Happy birthday Canada!!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Happy birthday Canada!!

Postby CathyS » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:48 am

Happy July 1st. Seems we are 152 years old today.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

CathyS

Re: Happy birthday Canada!!

Postby CathyS » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:51 am

It's sunny and the skies are blue! Almost everything is closed today except restaurants and corner stores. Some pharmacies are open for a few hours.

Dh and I have a lunch reservation for a pig roast in Hamilton.

I would like to get one load of laundry done. I also have some pots and pans that just don't seem to get done. I will do them before I go to bed tonight.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:17 am

Happy Birthday Canada! Thankful for good neighbors. :)

Last night I cooked an apple with some raisins and after eating that my BS went higher than it has ever gone. I was a bit spooked. My BS came back down (too quickly IMHO) within an hour which caused more concern how far down it would drop. This BS blooper made me shaky, nausea and feeling like POS. Thankfully I feel back to normal this morning. I've got to be vigilant with my eating choices and BS testing and see if my body will calm down.

Today we resume homeschool. DS10 has been dreading AND looking forward to this day. Me too! We are starting with a very light schedule to ease us back into the learning groove.

I had a person pop into my head that could be a possibility for our new preacher. I'm following up on this possibility and will see where it goes. Another person has thrown a different person name into the hat for consideration and it caused some excitement & enthusiasm at the possibility. Our church does things different from "normal" churches with rules and regulations to follow. We don't have a search committee to find a new preacher. It just sorta happens. Everyone knows someone that knows someone...... When a possibility is found they will come to preach and see if it is a match for them and congregation. Because we meet in a barn, that excludes many from considering us.....and that's okay. They wouldn't be a good match for us. Job description: Be a spiritual mentor to 500 outlaws. It takes a special kinda personality to embrace this job and lifestyle. The search continues.

next up -
** Personal AM
** DH support
** Drinks & food prep
But first I'm going for my morning walk.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:13 am

Wishes and prayers for good things to happen in your search, DLadyM!

Happy Birthday: "Oh, Canada". As someone said earlier, so glad to have good neighbors and good friends just over the border.

Today is dh's birthday and his present? Go to his Primary Dr. for his physical. I'm going with him but not into the office.

We're going to take a run by A ldi's on our way back -it's about 3 miles out of our way so closer than ever before.

I see Dh couldn't get his 'work truck' started this morning. It's still parked across the street in a vacant driveway with its hood up. Glad I didn't want to use the golf cart this morning as that's gone with him. Sure he's up taking his shower right now. Told him we needed to leave no later than 9:30am. So that means I better finish getting ready myself.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:04 am

Happy Birthday Canada! Happy Canada day to you and yours d kathryn and d cathy!
So happy the weather is lovely!

that's an awful feeling - I wonder if the raisins were the culprit dlady
hoping you have a lovely school day!
praying you find yourself a new preacher!

hello d dee
Happy Birthday too mr. Dee!!!
Enjoy the day you two!

hello to all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:04 am

d mom is coming here at 11 so I can take her to her far away dr. # 1 today.
just came home from blood test.

I have to slip slid and away to my home blessing. ta ta

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:16 am

Canada Day greetings

It's nice Ken in Canada is safely in Canada again in time for it

Happy Birthday, Mr. DeeClutter

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:24 am

Happy Birthday Mr. Dee Clutter! Hope the appointment goes well today.

Slowly getting my day going around here. My head is spinning with the stuff I was posting last evening. Really, I just don't know what to think.

Just paid some bills online. And sorted my desk. Must give some attention to laundry. 1 LOL to wash and hang and 2 to fold up and put away.

I have a sunburn on my chest / neck area. Maybe I forgot to put the sunscreen in that area? It usually keeps me from burning, and I do tan a bit and maybe a rosy glow, but never a burn. I actually look better with this much sun on me, not so pasty white.

Happy Canada Day to our Canadian friends.

LadyM, I have had raisin bran trigger a low BS. My doctor insists I do not have hypoglycemia, but I think that's because I've never been tested. Any dried fruit has lots of sugar in it.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:00 am

Happy Birthday to Canada! Hoping that Cathy, Kathryn and Ken and any others have a wonderful celebration today!

I think (hope?) I've turned a corner for the moment. Still teared up this a.m. but my energy is coming back. I've made a couple of calls trying to get a fix for my refrigerator - the ice maker is still not working well and, even more worrisome, the temp feels off although it's still somewhat cool. First place didn't answer the phone and didn't call back, so I called a second and talked to lady who will "call me right back." So then first place called and second still needs "another 15 or 20 min to let me know when someone can come." Oy. And I have eye appt at 12:30 for ck up and new glasses and going with dfriend M and we're supposed to have lunch and the day is just unsettled.

I've started laundry and walked dog. I'm going to s2s even tho I usually do so every other day. Yesterday was hot/humid at market and in convertible going and coming. I'm not a fan of dh's convertible in hot weather, actually.

Nodding in agreement regarding raisins having sugar - because they're dried they are concentrated. LadyM, sometime try a baked apple with a little cinnamon or allspice to confirm raisin issue?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:38 am

Hello d twins
I am happy that you have your energy today d twins. It will come.
I too am not a fan of convertibles in hot weather!!! I agree.
I hope your lunch is a nice gentle relaxing one.

Hello d harmony
sending your sweet brain calm organized gentle and clear thoughts.
Ouch... sun burn!
heal fast!

hello d Harriet

hello d everyone

Return to “Post When You Can”