Solving and Resolving on Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Solving and Resolving on Sunday

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:53 pm

I got sidetracked - My squirrel was getting tickets for dh and I for the tall ships in Kenosha - I hope he can do it. his heart is always willing but his body isn't. I was going to go by myself but he really wants to; it should be fun - adapt as we go! :D

dd younger and I will (hopefully) go downtown tuesday - she is going to the beach tomorrow with old friends. today they are not letting anyone out as the waves are 3 - 5

tomorrow I am taking mom to church and errands for aunt?

okay.... get too it.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:56 pm

oh I know the cone of shame - :D :D :D :D
fast healing to muffin
so happy your dh took muffin to vet.

hello d kathryn!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:05 pm

blessed, what you describe is not just CLOSE to what we all recognize, okay? It IS what we all recognize. Because, my dear, that IS our fridge. lol Hey - you cleaned out that fridge a couple months back. That's fantastic.

How to have a yucky fridge: work on the rest of the house until you feel good about it, and then turn around. Voila!

Twins' I was thinking it could mean the cone of shame. Good job, dh. Maybe Muffin can learn to move better with it.

It was a pretty good day at church. I went to SS for the first time since HRH's treatments took his immunity down. Unable to say hello to a few folks who haven't been present in a while in service. But several needed my input regarding transition and money, instead, and buttonholed me after church.

Tried to bring home a few blossoms from the churchyard, but that's not working in the midday heat. Maybe some early morning I could just go over and do that, and also get some of the white crepe myrtle, which would require wearing jeans, for sure.

Starving after only a banana this a.m. Must eat!

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:07 pm

U S A 2019 World Cup Champions!!! :D :) :D

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:16 pm

I think my squirrel was finding a countdown time program. And trying out the solitaire programs. The free ones with Win10 come with ads. I think that annoys me enough to only play a game or two at a time.

I'm having my leftover breakfast tea as ice tea. Waste not, want not.

I have not made major progress on the tidying. I have hung up the load of laundry and started an deeper soak of the white shorts that are really not clean.

I need to look up how to soak the wax print African material to soften it. That task has been hanging around since last Monday.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:32 pm

Thanks, RunKitty, I had not heard yet!
You GO, WOMEN!
Making it two in a row and a record of 4 overall I believe. I can think of the restaurants around here with their screens always on to sports. I certainly hope they enjoyed today's moment.
Sorry for the loss, helia, since a large contingency of your family were certainly cheering Netherlands today.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:48 pm

I have been to the market.
We cleaned out the bigger shed 8 x 16 I get at least half of it for a she shed. :mrgreen:
I painted the top of two end tables the are ready for a 2nd coat.
We have a nice day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:18 pm

you are a special person d harriet! As we say in our neck of the woods - a keeper!!! :D

yay on going to the market, d nancy, yay on the shed and the end tables!

yay on the women soccer team and all the women who participated - so cool!!!
I relayed to dd older today when I remembered all male clubs in the chicago area - she was shocked. I think it is wonderful that all the world has amazing women athletes!!! yay!
Yes I am thinking of the Netherlands too d Helia!!! It's hard for the women and the country but I hope they feel such pride at their accomplishment.

yay on looking into the way to soften the African printing d kathryn - looking into how to do the washing will lead you to finishing the task! yay on your walking!

exciting d RunKitty!!

Yay on having a good day at church today d Harriet!
enjoy lunch!

dd older and I went for a much needed iced coffee run and drive (short one but lovely).

watered the back yard plants.
did put away for a bit.

I know I have to work outside soon but I do want to finish the inside work.
next lunch
then the swish and swipe in the bathrooms
more flip flop of laundry and put away of laundry
empty car of rocks

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:32 pm

Drove out to the falls in almost bumper to bumper traffic. Numerous overhead signs informing people heading to the border about how long the waits were. Queenston/Lewiston was a 2 hour wait. Rainbow bridge was an hour and Fort Erie was also an hour. The drive home was just as bad but without any signs regarding border wait times to amuse myself.

There was a line up to get into the butter tart festival. I think the reason was that it was shoulder to shoulder once you got inside.

I came home with the following: pizza, coffee, nutella, raspberry, strawberry, pecan, walnut, raisin and plain. I haven't had any of them yet.

We are having BBQ t bone steaks and corn on the cob for supper. One of the other vendors I saw today was the Garlic King. I bought 6 containers of their garlic butter because it is soooooo good on corn. 5 containers are going into the freezer.

I put on a load of laundry this morning. I need to go flip it.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:35 pm

I might take a nap.

The kitchen looks much better now. I still need to clean the kitchen floor but aside from that, it is tidy and mostly clean (weekly chore day is Tuesday.)

I got the wax print fabric still awaiting softening into a bucket with salt. Lots of salt. That should soften the fabric more. I hope so although it was much softer when dh handed it to me than when I put it on my chair so I think the sun landing on it in the bedroom softened it too (the skirt was softer than the shirt which was on the bottom.) I haven't even tried on the skirt, yet, I pray it fits.

I then put a tiny load of dish towels and stuff on to wash since I had some things I wanted done but not a full load. I stopped the washer and tossed in dh's apron when I realized it needed cleaning too. I took dgs' new apron and made it into a pinafore with two pins. It is a bib apron but the neck loop is actually 2 long ties since we couldn't measure to see how long the loop needed to be to go over his head. When I tried to tie hit behind his neck he objected so I took the long ties and knotted them over the waist ties which makes it a pinafore. Today I changed the knots into loops that I safety pinned in place. As he grows, I can lengthen the ties.

I put the other two aprons dh had made (each a bit larger than the other so the kids can grow into them) into my kitchen linen drawers. I had been saving two cobbler style aprons for the kids when they were larger, so I've pulled out one of those to give away in order to make room for the new aprons.

All that has the kitchen and bedroom looking better. The living room? Not so much!

Return to “Post When You Can”