Multiple Focuses on Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Multiple Focuses on Monday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:50 pm

LadyM: Especially when Kathryn is suffering from low blood sugar.

At least I got my walk in, but I am back to being hungry. Toast and milk was enough to give me the energy for the walk but has worn off.

At this point I am saying screw it, so much for calorie counting and I will have some cheese and cucumber. Still another hour or more.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:55 pm

Ditto what Twins said... not much focus going on here either.

Sweetie and I got up at 3:30am to watch Winbleton. Finished watching the games I wanted to watch around 9 and napped for two hours. Then decided to read once I got up and finished my book.

Looks like waking at weird times this week will be a pattern as Wimbledon goes on till Sunday. My mom loves watching tennis. She stated playing at 55 and continued till her mid 70’s. I learned to watch tennis so we had something to talk abt besides the weather and her health problems. Been doing this for close to 20 years now .
and I’ve learned to love watching the games.

I started doing my friends genealogy so have been down the rabbit hole a bit. Kind of a challenge at times as her maternal g-mother came from Ireland with a name that I have found spelled several way. Plus I found her gg-mother on her dad’s side with do not match her maiden name. I have her death certificate with her parents name which are different.good thing I like mysteries.

I have my gym class later today and need to leave it early to go to my HOA meeting. That should be interesting as well.

My stomach for some reason has decided to act up a bit. Think it’s from the ibuprofen I’ve had to take for my hands in the morning. Only taking two capsules cause my thumbs hurt and don’t want to work with out it. If it’s not one thing it’s another.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:19 pm

I have 109 calories left for the day.

Sigh.

I hate it when I am derailed on the first day of turning over a new leaf.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:25 pm

Hi everyone! My extended weekend did not go exactly as planned. Thursday went according to schedule, except that DD17 wanted to skip the parade in favor of extra amusement park time. We were done with that long before fireworks, which we watched from the church parking lot. We were doing dog care 2x a day at her dad's house. We decided to take the dogs back to my house for the 4th in case they were perturbed by the fireworks. Instead they got to be perturbed by the cats! I kept the dogs and cats separated. Briggs is normally ok with dogs, but in his condition, I don't want any extra stress. Friday was supposed to be a hike, but DD wanted to stay home and read, and I needed to arrange camper insurance. Saturday was entirely devoted to the camper: two hours at the dealership learning how to use it, lunch out because I didn't yet know how to park it in my yard, parking practice at church, actually parking it in my yard (LOTS of time there!), and attempting to set it up for use that night. We did not use it that night because there were some things I had forgotten and a leak and a part that fell off that I didn't know where it came from. Mostly it was too dark and I was too exhausted to continue figuring things out. I got some needed info from the dealer on the water heater. I figured out the part eventually and felt pretty silly. It was a cover for a toilet bolt, i.e. just cosmetic. I could have used any system in the trailer without problems.

Briggs is doing better and eating more. He gets 3 meds at night, which he does not like. I retexted xBFF and she responded. She has sent me texts with pictures before, but maybe she doesn't receive them? Traveling companion friend will be here the entire month of August, so I will not miss her by visiting home.

I want to take the trailer camping this weekend. If it was just DD and I, I would not do it, but there are people coming that know trailering, so it will help me.

My house is such a disaster, it is bothering me, and I have a high tolerance! I did spend some time working on it Sunday afternoon, but much more is needed. The big accomplishment was to put away stuff from last weekend's tent camping and get camper stuff put away. I also worked on putting away LOLs, but there is more to go.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:07 pm

Move more of the wood finds, got the back yard watered with the new sprinkler I am SO glad I rememered to get it when I was at the store. Folded a load of laundry. H is mak8ng his lunch. H was having a Monday seems better now. I took the other end tables out of the living room so it will not be cluttery. I have watered the front, dinner is done.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:13 pm

Elizabeth: I'm sorry but I laughed at the toilet bolt cover being the part that you couldn't identify. Too bad Elizabeth's Own Camping Co, didn't call Elizabeth's Own Plumbing for advice!

I've set a timer. When it goes off, we are cooking up the souvlaki spears I bought the other day on a whim. They'll be ready in 15 minutes.

The timer just went off.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:41 pm

I had a lazy day.

We even had a lazy supper. I went and bought cold salads and some kielbasa and that's what we had. Dh doesn't mind doing that when it's hot. I sort of feel like it's a lazy supper because I didn't really have to make anything. No work involved. I do have to run the dishwasher tonight.

