Take the time - today is a new day - PWYC Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Take the time - today is a new day - PWYC Tuesday

Postby CathyS » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:20 pm

Current plan for supper is a bucket of wings from Costco. That will be for dh. I don't know what I'll get. I do have to pick up cat food so Missy can eat.

It's starting to rain here.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:13 pm

No idea for supper. I'm starving now because my food is off schedule.

Last night went well but tiring. Then only 6.5 hours sleep and back at it. Bed around 11:30. Up at 12:40 to take dgs potty. Awake at 2:30 because he was crying for me. He crawled in between us and slept restlessly until 6:30.

We made cornbread, blew bubbles on the balcony while it baked, had breakfast, got dressed, and then did crafts until Mommy woke up around 10.

She had an errand to run so did that while I mad lunch. That was not on my plan and while I had chicken nuggets for dgs, I didn't have anything for her.

I had not had my breakfast yogurt so had chicken nuggets and cut veggies. But because my day's food is out of order, I'm starving.

We made it to hair cuts with a bit of time to spare. Dd can't load the car by herself with the kids. So we were later leaving but caught a bus immediately.

I am having time to myself now.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:27 pm

Blessed - I hope your dentist appt goes smoothly. I tend to overthink things too.

I've grown fond of the way we are doing menu planning. There are always several proteins, carbs, fats, and vegetables ready to eat to choose from. Everyone can pick what they want from each category. Every morning I check the tubs in the refrigerator to make sure there are plenty of servings available in each category. I cook whatever is needed to restock that category and then I'm done cooking for the day. I do have to monitor to make sure items don't stay too long, but that is rarely a problem here.

Next up -
** Vegetable garden
** Swimming pool
** Kids cards
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:13 pm

Waving hello to everyone!!!
I am sooo sooo glad that (so far) my computer problems have not affected my ability to get online!
I spent another three hours with local computer guy last night, him doing remote access to my computer, and he agrees that I need to uninstall/reinstall Office. DS is going to bring me his CD for this in just a bit. His version is a much older one, he said he's had it since college, 2002 :!: but he just recently installed it on ddil's laptop, so he thinks it is working fine. I certainly don't need the latest and greatest, and don't even really want to have to learn anything new, LOL -- just let me work with a simple form of Word and Excel, PLEASE.
OTOH... computer tech says apparently my external hard drive (My Passport) is "fried." And apparently, the computer needs SOMETHING from that disk to be able to do the desktop and taskbar icons. :?: So I don't know where we'll end up after the re-install of Office. Is there an online version of Windows that can be downloaded?
Computer tech also says I (we, he is agreeable to help) can make a system restore disc, and that will help me keep from losing some of my stuff in the worst case scenario here.

Honestly, he might as well be speaking a foreign language, but he is a former student and friend of my dbro's and he is being very nice about all this. I don't know how much he is going to charge for the online assistance, but at least I've had the use of my computer for the internet during all this.

Last night at the ballgame, 1st, dh managed to keep his big mouth shut (for the most part) and 2nd, dgs got a homerun! LOL -- it was really a single and a 3-run error, if a real bookkeeper were scoring it, :lol: AND dgs is pretty sure the 2nd baseman tagged him out :roll: but hey, we'll take it!
OTOH, dgs still spent his entire time in the field kicking up dirt, twirling around, squatting down to mark balls and strikes in the dirt, and talking to the umpire and the other team's first base coach. (DGS was playing, loosely, right field, which gets a LOT less action in a t-ball game than short stop. When dgs played SS the other night, he did a GREAT job for the first two innings, and we have no idea why the coach moved him back to RF, but it is what it is, and at RF, dgs is writing in the dirt while a ball is hit directly in front of him and a wild 3-man scramble for it takes place not two feet away, with him totally oblivious.) :roll: I'm like: :| :roll: :lol: :| And dh is like: :evil: :o :shock: :cry:

I must do laundry today, and work on this computer some more, and cook supper. Plus t-ball at 7:00 pm again.
:!: Supper :!: Last night I did oven-baked pork chops with no-salt Cajun seasoning. Oh my -- they were soooo good!!! EXCEPT, I over-cooked them a bit and they were a little too well-done. But my goodness, the taste was sooo good. So nice to have a change in our menu. Must call daunt and thank her for the suggestion.
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:49 pm

Lucylee, I use Office 365 Personal for $70 year. It updates regularly and if it gets corrupted I can get rid of it and reinstall. It's also 6.99/month. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/offic ... verviewtab
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:21 pm

I'm home.

I have what might be the best hair style of my life. We talked a bit before hand and I explained how one side was perfect and the other wasn't and he went way shorter than ever before to get the second side to match the first. It looks fabulous!

On the way home we picked up the paperwork we needed for the food truck event and emailed it from the grocery store to the manager. Did the groceries and popped in on the way home to make sure we were good to go. We are.

Since getting home, frozen things are in the freezer, I've eaten a major snack (hard boiled eggs) and I've added the notice about the food truck to both the facebook group and membership list.

One thing I've learned in the last while is I still can only process one thing at a time. So I'm exhausted from processing so much in the past few weeks. It came to a head today with the rush out the door to the hair cuts and my brain just not processing fast enough. I forgot my pedometer which really upset me since it was a high walking day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:27 pm

Kathryn, yesterday M and I were talking about how we can only process hearing one thing at a time. We had asked the restaurant to turn down the music a bit. Recently while I was on the phone with dd, dh tried to tell me some thing, then got upset when I didn't hear him at all. He said "You looked right at me when I was talking" and for him that was verification that I heard and understood. M often asks me to turn down the radio in the car when it's at an ok level for me.

I'm down the rabbit hole.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:24 pm

Hello for a sec!
I just got home from laundry mat - I still have to put the covers on in the house.

see you all soon!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:47 pm

Homeschool lessons with DS10 went smoothly today. He did get a lesson in reading & following directions. **snicker** He was totally stressed out trying to complete all the steps in 3 minutes. I felt a tiny bit evil watching him work so hard on all the steps. Hopefully, this experience will be beneficial in future lessons. I'm not ready to think that we are back into the learning groove yet, but it sure beats yesterday yucky start.

We are having what the weather people call "Popcorn Storms". The storms are popping up with no warning and contain lightning. So I have the kids inside until these storms pass.

I am always monitoring multiple noise sources. Everyone has their own screens that make noise. DS10 and DGD8 talk most of the day....even when they are the only one in a room by themselves! DGS22 hates riding in a vehicle with kids because he says they are too noisy. He will express his frustration at the noise and looks at me in astonishment when I ask "What noise?" If they are just talking to each other then I don't actively listen. I just monitor the tone of their voices.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:49 pm

Thanks, Twins! That is not a bad price, so if I have to go for a new Office thing completely, I will try it.
In the midst of all this, I actually found my "product key card" for Office 2010 -- don't know if they will still accept that or not, but at least I have made a bit of progress. (DS also helped me sort out a bunch of junk stuff that he agreed could be tossed in the garbage! I've got stuff from the old Gateway computer we had before we bought this one, which I think was in 2012!)
DS came over and backed up all my documents and photos to a hard drive of his, and I will be back online with the tech tonight to make do a factory reset. If that doesn't get Windows back operating properly, I don't know what we'll do. I guess I could live without being able to put shortcuts on the desktop, but it is certainly annoying.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”