Take the time - today is a new day - PWYC Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Take the time - today is a new day - PWYC Tuesday

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:18 pm

LucyLee - You are making good progress. I'm sure you have already done this but just in case...
Right click on the desktop
View ->
Make sure "Show desktop icons" is checked.

If you don't have the Office 10 CD, you can still download Office 10 here and use your product key. (scroll to the bottom of the webpage page to find the link to directly download it) It is being supported until 2020.

I've fed the kids dinner. I'm not very hungry so am just snacking on vegetables.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:38 pm

Tuesday was a headache time, possibly from hauling my stuff home from town on Monday. Its an old neck injury that plays up with what I consider 'weighty' stuff. Plus some different food eaten Sunday and Monday where I was not across all the ingredients. The wrong food causes muscle tension held in my neck, going on to migraine response from head to 'tail' reaction was present too. Anyway. Antihistamine plus took the time out on Tuesday to fall asleep when I could while reading. it seems too have helped but I need to take care today as its not completely settled.
(Sunday I'd gotten to bed with 10 as the first bit, slept till 2. It was 2.15 when I gave up to see if it was close to 6.) that was it for the night. Fell asleep when I got home on Monday.
bins got out on Tuesday.

real rain of the more than enough variety is expected to start tomorrow so I am pushing the washing thru atm.
Anything that goes on the edge of the veranda line will be on hangers to come indoors whether or not its dry before close of warmer bit of today.
Also on todays agenda is tai chi. I need the 9.45 bus. And remember to take time out of the class if needed.
breakfast is eaten. dishes are done. Next is hanging out the washing.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:48 pm

Hi everyone! This is shaping up to be a short week. In addition to Thursday's holiday and the Friday day off, yesterday and today has been devoted to my car. I lost 3 hours work time yesterday taking my car in for new trailer hitch, trailer brake module, and sway bars. All good there, but the technician alerted me to low brake fluid and said I probably needed a brake job. (The RV place does not do that work, he was not trying to scam me out of more money). Found a brake place and got it done, but lost another 4 hours.

I have a long list of things to do, but want to thank lucylee for reminding me it is backup time. DD17 is not coming tonight, she will be with me 4 days and the x wanted the time with her. Speaking of the x, the money I thought I had transferred to him in April has been refunded to my account, so I have to give him a replacement check. Not a problem, because in my register the money is already listed as gone, so it never got spent. I will be retrieving Briggs tonight because the cat coordinator is leaving town. I am not looking forward to seeing his deterioration - he was a healthy 12 pound cat and is now a 6.5 pound unhealthy cat. I was worried about his care during my Mobile trip at the end of the month. I don't think it will be an issue, I think he will be gone by then. Coordinator wants to try a steroid treatment. I will try it because he will FEEL better even if it doesn't fix the underlying problem.

Camping with DD17 was fun, but we are both looking forward to the camper. She was sore from sleeping on the hard ground. We both enjoyed seeing the wolves and wolf-dogs at the sanctuary on Saturday. We did NOT like the noseeums at the campground, which were not put off by bug spray. I am covered in bites that are becoming oozy welts. I am living off hydrocortisone cream and Benedryl. Sunday, we did a one mile hike over a lava field, which DD found to be too hot, but I enjoyed. Then we took a very short easy trail to La Ventana Arch. Of course, I have not finished putting all the camping supplies away. My kitchen looks like a shed right now.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:51 pm

praying your headache goes away d lynlee !!

d elizabeth so happy camping with your dd was fun.

I spaced out for a bit but want to finish my routines. ;)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:55 pm

Because I was out and I had a tank full of gas, I drove to Niagara Falls to buy myself supper. I will be having "Bun" which is a Vietnamese dish. The one I get has vermicelli noodles, carrots, cucumbers, shredded lettuce, crushed, roasted peanuts, grilled pork pieces and a spring roll on top.

After I left there, I stopped at the Costco in St. Catharines and picked up 30 chicken wings for dh. Stopped for some groceries and cat food.

With supper for all three of us, I got home just before dh.

After we watched most of the news we went and got a nicely discounted container of annuals with some grassy looking spikes in the middle to go into the last large planter. I got 3 small traditional red geraniums to go in the terra cotta planter the is between the woodpile and the door of the shed. They were 3 for $10, so a total of $20 spent for the last of the flowers for the garden for this year. (Hopefully)

It has been trying to rain all day, but nothing that needs more than one swipe of the wipers.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:47 pm

Off to bed now. I wanted to go at 7 but was too tired to get going!

Between my last post and supper, I put on the radio in the bedroom and got that returned to rights.

Then I put the radio on in the living room and did the same thing. The balconies were cleared off before we went out (in case the weather turned - there were toys strewn all over them but it was lovely to use it as a play space since the train set, in particular, makes moving around with the baby a bit of a mine field.)

Finally dh was ready to begin dinner at 5:30 so we started the pizzas (one at a time) in the toaster oven and worked on the kitchen. I had done that hand washing and run the dishwasher after breakfast but dh had his breakfast after dgs and I did the dishes. Then I had the unexpected lunch and so I had the prep and cleanup to do from that since we flew out the door as fast as possible after dgs stopped eating (actually we stopped him, he's a slow eater so dd often gives him a 5 minute warning.)

So while the pizzas cooked the dish rack and dishwasher were emptied, the lunch dishes loaded and the kitchen somewhat tidied. I'll have to do a weekly clean tomorrow and wash the floor too.

We watched another episode of Mrs. Maizle and then I just zoned out for the next 90 minutes.

Dh washed up the dishes (he hadn't seen me loading the dishwasher so he had the dinner dishes to do) and now he's on a conference call. I'm useless, there's nothing I can concentrate on, so I'm off to bed.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:30 pm

Blessed, I followed your link and got sucked into the next 2 videos which came up. :shock: Very fun watching, but I don't know how long I was there watching stuff! :lol:

Lucylee, I'm glad you are getting things sorted bit by bit with your computer. We still have the old XP in a box on top of the bookcase. I need to kill the old hard drive before I do anything with that...too much info on that for sure.

Picked up my glasses today. Vision is sharper, but the glasses are more annoying on my nose than the little readers were. I thought with the sharper vision that might overcome some of the floater annoyance I'm having...and no glare lenses might help with the light thing I have now...but none of that actually helped. Only thing now is I can look up and not get a tension headache from looking at wrong lens at a distance. So that's something...but this much money thrown at a problem to not fix it is a bit disappointing.

I got myself some dinner on the way home. Just went crazy and ate all sorts of calories. It didn't help the problem, my eyes and glasses are still the same. Sigh... and when I got home I had to take a nap from all the food in my tummy. I should know better. I DO know better. It's just hard.

LadyM, I did read about your floaters. I can only hope in time my brain learns how to ignore it like yours did, but I'm sorry to read how long it took you.

I'm still toying with the idea of getting a second opinion about what shape my eyes are in. Several things they could have told me all along they never did until it became necessary. If I had a 3rd eye to do I would go to another place. Now there's a funny thought. :lol:

Return to “Post When You Can”