Thursday's Independence Day PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Thursday's Independence Day PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:20 am

turning off the computer. ta ta - hope to see you soon!
much love
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:48 am

At the beach with dh. He wanted a swim. The water testing for today isn't posted yet so it's red flag but we haven't had rain so I let him decide. I won't swim in the river at the moment. I can't risk it. Which is hard since we live 2/3 of a mile walk.

After the beach, I'll run errands in the opposite direction from home. I'll take the bus since it is too hot to walk that far today.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:30 am

For us, it will likely be a quiet day. Dd39 and I are emailing through the morning.

Ds and family are at the ocean on a fishing trip, so we are getting photos of happy children they send.

Dd20 was invited along with the young man's family plus uncles, aunts. One uncle still lives in the home town that is the central point for family gatherings, so they enjoy that community's 4th activities.

Haven't heard from dstepson and dstepdil yet, but would expect them to peek in on HRH.

Just finished outdoor chores and expect it to be another hot day. Sunshine, no wind, so that should bode well for anyone who's hoping to enjoy events tonight.

Last evening I also ordered two books from used booksellers - got a great deal on one that's in like new condition.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:30 am

So much for running errands. At least I remembered before I started my walk to the bus. One of the errands is returning a book to the library. The book was still at home.

Dh is showering now and then he has to check email and then he'll walk with me to the bagel shop and we'll have lunch. Then I'll continue on to do my errands (another half mile down the road) and then decide if I'm walking back or not. There's a bus that runs along that road to within 4 blocks of home so for $3.50 I can cut myself some slack.

I'm not is a time crunch, these tasks will take as long as they take.

The same with getting my new computer up and running. I've just learned I can use my Win7 Easy Transfer program after all. I just have install it on the new computer as well since it is not part of Win10. I've read through a step by step and understand all steps so I just have to come up with a large enough external hard drive.

Lucylee: thought - any chance your external hard drive is failing and that's why you started to have problems. Then someone had you do something that wasn't related to the hard drive and added to your troubles?

Also, when I signed into my Microsoft account, one of the options was to download my bookmarks from my old Internet Explorer. That was under settings in the browser. So that option is in both Chrome (for my chrome bookmarks) and Explorer. I haven't done Firefox yet (and that's not set to a specific account so may fail) but there is hope for your bookmarks still.

Harriet: how is HRH feeling today?

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:22 pm

I am leaving behind a filthy kitchen and I don't like it. My greek pasta salad is made for 2 separate places, fruit salad for one, dd's chicken cooked for her to take with.

I could panic but am choosing not to.
time for shower
put foldable chairs in car,
sun screen
drop off my car at sailing centre and uber over to d sil house.
bring tylonel
dh was worried that I would not go. so keeping fingers crossed that my headache stays away.

take care all..
wishing I could say hello individually.
wishing you all the best!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:34 pm

(((Blessed)))) sending calm and happy thoughts to you.

Those 3 categories are accomplished. I cut up the cucumbers and have them ready to eat. I decided to saute the squashes. I like summer squash cooked using any method so I try to vary the cooking style.

I opened up the big pack of fireworks and divided them up equally between the kids. I am a tiny bit frustrated to see that some of them do have fuses. I thought I bought a different type of package. OH well.... I used pool noodles in different colors on the handle of 5 gallon bucket so the kids know which bucket of fireworks belong to them. Those are ready to be taken to the park tonight.

DGD8 mouth is hurting from molars coming in on both sides of her mouth. I've given her some children pain meds.

Next up -
** Homeschool
** Kitchen
** Bathroom
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:09 pm

H had to work. I have walked the ddog.
I have the top of another stool nearly ready for antiquing.
I need to spiff the bathrooms.
Warching holiday decor ideas.
I did some weeding
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:13 pm

a little heartbroken - I thought this was going to be the first time I could see fireworks at the beach in over 10 years - but dd older is exhausted and is staying home and no one can drive dh back than me. he won't drive himself even though I know he can. oh well. that is little stuff.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:16 pm

Awful lot of computer problems going on in our village these days. I gotta say we're doing so well with W10. I was apprehensive about the change and there is still a great deal I don't understand about it..but for our use it's way better than what we had. That's quite a story Lucylee told us last night about hers.

Usual day here. DH out doing some tile work. If he wants we'll go see the fireworks this evening. They are building a big resort down there where we used to park. I don't know if there will be a place to park this year, certainly in the future we'll have to find a new place. I love the fireworks, hate the traffic.

After doing dailies I spent some hours finishing up all this budget work. We have a lot of decisions to make and I needed the info. Wow. Nice to have it set up but the results sure could have been better. Really changes my whole point of view.

I think I'll go to the bank and pharmacy next. Trying to think if there's anything else..nothing comes to mind. Usually that happens after I get back home. :roll:

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:05 pm

Went out this morning and ran most of my errands. Had stomach issues at the Guild, so I left early.

Garbage and recycling have been picked up. Hazardous waste has been dropped off. Donations have also been dropped off.

LadyM you are awesome!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”