What haven't you done lately Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: What haven't you done lately Wednesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:59 pm

Off the treadmill, and have drunk all my water for the day.

Filled in MyFitnessPal (was 300 calories over for the day.)

I'm off to bed now.

See you in the morning. Although I expect it will be a quiet day for the Village as you all focus on family and community events.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:02 pm

Finally back home from a day of running errands in alternating heat/humidity and drizzle. I look and feel like a limp rag.

I picked up a couple things for my trip next month - smaller size makeup sponges and a mascara to try.
I found replacements for worn out summer socks and a very old black Tshirt. The replacement Tshirt was on clearance sale and is a more stylish version than the old one, so that worked out well.

I stopped at a new Aldi in TheBigCity. I had planned on doing a big stock up to fill the freezer and pantry, but the store layout and signage were so bad that I got frustrated and fell back on only getting what we need to get us through until next week. The parking lot was also awful; in fact, I think it's dangerous. I won't say I'll never go to that location again, but I will try very hard not to go there. Yuck.

Here is my review of what my favorite clothing store called "knit jeans." First, I think "knit jeans" is a contradiction of terms so I was a bit skeptical when I bought them, but they were comfortable when I tried them on in the store. I hoped they would work for my trip because they would probably roll up nicely in a suitcase. Now that I've worn them several times, I still think they are very comfortable to wear. Unfortunately, that comfort comes at the trade-off of appearance that starts off ok but becomes more casual by the end of the day. Not quite sloppy, but not nice enough to wear on my trip where I'll be attending meetings and classes, nor to a family party. I'll gladly wear these at home for doing chores, and stick to my jeans for going out in public.

I wish I could find another pair of summer weight jeans. The ones I have are several years old. I don't know if my timing has been off in searching the store this year, or if they just don't make them any more. :(

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:26 pm

Oh another thing - this morning I researched about renewing my driver's license and upgrading it to the kind of ID that may be needed to fly or enter a federal building after October 1, 2020. I think I renewed my license online last time so I am required to go in person this time. The nearest office to do that is half an hour away. I figure if I have to drive that far and wait in line anyway, I might as well take along the extra documents to do the upgrade. There are more documents needed than I expected.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:54 pm

BookSaver, I purchased a "knit jeans" pair and my initial impression is that it will only be for cold or at least cool weather wear. Somewhat thick fabric, and a harsher feel than I expected. Still, no reason to exchange it, just set it aside for later. While trying them on I didn't notice anything visually different from other jeans. Interesting to hear your impressions.

We rushed to accomplish what drs wanted this afternoon, but there are no updates as of now. i have no idea that anyone will be working on the 4th so we may have hurried only to just miss any bottom-line info.

Harmony, it will be a replanting project of saplings and perhaps some portions allowed to regrow naturally.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:16 pm

Book - Look for woven cotton trousers. There may be some with or without elastine in the mix. I also have some in linen for summer. Polycotton would be a more likely find, if you don't mind the poly in the mix.
Rayon/viscose is another lightweight fabric I use.
Of course, these don't look like jeans.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:37 am

I know it makes no sense for me to be up. I was so zonked I fell asleep at 8, though, slept 2 hours (?) and then there was a called-in prescription for HRH at pharmacy, so I went out and picked that up at their drive-through. I would just rather have that here and available beginning at 11 at night rather than go without until early a.m. or whatever. This is for pain - someone's different idea. Don't know when/what he'll need so now it's here.

Through all this, we are truly blessed that his urine is clear. I suppose that is TMI. But lower back pain makes everyone in the family worry about the kidneys, of course. No blood in urine suggests general kidney well-being plus no kidney stones are forming from slip-ups in diet, etc. With continuously clear urine the calmer diagnosis of (severe) muscular pain keeps seeming right. He will actually call me to the bathroom to point at the clear color to prove it to me. (I admit I am a nagging and hovering caregiver. If water were a street-illegal drug, I would be considered a pusher.)

Anyway, now I'm up. :shock: But he's sound asleep. lol. I will get some chores done in other rooms, maybe. Can't exactly vacuum at this hour and wake him and pretend that was wise, hmmm?

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:41 am

What haven’t I done lately?
Sleep.
Y’all, we were on that **^#{{#€*¥{#%* computer LITERALLY all night long. This is a sign of the level of insanity in our household, but in the interest of full disclosure, yesterday ds came over and saved my documents and pictures.
Then after supper and t-ball, I had to wait an hour or more for the tech guy to get back online.
From about 10:00 pm till a little after midnight, he talked me through making back-up/restore discs.
Ds came over around 10:00 and stayed to help make sure I could back online after all the stuff reloaded.
Ds left around 1:00 am, with me still online with the second aol tech, because our internet connection was so slow we had lost the first one.
I don’t know what time we finally got aol and chrome back, but THEN the real fun began...
Dh was VERY frustrated that all his chrome favorites disappeared, and I had not even taken a picture of them...

So — with that ridiculously slow connection, it was 6:00 am when we finally got all his stuff back.

We watched the Beverly Hillbillies at 6:00 am and went to sleep.

Sheesh.

Then I got up at 11:00 and spent today IRONING and watching dgrands for a few hours this afternoon.

I’m kinda running on adrenaline right now, but — whew — I bet I sleep good tonight.

Now — something else I haven’t done lately... cuop...
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”