Solving and Resolving on Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Solving and Resolving on Sunday

Postby Harriet » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:43 am

Getting ready for a new week, are there things you will take time to plan and consider, working out your hopes for the week and beyond?

Will you solve some puzzles of scheduling in short- or long-term goals?

Will you resolve to accomplish, commit, or begin anew toward your dreams?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Solving and Resolving on Sunday

Postby Nancy » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:48 am

I am doing the next three things. Example kit. Duty deal with dishes they are in they dishwasher and it is running.
Sweep and mop kitchen floor. Dump trash.
Have gotten a bit behind with the outside activities here we did Sat. And this week.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:37 am

I love that - solving and resolving - thank you dear Harriet!
for me - sorting out the puzzle of scheduling will be in my thoughts.
have a great day d harriet!

hello d nancy! I will cheer you on through your next 3 things rah rah rah

cheering for all of you!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:45 am

I have to water the back first before anything. (also the pansies and put them in dappled shade)
put bleach in the pool

It's a new day!!! love me a new day.

I am really proud of my cousin (he lives near my d brother) - he took care of all the bushes and trees at his dear mom's house - I didn't have to do anything. is that awesome or what!!! so proud of him.

d mom did a lovely job on the fridge. My dd's said they should have video taped her as there were a lot of "Oh my gosh" etc. She worked super hard and I know it's terrible to ask her to clean the fridge but she engulfed it with gusto.
dh wasn't as happy - he never likes any work going on by others (than me lol) or any change in his routine but he did thank her and was very grateful after she finished. (that's dh - he doesn't like the process but likes the wonderful results that make his life easy as well).

time to order d old dogs food and then hit the ground (shuffling) :D :D :D 8-) :D :D timer is willing but my mind is saying -Have another cup of coffee and watch you tube to get inspiration to work ;) 8-)

7:58 check - time to go - I have been up since 6 - where did the time go 8-)

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:25 am

Hi!

It was pouring when I woke up during the night to use the bathroom.

Just now I realized that dh has opened a lot of windows in the house because there is a nice breeze.

Later this morning I am heading to a butter tart festival in Niagara Falls. It opens at 11, so I will leave here at 10:30 and if I need to sit in the car and read for a bit when I get there, I'm fine with that. I don't think dh is going with me. Too many temptations.

No idea what we are having for supper. Maybe BBQ steak.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:05 am

so happy you have a wonderful breeze going through the house d cathy!!!
lovely
oooo butter crust festival - sounds great - have fun!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:07 am

9:05 am (can't believe I have been up for 3 hours already - how does time go by so fast 8-)

dishes emptied - last of the dishes washing
counters cleaned
stove cleaned
sink ---- shiny

time to go through the mail. done.

I had an interesting realization yesterday after d mom cleaned out my fridge (which was horrible) - it hadn't been cleaned in a couple months 8-). d mom thought it had been a year.

I realized that others in my family don't know how much work I really do each day. Even dd's said something about the fridge - not seeing all the work I have done and still continue to do under the surface. I am not sure if each person can see the actual work each other does if they are not there or involved in the process. One side of me is thrilled that it looks effortless but the other side is a bit frustrated that because of the fridge - the rest of my home was judged by d mom, dd younger. Looking for a positive way to discuss this with family? or just leave it be? Right now: moving forward. Oh well.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:24 am

Really wanted to go to church. Really wanted to walk to church. Didn't have enough time so resolved to be late and rushed out the door without breakfast or even finishing tea.

Walked the 2.75 miles in just under an hour.

Church is locked. I did not read the summer services email. They are alternating services with a church that is closer to me!

I've called dh to come get me. I never intended to walk home.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:44 am

Yesterday's trip to the vet for dMuffin resulted in a rump shave - where she had groomed herself raw - and the "cone of shame." [Sorry, SNL skit re e-collars for ddogs.] So she's taking extra time right now - my caregiving duties again - in feeding, meds and application of cortisone cream. Plus, she's miserable and bumping into everything and getting on my last nerve. Dh did a stellar job in getting her to the vet while I went to stamp club and lunch afterward.

Last night we took steaks to grill and went to dfriends home for the evening. Nice evening out, I was glad I got pried out of the house. We also got the refrigerator repaired yesterday afternoon and dh this morning gave it a good cleaning, so I'm moving things back into it gradually.

I'm making lasagne today for dkids tonight - it's supposed to be their birthday supper from last week. I couldn't start the cooking until I had refrigerator room. :roll:

So I'm having my breakfast smoothie - dh walked ddog for me and I hand fed her - she can't figure out how to get her head into the bowl, and if she does she turns it over. I also sit with her when she drinks water, otherwise, she turns it over when she brings the cone back up. :shock:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:45 am

I'm home and have had breakfast and a snack. I was hungry!

I've also changed out of hiking clothes into a skirt (same t-shirt, though.) I've tidied the bedroom and started a load of laundry.

The kitchen still needs some work but the living room is the worst space. Boxes, extra tables, and stuff all over the place.

The front hall is the same level of unkempt.

They both reflect my scattered mind with regards to this new theme journal and the new computer. Nothing like trying to put into play two new systems in the same week. Looking to my left, I see I have yet to put away my preaching binder from last week. And the baby carriers I washed and hung up in here on Monday. I've folded them up but they are still taking a chair.

I think 15's are in order.

My new computer is now on my desk set up with the secondary screen. Which looks way worse than the primary screen which is higher resolution and brightness.

Return to “Post When You Can”