Solving and Resolving on Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Solving and Resolving on Sunday

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:48 pm

I have a bit of a headache going today. I got the lasagne sauce made and it's simmering and I've s2sed. DH has gone out for awhile so the house is quiet. I need to move towels over to dryer...

I was thinking about stamping but probably shouldn't go upstairs with lasagne simmering, even if it is turned way down.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:10 pm

I have a perfectly wonderful dinner planned.

But having read about Twin's Lasagna sauce, I feel like something with tomato sauce now!

Living room is a bit better. I put on a stupid tv show to at least keep me in the room for a little bit.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:46 pm

Twin', at the doggy hotels where I worked, we would take the cones off the dogs so they could eat and drink (monitoring them the whole time). When they were finished, we would give them a treat as we put the cone back on and tell them how wonderful, patient, and brilliant they were for putting up with the cone.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:40 pm

RunKitty, I was thinking about that, and I may do just that later.

Kathryn, this recipe makes two casseroles of lasagne that in theory serve 8 people each. Not generous servings, but okay servings. I'll give most of what's left to kids to take home and freeze the second, if they will take some frozen pizzas that are in our outside freezer. They were purchased before the first of May, when dh was diagnosed with diabetes. He will probably eat around the noodles tonight, and there may be a small amount of sugar in the tomato sauce, but this recipe mostly uses canned tomatoes with a little extra sauce and tomato paste.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:49 pm

I stuck with the original meal plan, steak. Dh appreciated that a lot! I had it with a baked potato and large salad. I need to update my food diary, though. Added things to the salad.

Before supper, I ended up lying down and reading on my phone. I was so wiped.

Since dinner I've cleaned up the kitchen and mopped the floor. Printed off calendars for my bujo and desk and am working on another thing for the theme journal now.

Does anyone else see the irony in my theme being focus and me being unable to focus on this long enough to set up the theme journal?!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:13 pm

Does anyone else see the irony in my theme being focus and me being unable to focus on this long enough to set up the theme journal?!

LOL, Kathryn! :D

I certainly have been unable to focus for the entire past week!
I don't even know WHAT has been my problem!
Well -- this dratted computer has been part of it, of course -- and lack of sleep an additional part -- but still... I sorta feel like this entire week has passed in a big blur, and I have no idea what happened.
I have tried to cuop and check-in with y'all periodically, but I've been so exhausted for the most part, that I don't even know what I said!

So. Solving and resolving.
The coming week does NOT look promising to me. It will be a major challenge, I am sure.
Tomorrow, I have a dentist appt -- just for a cleaning -- but there are three teeth with "hairline fractures" in them that the dentist has been "watching" for a couple years now. I am really nervous partly because if I need work done, this will be the first time since I've changed dentists. I had been with the old one since I was 5 years old. I am also nervous because I really don't need to pay for any expensive dental work until October.
Tomorrow night, dgs has a t-ball game.
Tuesday, we will be going to the nursing home for ds and dh to sing.
Wednesday, I will likely have dgrands from lunchtime till ddil gets home from work, and will attend funeral visitation for dfriend from church. This is a best case scenario. Worst case, I will be accompanying them to "Wonderful Wednesday" with the church, which will begin at 9:00 a.m., I think. And it's a really good outing, a museum that I really want to see, and a chance to get to know the new preacher more... BUT...
Thursday & Friday, I will have dgrands ALL DAY, likely 7:30-5:00.
Still trying to decide whether or not to let them spend Wed. & Thurs. nights, and HOPE they sleep late, OR take them early in the morning and have more quiet in the evening hours.

This is a real decision, because last night we had them both, and it was just chaos.
Dgd usually sleeps on a pallet by our bed, but one thing led to another, I tried to let them sleep together in the big bed in "their" room, more chaos, resulting in a bottle of iced tea spilling on the floor, dgs sent to the pallet (which he pronounced: "actually very comfortable,") and dgd coming into our bedroom approx every 30 minutes to tell me she had to "tee-tee." OF COURSE one is not going to discourage a potty-training 3-yr-old, so, I was up and down all night long. At 3:45 a.m. I finally lay down with her in the big bed, b/c dh was not feeling well himself, and it STILL took her till around 4:00 a.m. to fall asleep. :roll:
In the meantime, before I ever went to bed for the first time, believe it or not, dh spilled a 20-oz bottle of Coke in OUR bedroom.
I was ready to go to ddil's and just leave them all with it. :P :evil: :roll:

So this is just a slice of life from lucyland this week. Y'all please do say a prayer for me in the week ahead.
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:55 pm

Question in cleaning focus thread. :?:
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:07 am

I did some weekly p,anning. Last week was messed up for me on a number of ways but I could not sleep in the night and was amazed what an hour did then even if I was a bit groggy the dishes did not care lol. Neither did the floor. Trying to get to my home blessing current stuff a bit at a time. I knew it would be off track with the whacky week fo r me plus the 4th and all.

Luckily when I reviewed my ladt 2 weeks I was able to get some tasks on my goals lists.

Return to “Post When You Can”