Happy birthday Canada!!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Happy birthday Canada!!

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:11 pm

((((Dee)))) I'm sorry for your loss. Yes, I agree we just never know what the day will hold. I'm glad you were there for your DH doctor appointment. IMHO someone needs to be taking notes when the doctor gives verbal instructions especially when it concerns changing the dosage of multiple medications. If not notes, then at least audio recording of it. Hum....wonder if this will ever happen in medical care?

DS10 has apologized for this morning homeschool attitude in earnest. "Mom, please stop what you are doing and look at me." Then DS10 held my hands and looked me in the eye as he said: "I am so sorry for acting like I did this morning". Then he later brought me a Diet Pepsi that he bought for me with his own money. Yup. I do believe he is entirely sorry with his behavior. Hopefully, we can start fresh with a better attitude in homeschool tomorrow.

DS10 and a friend are in his bedroom putting together a robot. It has hundreds of pieces so it is going to be a several hour project. DGD8 is in her bedroom. Everyone has been fed so I can drop into childcare monitoring mode.

Next up -
** Living room
** Kitchen
** Bathroom
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:29 pm

Found dh's print out from his last visit to his Primary Dr. And in black in white it says: the new med, continue taking the Lasix AND DISCONTINUE THE SPIROLACTONE. I simply believed dh and never looked at the print out or we could have at least avoided some headaches. I should know better -I'm the one who handles all the meds and have everything written out explicitly so dh knows what to take/when and how to fill his med containers when he has to do it by himself. It's one job that I just do (when I'm here with him).
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:53 pm

Dee, don't be so hard on yourself. I don't check behind dh's dr instructions routinely. If he leaves them lying around I will scan to Evernote and recycle the paper copy but I trust him to take the meds. (He doesn't fill up a meds container and he often forgets, but it's his deal, not mine for now.) I'm sorry for your loss, we really never know at all. I think you're wise not to attempt a whirlwind trip to FL.

I've done some piddling with DNA matches and family trees and identified a DNA match as going to a particular surname and family that already matches someone else. I'm on the hunt, if I could just narrow it down a little more...

Dfriend M and I got new glasses and I'll put new sunglass lens in my old regular glasses frames. Saves some $$ so I don't feel bad about spending so much right now, although it's been several years since I got either new glasses. Hopefully will have new for the trip to the beach. We had lunch out, and I'm home waiting for the repair person for the refrigerator. I did some purging and need to finish that clean up. It's been two weeks since dmom passed away and things were hectic before then since she was ailing and I spent more time over there; the refrigerator reflects that I didn't cook much or purge. I found things I had forgotten about altogether.

I need to wipe out the refrigerator a bit....still waiting....[drums fingers hopefully...]
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:06 pm

(((Dee))) I am so sorry for the loss of your dfriend. Life can certainly change in an instant and you are so right, we just never know.
Spirolactone caused dh the same problems, and his doctor took him off it also.

So... yard man is at ds's house now...
waiting on computer people to call back... (ds wasn't able to do anything, said, "This computer has problems.")
I did color my hair. Talked to dmom on the phone. DH and I went to the bank and the post office earlier.
DH talked to a friend and agreed to play golf Wednesday. Then complained to me that it is too hot and he'll "Probably have a stroke."
SIGH.
About to start supper -- trying something new -- oven-baked pork chops/daunt's recipe...
then we have to go to the drug store to get dh's rx, and then t-ball, where we certainly will hope & pray that dh can keep his critique to himself!
DH said just now, "I wish this day was OVER."

LadyM -- so glad ds apologized and made such an effort to make up for his morning! He sounds like such a sweet boy.

I can't cuop and respond to everyone because every time I type a word, someone comes through interrupting or calls me on the phone. :evil:
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:26 pm

I really need to work for awhile...setting timer....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:10 pm

I think you're wise not to attempt a whirlwind trip to FL.
Actually the trip would be to Olean, NY -a little over 2 hours each way, plus the time there. I just finally recovered from the trip there Tuesday about Sat/Sun so it's probably in my best interest not to try it again already. Besides calling hours are Wednesday at 10 am and the service is Thursday, the 4th, at 10am. Makes for a very early, long day for us. Either way, we've pretty well decided not to go.

DD and DS-R have been here all day putting in new steps to our deck for us. One step in particular was getting very soft right where we would step & they (and we) were getting concerned about it giving away. Our birthday/anniversary present. Know the sun has been very hot. DD has had steak marinating all day for a b'day dinner tonight. So, we're all going over there pretty soon. Know dh is pretty sad/upset about our dfriend, so this will be good for him.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:29 pm

Dh and I had a bit to eat. If we were snooty and trying to impress, we had charcuterie, but we aren't, so we had some pickles, cheese and various meats, including salami, which some people (looking at M Stewart) now call salumi. I actually did a bit of a search online and charcuterie boards really started to become trendy in 2017. We just call it cheese and crackers and meat. Dh ate the leftover steak from last night.

Last load of stuff is now going in the washer because I had enough to run the dishwasher. I also did "most" of the hand wash pots and pans and knives which took so little time.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:11 pm

DH came home mid-afternoon from his DMom's. DH set up the alert system so now DMIL is wearing an alert button around her neck and another one on her wrist. When she presses the alert button it automatically calls 3 numbers (DSIL, DH & DBIL) and gives a recorded message (Help). This allows DMIL to be alone in her home for a few hours at a time but still have the security of getting help if she needs it. DMIL loves being alone and has been looking forward to reaching this milestone in her recovery. DSIL lives within a half miles of DMIL and can be there in minutes.

We all went to the city to buy items on the list. DH was buying for the church and I was buying for us. We put over $400 of stuff in the back of the SUV and it made me thankful that it all fit. I was concerned because we had some really bulky items - 3 cases of toilet paper and 3 cases of paper towels which take up a lot of space. DS10 found a package of fireworks containing 1038 pieces for $30. I'm not a big firework person so I'm glad to have that decision made. That gives DS10 and DGD8 over 500 things each to pop on the 4th.

DD is going to come to get DGD8 tonight and keep her until noon tomorrow. The guy that owns the house where DD is living returns from a 2 month trip on Wednesday. DD plans on spending her free time with him for the next several days so DGD8 will most likely not see DD until next week sometime.

Next up -
** Bedroom
** PM
I'm pleased with what I've accomplished today. Not everyday is this productive.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:20 pm

Don't want to shock anyone, but I'm going to go to bed early this evening. :idea:

"early" is relative since two different author/doctors I admire have both advised just aiming for 10 p.m. bedtime for simplicity of a target. So I'm barely on time if you look at it that way.

Maybe tomorrow there will be bandwidth to post more.

Norma, really glad to see you and hear you are better.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:49 pm

BANG! BANG! BANG! The winery across the street had fireworks (BANG!) tonight!! I'm happy that I wasn't in bed when they started. They had a large party that led up to the fireworks. There were also 2 separate firework displays to the west of us. Further away, but still loud enough to be heard. Everything echoed off of the escarpment to the south of us.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”