooooooo long.
I have to finish washing the screens and putting them up before the rain.
i also have to do weeding and watering.

No thought is going into this too much. Just being for now. I know me though ;) I can easily get on the hamster wheel. that's not my goal today.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:28 am

I enjoyed Harriet's pst yesterday sitting outside watching her hens such a nice thought. I walked early this morning, saw two deer on Paint Horse Road one of our regular walking routes! :mrgreen: Watching trash to treasure vids. I got some painting supplies rounded up in a box from crafting projects on the counter from this week so h or I can do food prep. Today as needed.

I want to learn the antiquing effects yesterday had one fiasco I was able to rescue with a fabric basket liner. It wil be fun to fringe it. Got blue paint all over my hands when it spilled.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:35 pm

d nancy - good day to you! I always love learning about your creative abilities. Wishing you a lovely day!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:38 pm

I hit a sit on my fanny moment. I went to the pool store as dd older said she would help me with the pump today. I need to open it and clean the filter and then clean the bottom of the pool. I also have to test the water

okay time to be a grown up again and "mom up" kat of a better life with Kat.

it's 90 but I think I will do 5 - 15 minutes of weeding. It is supposed to pour at 2 pm
screens are back up again after washing.

Blessed stop dawdling! 8-) 8-) 8-)

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:30 pm

Hi!

I have done 1 load of laundry but it needs to come out of the dryer and be put away. I also ran the dishwasher.

I also had a good cry at lunch time. Dh took up all the flagstones and it took 2 trips to take them all over to his friend's house. He gave them to her in return for all the plants and advice she has given him. He came back and we started trying to figure out where to put the patio stones. I think there were 8 of them. We ended up putting a canvas truck tarp on the ground where the flagstones were and we weighed that down with 4 patio stones. The tarp will stay there and dh is going to build a patio over where the stone patio was. ... the reason I cried was that dh got mad when he was putting a patio stone down because he didn't think it would look any good where I suggested.... dh has never hit a woman ever... BUT his temper tantrums are a sight to behold. There is yelling at the object. Throwing of something usually and just like that, the sound and fury is over. I HATE the blur of fury. When we came in to eat lunch I just started to cry. Dh also cried. He asked if I was going to leave him. NO! I told him I just get upset because he is too loud even if it's just one cuss word. He bellows! He is so loud. But then it's over. To me, that explosion used to mean a long and loud verbally abusive war that I could never win when I was with my x. Dh said that he had been told many years ago when he was in anger management classes thanks to an x wife, that getting it out of your system was better than holding it inside until you couldn't hold it any more. ... I just hate the noise and I couldn't hold back my tears. I'm okay now and dh said he will do his best to wait until he is at work to yell at his stuff. He doesn't yell at me. I just think it's stupid to yell at a patio stone or a measuring tape. Sheesh!!

We are having BBQ steak for supper tonight.

Dh has been outside since 8 a.m. There isn't a cloud in the sky and he is getting a lot of stuff done.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”