Simply a Sunday - Pwyc

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Simply a Sunday - Pwyc

Postby Harmony » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:58 am

Oh, Lucylee, I just hate this for you. Computer problems like this just make us feel so helpless, don't they? I don't know what I would do if I couldn't access my excel or word. And I've had mine go out with a power outage... and ended up pulling the cable from the back because I couldn't even shut it off properly and then got it all started again. I know, I've been told I could lose everything doing that. And in this new one I'd have no idea how to do a restore. I don't know how to do much of anything technical with this version of Windows.

So, I wasn't feeling up to par Wed and Thurs. and slept a good bit of Friday. We had arranged with 2 couples to go out to dinner and back to one of their houses to watch a movie, and we did that. The trip over there was just awful with a storm overhead and rain coming down so fast we couldn't see the road ahead of us.

Saturday we went an hour+ up the interstate where we met DD and 1 DGSon and watched him play a basketball game. There was a big tournament in the area in all the high school gymnasiums around and lots of teams from everywhere. We had lunch together and then another game in another school. While waiting for their team to play both times we watched another team, so we watched 4 games in all. More than I've ever seen in my lifetime! But it was terrific fun to see DGSon play. He is pretty good!

Sunday was church and beach. We are both kinda whipped after all the traveling this past week and all the social.

Lots of conversation while we were floating around in the gulf this afternoon. Figuring out our future. For once DH was amenable to building us a smaller house and selling here. My mind has been reeling, figuring everything out. We would have one less bedroom and one less bathroom and everything much smaller. He said we wouldn't need the office...so is he really thinking of quitting the business? And to give up his shop means giving up trucks and a lot of stuff. Oh my. What to do, what to do. I think this would be as bad as what Sunny is doing.

I love my neighborhood, but DH thinks we should find some place with sewer instead of septic tanks. We don't have that here. Always thought I'd like to stay around here forever. But there are other neighborhoods, we'd just have to look around. A lot of my furniture likely wouldn't fit either. We're thinking of building a version of the house we used to have, the one we just sold. At least I know how that house works for us. Ah, so many decisions to be made and it makes me tired to just think about it all.

Return to “Post When You Can”