I may or may not have closed my eyes when I was laying on the bed reading this afternoon. :D
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:30 pm

Just talked with my friend. She made it to the mall by the beginning of the parkway but I told her not to come at all. So she will go to where they are planning to sleep tonight. That will be better for her husband since coming here and then leaving in an hour will be too much for him with his confusion.

I'm so glad I was firm about them not staying here.

I have given her Friday as an option to get together. I pointed out I need tomorrow for a recovery day, Wednesday for dd and family coming for dinner, Thursday as recovery from that, so Friday is the next day I'm available and there's nothing on the calendar, so I've penciled her in.

On the bright side, dh worked while waiting and made a delivery today which he wasn't expecting to do. And the apartment is clean. And we had something to I could cook up quickly for dinner. So there is a lot to be thankful for.

She didn't leave until 10:30 this morning and it is a 5 hour drive if you take the shortest route, 6 hours if you take the longer route. If you don't get lost or stop. So there was never any way she would have made it for lunch. My invitation was an afternoon visit with an early dinner. And I made that assuming she was already in Ottawa. Instead, she was the one who changed it to lunch, insisted on bringing the food, and never told me she was leaving from her home.

I remember my father driving to Nova Scotia with my mom when her sister died and Mom kept trying to get away from him at the rest stops and wouldn't sleep at night. He was exhausted and at the end of his rope when he got there and couldn't face the drive home. So I flew back with her (I had flown down since I was the one who was making arrangements.) Then he didn't drive home right away but left her with me for 4 or 5 nights. It was a dirty trick but even in my anger, I understood. She kept trying to run away from my home but dd was able to run after her and say she'd knew the way and led her back to our home. He needed a rest and his sister made sure he got one by insisting he stay longer with her.

So I understand why my friend is making such bad decisions, she's desperate for a break. But this is not my responsibility. She and I know each other from my preaching training so we spent several weekends together and they've stayed with us twice but we aren't close friends at all.

I still feel guilty but gosh darnit, this isn't my problem. I shouldn't feel bad for being friendly or for defending myself from being taken advantage of.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:49 pm

hugs all
Kathryn - I think eating when you need to is part of one of life's necessities, not a whim or a want, a definite need. Maybe eating on time would have been like eating first before you go to an event, not knowing the when or the what the food will be when it is eventually in front of you. Though of course always wondering if they would arrive shortly would be a pain. I'm sorry you delayed eating so long.
Prayers, and I'm sorry for the woman who badly needs a respite time slot built into her schedule. I do hope something such as adult 'day care' will be found that they can access. Agreeing - it is not your problem.

Elizabeth - I'm reminded of 'Our? Man in Havana' by Graham Green re character who made drawing of vacuum cleaner bits as part of his 'spying' mission. Things not appearing as what they are.

Monday Tuesday features some sun, so 2 loads of washing today and one yesterday. I'll be glad when the sun moves some more and my clothes line gets more time in the sun. Trees have grown tall to the north.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:13 pm

I hate it when I am derailed on the first day of turning over a new leaf.

YES, Kathryn, that is sooo frustrating. (((HUGS))) for all the frustration with this "friend" and all that you have going on.

My "new leaf" is to be exercise and routines... and it is a HORRIBLE week to be trying this, but... whatever.

Right now, I must rest a bit. I got home from the dentist -- no problems there -- and I was having a low blood sugar problem, so ate some cheese and crackers, and then we went to the ballgame.
It is still awfully hot around here at 6:00 pm, let me tell y'all. * whew *
We just got home a little while ago and I changed pants * and underwear * because it was like wearing a wet bathing suit! Ugh!!! I hate it when I sweat like that! I'm kinda feeling icky in my stomach, too, and I imagine it is just the heat.

We lost by one run, but dgs did so well! He did not squat down and write in the dirt one single time! He even tried to get the ball sometimes when it was hit his way, and he scored three runs. DH told him he was sooo proud of him! He's come a long way in just seven games. They only have one more -- next Monday.

I'm just going to wave to all and lie down in the recliner for a little while. I need to be changing the sheets and cleaning the bathrooms, and I'm going to be out of the house every single day this week and/or doing Nana-duty... but right now, I need to rest and cool off.

I do have a few ta-da's for the day --
* straightened out a billing question with the phone company
* made a phone call for dh re: alumni yearbook from college
* talked to dmom (twice) and then she came to the ballgame, also
* talked to dfriend
* went to dentist
* went to ballgame
* printed out some decluttering tips from Home Storage Solutions 101
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”