What haven't you done lately Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

What haven't you done lately Wednesday

Postby CathyS » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:53 am

Sit for a few moments if you have the time and think about what you haven't done lately? Can you remember the last time you cleaned out the junk drawer in your kitchen? How about the fridge? Maybe you have a list with something that never gets crossed off.

Do you have time to do "that" forgotten thing today?
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

CathyS

Re: What haven't you done lately Wednesday

Postby CathyS » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:59 am

Hi!

It's an overcast and humid day today. Not a day that I want to spend a lot of energy doing anything.

I think we will have spaghetti tonight. Maybe. Dh will most likely say let's not heat up the house. So that ground meat may become hamburgers. I bought onion buns yesterday. ... hmmm.... I think we might have hamburgers. I have some mushrooms that need to be cooked and some cole slaw that needs to be mixed with some mayo. I will run it past dh at lunch time.

My forgotten job is the inside of my fridge. There aren't any science projects lurking in bowls, so I don't know what the source of the slight odor is. I need to investigate.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:06 am

hi d cathy - waving at you and everyone.
I have to head out soon (but should be back to say hello) I am taking d mom to her dentist.

Have a lovely day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:44 am

I have an appt for bodywork this a.m. at 10 and then a rescheduled dog appt at vet for 3:30 this afternoon.

Gotta get moving!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:58 am

Harmony, I too was hoping you would come in and say the new glasses helped with a lot. I'm glad they help with some. I'd definitely let that woman know she surprised you greatly about the new project. She shouldn't just stop communicating and then come back with an unexpected response. She's not only suggesting a new project, she's suggesting changing your plans (life?) overall. So not having good communication early on would be a red flag. I'd be wondering if something fell through with another builder and why.

Lynlee, I hope all these symptoms ease, 'specially migraine.

Elizabeth, that many insect bites can really affect you. Yes, the insects will be another reason the camper will be so much better. I am sad to hear that Briggs is feeling so weakened. I remember there was doubt about his age - has any vet given an opinion on his likely age yet?

blessed, I wish I could pick out a single answer for the topic today! But I have to say lots of things would fit! Will just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

The group that meets for lunch is going to a pizza place today. Wow, do I ever NOT need to do that. Kinda too bad because I'd like to hear about a meeting last night which may have held a bunch of answers for questions we have about church.

HRH was having side effects of the reduction of meds (extreme lower back pain, probably from combination of changes in diuretics and steroids). So dr put him on pain reliever which is now causing all-over itching. Sigh. So he's now officially having side effects of the meds that are for side effects of the meds that are for side effects of his treatments. A long road to normal.

Skunk smell outside, though it doesn't seem very close. I suppose the loggers are making friends :| as they go along.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:16 am

I'm focusing on my TheMe System Journal. This is the new journal I got from Cortex (a productivity podcast.)

I'd provide a link but it isn't worth distracting you guys over this. The journal is unremarkable and has three distinct sections. But there is nothing to tell you what to do with the layout in each section. The podcast is no help. I've spent hours relistening and still have no idea what is expected.

Of course, my perfection instinct is making it hard to make a mark in the book. I don't want to do it wrong. Or worse, I don't want to waste more time on this crap when time is at a premium.

I'm one of few hundred who managed to score one of these and our feedback is being used to refine the journal. So that means there's an implied expectation that I start using it now. Because they sold out so fast (within moments of the release of the podcast discussing this product), there is also the worry I won't be able to get another should I accidentally set up something I really want to use indefinitely. The journal is designed to last 90 days. Or at least I think it is because there's 90 of the main logging pages and they did talk about this as being something for a quarter or season.

Anyway, that has taken the bulk of my attention this morning. I've been taking time over the past few days to make notes and today I wrote in my themes. That's another complaint, I don't understand having four themes for a quarter. Originally, this podcast has been promoting setting up a theme for the year. Just lately it has been a theme for a season or quarter. But they've never talked about multiple themes and at one point does a theme become a goal?

Grumble, grumble....

Aside from that, I went to bed early so had 9 hours of much needed rest. Was up and did stretches and was dressed and the bedroom tidied by 8.

Tea and chocolate morphed into work on the TheMe system. Time tracking is part of that so I updated my time tracker on my phone. Food tracking is part of my theme for this quarter so I also updated that.

I've just finished breakfast so will go brush teeth and then finish my work on this system for the day. I have a busy day ahead and need to get out walking for an errand.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:49 am

Made the 2 phone calls that I had to make today.

Still haven't cleaned out the fridge.

Washed a heavy blanket this morning and the dryer finished quite some time ago.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:42 am

I need to kill the old hard drive before I do anything with that...too much info on that for sure.
This brought back memories from my years of IT security training. There is no way to secure information on a hard drive other than totally destroying it (fire). Removing the hard drive from the computer is relatively easy & quick. Remove a few screws and cables and it comes right out. I always remove the hard drives from my old computers before donating the rest of the components.

I'm taking a down day (as much as possible). I'm binge watching Madam Secretary Season 5. Some people go on vacations…..I take down days and binge watch shows that I enjoy. Even on down days, I will still be doing daily things…..and homeschooling…..and child care….and taking DGD8 to her book club meeting….and to church. But every other moment is devoted to feet up & binge watching MS.

Breakfast has been served - pancakes, scrambled eggs and bacon. The kids are doing their morning cards.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:56 am

Kathryn, did a quick google search, it comes up as the Theme System Journal? My Best Self planner is also 90 days and one is supposed to develop three or under goals to work toward. I'd like to get back to using it that way but for now I'm just entering the date, appts, and to dos. Sometimes I write the morning and evening gratitudes and/or goals and three focuses for the days. There's also a place for lessons learned and wins, i.e. ta dahs but I'm not consistent. Dh turned over a page and started a new one for today with a goodbye note and request to p/u his scripts, otherwise, I probably could have re-titled yesterday's page, which I already re-titled from Monday.

Speaking of appts, I had entered my body work at 10 today on my calendar. When I showed up, S turned white thinking he had scheduled two of us at 10, but when I consulted my handy journal, I had written down 12:30 for today, which is what he also had written down. I like to get there at 10 to get the day started early so assumed that was the correct time. I'm going back at 12:30, and went ahead and got some groceries (in the outside refrigerator for now) and picked up scripts for both me and dh.

Hummmmm, I might ask the vet this afternoon about something to give Muffin the next couple of days when we have fireworks going all the time...

I finished a.m. routine except for giving Muffin a decent walk, but it's too humid/hot right now.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:11 pm

Cathy and blessed - apologies for getting you two mixed up. Sigh. I am too busy.

The sitch with HRH's pain and side effects keeps changing. We go in an hour for an appt again. They are hurrying because of holiday coming up. Phone is lighting up. So completely distracted from the house again.

Must contact dd at school because she needs to know. She leaves after a while on a trip over the holiday weekend and we may miss getting to say goodbye. Double sigh.

Return to “Post When You Can”