Thursday's Independence Day PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Thursday's Independence Day PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:34 pm

we had a lovely time at the parade and picnic!
we met dd younger at the sailing centre (she left her car there), and I was able to meet old friends; which was what I was missing.
dh even came with but he couldn't stay outside long but that was okay because we were able to visit for 20 minutes or so. the lake was beautiful!
Just what I needed.

we all drove to the parade and picnic - lots of fun.
we dropped dd younger off again at centre where she is watching the fireworks.
we came home about a half hour ago.

dh had a couple moments I am worried about; which I will mention to his dr. He doesn't think it was a big deal but it worried me.

I wish I could be on the beach right now watching the fire works but I have to admit It was very important to be with dh.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Re: Thursday's Independence Day PWYC

Postby lucylee » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:09 am

LadyM, I’m a fireworks Scrooge too! I LOVE to watch big public displays, I guess because of some of my early childhood and teen memories of the displays at ddad’s company picnics — BUT — I am extremely nervous around amateur productions, ie. dbil and dnephew, dcousin’s, etc. Ugh. I used to hate it when they wanted to start that. Thankfully, either they have outgrown this phase, or since dsisil left, we just don’t celebrate with them anymore.

We had a nice time at the public display nearby, and traffic was surprisingly better than last year.

Hope you all have a good night!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”