Take the time - today is a new day - PWYC Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Take the time - today is a new day - PWYC Tuesday

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:03 am

A lot happened yesterday with our dear loved ones here. (((d dee praying for you all about your dear friend))))
Sending prayers today to all!

Today: what would the term "take the time" mean for you?
Is it, take a moment and breath in - take the time for oneself?
Is it, take the time to look at what is ahead today and prepare oneself? (a simple path of course)
Is it, to take the time do follow through on something?
Is it time to do the next right thing?

Whatever time means to you, today, remember it is a brand NEW day. Yesterday is now behind us and we can move forward -
do what you need to do (or feel) today. it's your time.

Time synonyms:
day (for us it is a new day)
moment
life
present
season (remember that time is a season)
continuance
Juncture
sift
stretch
tide
tempo

What will time mean for you today?
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: Take the time - today is a new day - PWYC Tuesday

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:53 am

Hello hello

I have a bad dentist appointment at 11 am. Bite the bullet - I have to remember it will be over in no time 8-) ;) :D

I need to start!
Wishing you all a good day!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:11 am

Hi!

It rained overnight! YAY!! That's a good thing because the regular size rain barrels were getting empty. The 2 tanks were almost half empty.

No dirty dishes today. I just need to put away clean ones. Same with laundry. I have some clean laundry I need to take the time to put away.

I need to go get some groceries.

I have a hot tea waiting for me. Roomba is going around the house. She hasn't been getting used as much and it really showed with dh being home for 3 days. Lots of debris in the hallway and the large black rug/carpet/? at the back door needs attention.

No idea of what is for supper until I go buy it.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:12 am

hello d cathy!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:14 am

Hi Blessedw2 and LadyM!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:18 am

I actually thought I had had a pretty good day yesterday but when dh asked if I went to the cleaners for him, I had completely forgotten it. :lol: Never mind, he can go today because he'll be within a block of it.

I did go out with dfriend M and get glasses, had lunch out with her, and arranged for the refrigerator repair guy, so I did have a pretty good day. The refrigerator repair guy didn't finish until just past 7 so dh and I went out to eat at our favorite little neighborhood place that we can now get into since it's not the newest place in town. So nice to walk in and not have a substantial wait. I had eggplant parm, which came with a side. Both were such substantial portions that I have leftovers for a meal plus another half perhaps. And I had an excellent glass of wine so it really felt like a luxurious dinner w time for ourselves.

Dh bowls tonight so I have a free evening, then he leaves on a trip tomorrow a.m. He'll see his Aunt P and some clients in the FL area.

I need to walk the dog before the day heats up and get the garbage can out, and then get started on a.m. routine.

Other stuff today...
-get summer pillows to front porch
-pick up at drugstore
-groceries? Need a few things but might wait until tomorrow
-call dentist re sched fitting for mouth guard
-vet appt for dMuffin scheduled
-what else?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:25 am

Blessed - Thanks for the start today.

Today: what would the term "take the time" mean for you?

It helps me to take a break and put my feet up at various times throughout the day. I usually use those breaks time to hydrate, CUOP and update a spreadsheet. "Taking the time" to do this has multiple benefits of resting my body and it lets me review my plan of action for the next part of the day.

My hair is sweaty from this morning walk. While walking I'm listening to the Audible of the book "Delay, Don't Deny". The author is an elementary school teacher and I like how she takes complex subjects and explains them. There is a huge FB group that she manages that I've been monitoring for a couple of weeks.

Next up -
** personal AM
** DH support
** Food & drink prep
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:45 am

Take the time? That means to buckle down and take the time to do something that I might not want to do or that has been waiting or will be a long-ish project. I often just have to make up my mind to take the time to do something that's needing done. I'm always glad when said project is done!

Today I did just that. I worked on my desk, stuff piling up that wasn't time sensitive but still needed done. I can only let that stuff go so long before important stuff begins to get lost in the pile. I did find some important stuff there.

Counted pills to see if I had enough to fill DH's containers since he's a few days away from not having anything sorted. Ordered one.

My eye place called that my new glasses are in. I am going to go up there and pick them up. I can use my readers for close up stuff but they aren't perfect. They're off just enough to make figures difficult. Yesterday when I was doing all the quarter end work I was mixing up 3's and 5's and 8's. When things wouldn't balance I usually found my mistake but that was annoying. I won't have to wear glasses for distance things if I won't be reading stuff... but these will have both so I will be more comfortable.

DH has the same problem and he won't wear glasses unless he picks up his pair to read...often he comes to me to read something and then I have to go hunt mine. I think this will be better.

Annoyed to hear a message on the phone from former customer who had us price something out..and I thought she had decided no...but here she is again... and it's a big project. DH talked to someone Sunday who told him that he'd retired too early and was out of money. So DH told me that's why he decided to keep on working. :evil: :twisted: :x I pointed out the differences between him and this guy (who I didn't like anyway)... he's latched onto this as a reason to not quit. I am seeing red.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:02 am

No idea of what is for supper until I go buy it.
My dilemma as well, Cathy. Think I'll go after lunch.

According to my fit bit I got 10 hours & 17 minutes sleep last night/this morning. Think I believe it. I was still sleepy when I finally got up. I'm just now finishing breakfast and sipping my coffee.

Have pupa a little bit here this morning. Think I'll go out on the deck and enjoy by wonderful new rocker -dh gave it to me yesterday for our anniversary (later this month). We don't necessarily buy gifts but he tried one at our neighbors's yesterday & asked them where they got it. They told him they were going by that particular store later & would pick one up. I put one of our small foldable tray tables next to it and I can sit out there and watch the world go by. Could sit at our table on the far end of the deck but this is nicer.

DD and DS-R finished our steps yesterday. He has to come back today to put the hand railing on the left side though. The one on the right was still ok. The steps feel so nice & sturdy! He's a great carpenter -always has been. He recently made them a new deck table, made with two wine barrels & then glass inserts on the top. They could easily sit 12. They bought 24" stools to go around it. She had left a 'negative' comment as 2 were dented when they arrived. The guy in an effort to change her comment said he'd replace them and not to send the other ones back. The box arrived Saturday & it's way too heavy for only 2 stools. So they figure there's 4 in there -all have to be put together. So now they'll also have seating for 12. :D
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:07 am

just a quick hi - sorry I wish I had more time!!!
hello d twins, hello d harmony, hello d cathy, hello d lady, hello d dee!

I cleaned out my car (except for things for cleaners) and went and got a good car wash and vacuum. done.
flipped laundry
put away laundry
trying to be kind to me as I am thinking too big and am expecting way too much from me. (when I think too fast; I know I am in trouble ;) :D ).
discussion on this was on Kats last night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbTivPgFAVY at 4:31 time.
trying to do a step by step. (maybe I am thinking too much bc I am afraid of this dr. appointment. think - get it over with.

Return to “Post When You Can”