Simply a Sunday - Pwyc

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Simply a Sunday - Pwyc

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:25 pm

((((d cathy)))) Best to walk away if someone is uncontrollably angry - good place to go - the bathroom with a nice book and a drink of cold tea or water. His growing up probably had a lot to do with his temper outburst. It wasn't you. The fact that he cried shows that he knew he went too far. put head phones/music on or anything. He may be angry at the item (when that adrenaline hits and he looses control( the chemical reaction in his body and brain) but he will calm down faster if you are not near and not allow yourself to be there- bc it is not your issue. Thank goodness you know it is not you! It sounds like he is trying to grow from this. (((to your dh as well as he learns from this today))). It's a horrible feeling to be angry and out of control; I am sure.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:34 pm

Storms are coming through.
It's actually nice that they are. That means tomorrows weeding will be easy.
It's quiet in the house. Dh is on his computer. the animals are sleeping.

I got some of the bunting outside before the thunder boomer came through.
all my screens are on again
under the stairs is finally vacuumed and all the keepsakes of dd younger's is in there.

I really would like to finish the family room zone 5
I would also like to finish laundry - one basket left

ta ta talented thoughtful ladies!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:28 pm

Home and helping dh unpack. First load of laundry is on. The whites will be soaking in dishwasher detergent overnight to try and get them white again. Not sure how the local washer women do it that their whites are bright, but certainly not the way dh was hand washing his things (he had trouble with them getting clothes back to him in a timely fashion last year so this year he washed everything himself.)

The batik he brought back is gorgeous but it smells so I need to get it put away. My chest is tightening.

The outfits he had made are lovely but they also will need many washes. There is a ton of sizing in the material that needs to be removed. I need to find out if they can go in the dryer.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:00 pm

First two loads through the washer. Load one is on the drying rack. Load two is in the dryer and on the rack. Load three (whites) are in the washer. There is a load 4, 5 and 6, with the last two needing multiple washes to get sizing out of the wax print fabric. Dh had the clothing all custom tailored. He did not have the fabric washed before having it tailored. There is a dress for me and a skirt for me, a shirt for dh made from the skirt fabric and other shirts, plus napkins and aprons. The aprons are in small sizes (but varying) so that our grandchildren will have special African aprons when cooking here.

We went out to McD's for supper. I have food to cook for tomorrow night so I didn't do any grocery shopping.

I'm exhausted. This often happens, I seem to assume the jet lag that dh should have. He's tiring fast, though.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:58 pm

welcome home to Mr. Ken!
good work!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:00 pm

what's the next right thing? compared to what my body wants to do :D 8-)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:18 pm

I am listening to the tatoo for oh canada day celebration!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:23 pm

Dh is in bed now. I'm waiting for the whites in the dryer to finish. There weren't many so I only put them on for 20 minutes.

I have another load for tomorrow, plus my towels and the sheets since it is Monday.

It is Canada Day tomorrow and I have to decide what, if anything, I want to do.

Free baseball in the afternoon. Free buses all day (which means they'll be really crowded) and a carillon concert at 10 that interests me (plus I'd stay downtown for the Snowbirds at noon.)

On the other hand, I can see the planes from here, and I could sleep in and not battle crowds.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:27 pm

Good night all!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:53 pm

(((Cathy))) I can relate, I think. DH often gets mad about something and goes around fussing about it and when I let him know he's upsetting me, he'll say, "But I wasn't even TALKING to you! I'm not mad at YOU!" But that doesn't mean I don't HEAR the sound and the fury. :roll:
That was kinda the point with the ballgame aggravation the other night. DH just doesn't realize that what he says, basically to himself, affects the rest of us around him. Shaking my head...

Glad Ken is home, and hope you both get a great night's sleep, Kathryn!

Happy Canada Day! Free baseball and free buses? That sounds like a great way to celebrate!
We're trying to plan 4th of July -- if larger family doesn't do something with ALL of us, dmom wants to make ice cream at her house, and then we will probably go watch fireworks. Just ddil and the dgrands and us -- ds will be on the road again. DDIL said we should invite dmom to go with us, so I guess we will. She won't go. Too late at night for her, LOL.

Tomorrow is a day for DPC for me. Y'all say a prayer for me.
* New heart doctor's office for dh -- he needs rx renewed, hoping to find out who his new doctor will be...
* A T & T -- to straighten out MAJOR questions re: bill -- the $15 increase apparently looks like a $65 increase, according to the receipt they sent me in email. They think my internet service costs $79!!! My most recent bill says it is $30!!!
* Computer repair store
-- My internet is working fine, but I cannot access Word or Excel. Probably a problem with the Office software, AT&T tech says.
I also cannot save icons/shortcuts to my desktop or pin to task bar, and dh cannot access his games. (Not online, just solitaire, etc, on the computer). Probably a problem with Microsoft, AT&T tech says.
"So I just committed to $180 for the next year, for something that isn't even under your control," I said.
"I understand your frustration," the AT&T tech said.
:roll: :evil:
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”