Multiple Focuses on Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Multiple Focuses on Monday

Postby Harriet » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:23 am

Dee is assigning individual priorities to each calendar day within her focus of readiness.

Kathryn is using a method of prioritizing in 3 main focus categories.

How are you prioritizing your multiples? :)

Have you taken stock of the focuses that you need and want to have?

Are your thoughts organized about them, or do you need to set aside some time ⌚ to assess?

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Multiple Focuses on Monday

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:48 am

And so far I've been able to zero in on at least each day's 'focus' job, and some days more. I know when I get to the paper work though things will likely slow down. For instance today I only have the floor of dh's closet marked down & that is a teeny/tiny area so will probably add the next on the list.

Between dh and me we've managed to wash, dry, fold & put away 1 LOL. Won't have another for a couple of days. o

DD and I went to G oodwill in Geneseo yesterday & picked up a blue blazer & a couple of ties for dh to wear in his new 'job' with the Orlando Solar Bears. DD happened to mention to the head of off ice officials a few weeks ago that she thought her dDad would enjoy working with them -he was hired on the spot! So it'll be back to wearing ties again. DD picked up 3 hoola hoops for neighbor girls. They & a couple of friends donned gloves Saturday & armed themselves with small trash bags. D campmanager happened to 'catch' them doing something kind/good & took pictures for the next newsletter. DD said it was truly amazing how much trash they picked up on the kids' playground. Note there are trash receptacles all over but some people are just too plain 'lazy' or perhaps drunk to walk the few steps to throw things away. It was absolutely packed down that way & by the beach on Saturday. So I'm pretty sure there's a treat waiting for them at the store in the next few days. DD picked up the hoola hoops (which were new & only $1.39 each at G will) as part of their reward. Love it when kids discover there's good consequences for doing a kindness, no matter how small.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:06 am

Are your thoughts organized about them, or do you need to set aside some time ⌚ to assess?

My thoughts are not organized by themselves but my method is. :) I do have to set aside regular time to assess where I am on my plans for the day. That assessment works well with taking breaks. Win! Win!

Harriet - Thank you for the focused start today.

I am adding completion percentage information to my daily list for each category. I find this information motivating. I am in competition with myself. No one else sees it or knows about it (well, except I just told ya'll!) If I choose to skip doing a task then it will drop my percentage of completion down. I don't like that!! To prevent that from happening I will take the 2 minutes (or whatever) the task takes to complete it so my percentage won't drop. Consistency doing the tasks can become mundane but I find the numbers tracking them are inspiring.

Today is a normal Monday for us. Homeschool and child care, DH to CPA for church business, DH to spend time with his DMom.

I'm cooking bacon today for BLT sandwiches. I always look forward to having this when fresh tomato slices are available.

Next up -
** Personal AM
** DH support
** Drink & food prep
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:26 am

I have to focus on menus before a store run for this week.
We enjpyed the beet greens and yellow squash I cut up and cooked for lunch yesterday. Yum!

Painting is my focus in July.
I have some more work on cleaning out the shop before I can paint inside it. Presswood not my fav. Thing to paint.
I got the side tables for the living room done and in place they look goid and are just enough smaller so that is great yea for success!
I have projects in various stages of completion in it.
Next the ones for the cave basement need it.
I think h. Is still thinking of a she shed for me, but in the mean time I can use the other one. :mrgreen:
[Plant cage area is not big enough.]

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:57 am

I was just getting ready to drive over to DD's when dh called me. Our dgd26 (or probably more at this point) was at the beach with our twin dggsons2 and dggs3! What a surprise. Drove over to see them & dd went down too so they're getting some Aunt time. DGD was going to take them to Hamlin Beach (on Lake Ontario) today when her dh suggested she come over here. She lives a very few miles from here. So she did! She bought a 'social membership'. This will allow her to come in at any time to use any of our facilities through mid-October or so. Never thought of it. DS-A & DDIL (her Mom) have a 'seasonal' membership so are here during the summer off and on. There's a playground here ( a really nice one) they can enjoy, picnic facilities, swimming, the Pub restaurant, etc, etc. Now we know what we'll give their family for Christmas this year. It's $99 for a social membership before May 1st. Not sure what it is now but probably more like $125. Knowing dgd she'll get a lot of use out of it.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:24 am

Dee - What a fun experience to share with your family generations!

I'm making steady progress on today's plans. It is a quiet morning here so far.

The DKids are on summer schedule which means they sleep until they wake up. It is after 10:00am and they are both still sleeping.

DS10 told me yesterday that his toe was starting to stick out the end of his shoes. So I guess he is ready to wave goodbye to size 12 shoes and move on to size 13. Will have to get shoe shopping on the schedule soon. At the rate DS10 body is growing it makes sense he needs extra sleep. DGD8 too.

I prep'd serving size baggies of celery, baby carrots, & cherry tomatoes. Those vegetables are a combination that I enjoy eating everyday especially when the prep is already done.

Next up -
** Living room
** Swimming pool
** Vegetable garden
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:08 pm

I am puttering about this morning. I've walked the dog and given her meds, still need to put cortisone on her rump. Just talked to my genealogy friend E - she's doing client work and has decided not to continue on her portfolio journey. I completely understand her decision; I've considered not continuing myself but we're each in a different place right now.

I've stamped a bit, have cleaned out the refrigerator (dh didn't do the shelves on the doors) and purged some there, and purged some upstairs in the linen closet. I'm kind of flitting from one thing to another.

I need to eat brunch...have just had coffee w milk this a.m.

Focus? Yeah, not much around here.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:39 pm

I, too, combine planning/evaluating time with break time.

OK, the apartment is clean.

The bed is stripped and remade, the dirty sheets laundered and put away.

Fresh towels are out, the old ones are in the dryer.

The weekly houseblessing is done.

The balconies have been swept and dusted, the table set up for 4 people to sit at and the surfaces wiped down (tons of pollen.)

All that is left is my desk, which I can always just drop the roll-top to hide the multitude of sins, although, since my friend is very late (she warned me), I'm making progress on that.

I'm taking a moment to pause since I haven't had a break yet this morning.

I will also need another snack since I have no idea how long it will be until my friend arrives. She lives 5 hours away and hadn't left as of 9 but I don't know if she is leaving from home or somewhere else.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:50 pm

We have a chimnea sitting in our yard here in front of our RV. We decided this weekend that we no longer use it here (used to burn our papers in it but you can use it to burn wood.) Since it was given to us by former RVers we decided to list it on our camp website. Then I happened to google it & came up with the exact same one on Wmart -for $483! :o So, was going to ask $100 or BO. When we were at DS-R's last night. He said, "That's really funny because "ddil" had just talked about one last week for their patio at home -like your Mom & Dad have at their site". Thought he was kidding at first but no he wasn't. So they're getting it for free -after they find a couple of other guys to help him haul it out of here. It's very heavy. We always go to campfires at their site or dd's or next door neighbors anyway. It'll make mowing the lawn a lot easier & I won't worry about backing around into it with the golf cart. :lol: Win-win!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:01 pm

Desk is reasonably tidy now.

I just downloaded a computer time tracker called Rescue Time. It will track everything I do on my computer including how long I spend on each website. One then defines each activity as productive vs. unproductive and then you get reports about how you spend your time on the computer AND online. Knowing I spend 5 hours in the Chrome browser isn't helpful but know I spent 3 hours on reddit, and 1 hour each on SHE and Myfitnesspal is.

Now I'll try and update my garmin.

Return to “Post When You Can”