Saturday PWYC - Share your moments

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Saturday PWYC - Share your moments

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:48 am

What will your day hold? Work? Play? A little of both?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Re: Saturday PWYC - Share your moments

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:56 am

hello d lady!!!! thank you for starting us this Saturday!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:56 am

time for my dailies.
starting with kitchen (after meds)
off my bahookey time. 8-)
CHEERS!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:14 am

Oy. Muffin has "groomed" herself raw on her rump. DH is going to get her to the vet this time because I'm going to stamp club and then having lunch with dfriend - the one I used to work with. He's not in a happy mood with me because I wanted to go to dfriend M's last night instead of going to temple. I did give him a choice of which one, but he thought we should be doing something together since he had been away. We don't get that many dinner invitations to M's - her dsis and nephew are in town - so I wanted to see her.

So I'm going on to stamp camp this a.m. I've written down a summary for the vet because dh hasn't been doing to to the vet with us, and they are seeing a different vet because our usual one is off today. Poor Muffin has a big pink raw spot.

On top of all that, in continuing saga of refrigerator repair, he is supposed to come this afternoon 2 - 6 I think to hopefully repair it. Then I can move food, et all back inside from garage refrigerator.

This has been a frustrating week. I've tried to stay close to home so I could accommodate the repair and here we are on Saturday afternoon into evening. I'm hoping for a better week next week. Dh is not a happy camper and we had words too.

I'm so tired of being the caregiver, still. I'm weepy again.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:50 am

Take a deep breath, Twins, and just give yourself TIME!

Slept poorly last night and words to dfriend, whose son passed away yesterday so unexpectedly, rolled around in my head for most of the night. Know what it is to lose a child.

Finally got salt potatoes going in the slow cooker. Couldn't figure out how to keep it on (this one's new to me) but finally did. Have it on low for 8 hours. Dh will help me drain them and get the butter on later this afternoon. Figured this was the best large pan I have and cleanup will be easy.

Think I'll put some more ice in my coffee and take a drive over to dd's. Today is the big day here culminating with a huge fireworks display. I'm always glad when this day is over. We'll be at DS-R's from late this afternoon. They have a gorgeous viewing spot.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:13 am

Hello!

When I was waking up, I thought I heard dh say something. After I got up I asked him about it. He said that the milk container exploded when he took it out of the fridge and that "there was milk EVERYWHERE!" There was a little over 1 litre. I'm glad he is mature enough to clean up after things like this himself. His mother sure did a great job of teaching him how to look after himself.

We ate most of that pie yesterday. At supper time, we had it with strawberry ice cream. Because dh got home more than an hour later than usual, we just had the remains of the cold salads and I had a bagel with butter. Then dh had a customer come over, so we were an hour late going to neighbourhood party. It was very boring. I think the presence of a 13 year old girl changed the tone quite a bit. I think dh was the youngest man at 59 and I know for sure that if the young girl hadn't been there, the men would have had a much more interesting conversation.

So..... our new neighbour doesn't like the trains and "all the noise they make". We are on a main CN line with numerous trains that go to the US. Dh said when he heard that he knew that they won't make it here for too long. He thinks they will most likely sell within the next couple of years. Her daughter is 13 and there are no children that age anywhere else within walking distance. She has a pet dog, but it is at her dad's.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:41 am

((((Dee & Twins)))) You both have experienced much grief. It does take time. ((((Gentle hugs))))

I woke up ready to get started on the day so I did. Not gun blazing pace but slow and steady. One thing after another. I sat down not because I was tired but to update my list. It made me smile to see how many things can be accomplished at a consistently steady pace.

Our little town is having its firework show tonight. We are gathering at the fairgrounds for it. It is paid for by donation and the fireworks are done by the volunteer firemen. No personal fireworks are allowed. I am looking forward to this time with friends and family. No humbug firework scrooge attitude expected tonight since I won't have to be dodging errant fireworks. :)

DH has left to do grocery shopping for his DMom then spend some time with her. Yesterday DMIL reclaimed her refrigerator/freezer and demanded that the food that she doesn't eat be removed. DSIL likes junk type food and over the past couple of months brought a lot of it with her when she came to do her shift with DMIL. A little bit of that type of food would be fine with DMIL but there wasn't room for the food that she likes. Now that the refrig/freezer has been cleaned out, DH is shopping from a list that DMIL made. Step by Step DMIL is reclaiming her "normal" life.

I'm thinking of a cauliflower dish. I'm not going to bother finding a recipe but instead, have a little adventure in the kitchen and see what happens. I don't think I ever had a cauliflower dish I didn't like so the chances of success are good.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:57 am

I have been outside picking up sticks after the thunder storm that was very loud that rolled through last night at dusk. More to do I have it picked up and swept into piles. 3 heatd chain saws at 6 ish. Power was out for a lot of folk s we were ok, and had power. There was a grass fire, also a house fire from the lightening. Then it rained.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:11 am

I'm doing a whole house pickup at the moment. It's quiet around here so far today.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:20 am

Back from spending 4 glorious days in the mountains with my friend. Will be going back in a week to help her pack as she is moving back to Boise by the first of Aug. she will be dearly missed.

Folding laundry while watching Wimbledon and drinking my coffee. Then it’s off to spend some times with friends.

Did weekly grocery shopping last night after we ate out.

Cathy...I love being around trains. When I go home to visit my moms I can hear the train whistles blowing at night. It’s one of my favorite sounds. When I was married before my former husband and I spent time chasing trains and going going down in the train yard. Growing up when I was small we lived at the end of the train line. Back then the engines were those huge steam engines. My dad rode them to work every morning and became friends with the engineers. I have movie pictures of me sitting on the engineers lap looking out the window as I blew the horn. He let me ride like that for a hundred feet or more till I had to get off. Did this many times and of course loved it. What little girl wouldn’t :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”