Thursday's Independence Day PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Thursday's Independence Day PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:44 am

I'm supposing you all will be busy with celebrations of some sort or taking well deserved breaks.

Cathy, Lynlee and I will be here waiting to hear about your days.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Thursday's Independence Day PWYC

Postby Nancy » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:51 am

K in C I googled focus planner system a vid by rightly T V had one titled how I use the full focus planner. (9 min. long )
Top three daily tasks with time blockin and top 3 weekly tasks was what I gleaned from it.

Regular day here. I am up on time bs is good. I am off to do a couple dailies befoe I paint a wooden trash can. Then walk the dog.h. works today & tomorrow..I have been using the card file thread to focus.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:59 am

I've starting setting up my new computer. My last computer, everything sync'd over nicely. According to the website I just read (Win10 for Dummies) I have to upgrade my existing computer to Win10 in order to transfer over my files.

Uhmmmm... no.

The whole reason I never upgraded for free was because Win10 has issues and I would never take a functioning computer and 'upgrade' it to an unstable operating system.

Not only that, another migration article was talking about how to migrate your business to Win10 and he said he wouldn't comment on the quality of Win10, suffice to say he gets a hard crash every 48 hours. This article was written in December (more than enough time for Microsoft to make the OS more stable) but also points out, you have no choice; support for Win7 is expiring in January 2020. So I had to upgrade, I had no choice.

So, today may be a frustrating day for me.

I've started the new computer and am working my way through the set up. No, I don't want my computer listening all the time. No, I don't want it sending all my keystrokes to Microsoft to help 'improve' the interface. No, I don't want my location to be sent to Microsoft at all time. No I don't want you to analyse every website I visit so that I'll get more relevant ads. These aren't browser settings, this is the computer itself. The recommendation is that all activity I do with my computer be sent to Microsoft at all times. Uhmmm, no.

I think the word "no" is going to be the theme of my day.

I'm up, bedroom tidied, s2s, did stretches, have had 2 glasses of water and am now having my tea and chocolate in an attempt to remain calm.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:04 am

Hi!

Garbage and recycling are out. I have a small bag of hazardous materials in the back of the car. I will take them to the HazMat drop off today. I also have a bag full of empty beer cans that I will take back to the beer store at some point today. I have a list of stuff I need from the dollar store as well. I also have a bag of donations for a local thrift store that is near the landfill where the HazMat drop off is. As we say around here, it's up the hill. (Also know as being on top of the escarpment.) I also want to donate some books to the local senior's centre PLUS I have a bag with hardcovers in it for my resale book guy in Niagara Falls. I will most likely go there tomorrow.

Tonight's supper will be BBQed pork chops and the fresh peas that dh picked from the garden last night. We used up the water in the rain barrels last night to give everything a good watering. It didn't rain over night and it's another hot day today.

On top of all that, I also have the Craft Guild at 10:30.

Thinking of Kathryn and LucyLee as they both deal with computer issues today.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:17 am

Nancy: you are up early!

I think the problem Cortex has with this new journal is they are ignoring there are 1000s of other planner/journal systems out there and each of those comes with instructions. If you are trying to choose something, why would anyone buy something that is a mystery? In my case, I wanted to buy something from the Podcast, so that has been done and I won't buy another. But they think they are selling a 'system.' Yet they are not defining the system. The logic behind that completely escapes me.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:20 am

Hi Cathy!

I'm making progress. I'm posting this from the new computer. So I've downloaded a Chrome Browser, plus Last Pass and then signed into my google account and am now up on the internet with everything looking normal.

Which makes me wonder why Lucylee lost her bookmarks. Those are usually store in the browser but maybe it is different for google accounts and chrome. Everything is sync'd for me (my browser activity on my computer is also shown on my phone and tablet.)

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:26 am

it's a regular day here with normal activities until the sun starts going down. We will gather at the park this evening at dusk to set off individual fireworks. Our little towns big firework show is on Saturday at dusk. All the fireworks I bought don't use an ignition (no fire) so the kids can do them without bodily harm and not much noise. There is clean up required afterward.

DS10 is feeling the consequences of not doing what he said. He was supposed to be going to the splash pad but instead, he went to a friends house. What he did would have been fine if he checked in first. Life Lessons are being learned. When he gives me his word he is doing something then he has to follow through or make different arraignments. So, he has lost the privilege of going places on his own as a consequence. No time has been set when he can regain the privilege. It is dependent on attitude instead of a time span.

I've got the oven going before it gets too hot today. It's loaded with biscuits for breakfast and meatballs for later meals.

next up -
** Personal AM
** Drink & Food Prep
** Swim pool
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:39 am

I was up at 7:45ish and had had enough sleep. I had a weird day yesterday because I was nauseated in varying degrees from about 1:30 on. When I came home from my body work, I thought I was hungry so I ate something right away, but that seemed to make it worse. I laid down until dMuffin's 3:30 vet appt and that took 1.5 hours - I was surprised they had so many people in late afternoon on July 3. Then I dropped her at home and went to pick up script for her for fireworks at CVS. Back home I just felt lousy and laid down again and napped off and on until about 8 p.m. Although, I was worrying also about food poisoning because of refrigerator not being cold enough, so I got up periodically and transferred things to garage refrigerator. About 8 or so I was up and took Muff out for a potty break and sat outside, and did some reading and finally ate some melted cheese on toast and it tasted good. I can't figure out what was going on - I had breakfast smoothie at 9:30 yesterday morning - the milk or yogurt could have been bad but I think I would have had symptoms before 1:30...

So I slept well - took a benydryl too because of stuffy nose. And night before last I took a.m. meds in the p.m. so I hadn't slept well, and then took a.m. meds again in the morning yesterday.

Anyway, dh is still out of town today and I am having a quiet day. I'm thinking right now I'm not even going up to the 4th of July lunch at the pool.

I already walked the dog, want to stay out of the heat. She didn't get a walk last night, I gave her the anxiety meds about 6:30 (vet suggested a couple of hours before stressville event) and she didn't ask.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:09 am

Hello and happy 4th of July!

d kathryn praying that today is not frustrating for you!
and thank for starting us today sweet kathryn!

good morning d nancy!
good morning d cathy!
life lessons a good thing.(I need them myself) good morning d lady!
good morning d twins! I am waving at you too!

waving at everyone!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:14 am

I had a horrible headache and sore throat all night to this morning. I took tylenol and I am praying that the headache stays away.
I won't be with d mom today as we are going to another party. (keeping fingers crossed that my headache stays in check bc dh won't go unless I do - I want him to be able to go). dd younger is home! dd older is home! loving them being home.

I have to believe in myself this morning - I have to believe I won't over goal or stress myself out while I make the salads, fruit and bbq stuff
I really have to believe in myself or I freak out and panic; which means getting nothing done.

off to grab my timer. break things down! panic stops the process. (thinking too much and panicking I won't get it done... will it be that important if it doesn't).

Peace to all!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”