Focus on Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Focus on Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:04 pm

(((Helia and family))) not sure if you'll see this but Pepper was a lovely dog. I'm very sorry for your loss.

No progress this evening except dinner and cleanup.

At least all the time playing games will be tracked. I believe the point is to be accurate, not totally productive every day.

I'm very tired so am prepping for bed now. Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:29 pm

Gee I didn't think Pepper was that old. I'm sorry he's gone.

Harriet, I'm picturing your refrigerator! I thought the additive thing was surely about the food industry! We never get over being proud of our kids, do we?

I don't know what about today left me so tired. Going to bed soon.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:46 pm

Kinda failed at focus today... STILL have not changed the sheets....
When we got home from the nursing home/ass't living singing today, I was just beat. It is sooo hot outside -- even though we are only out long enough to get in and out of the car, you know. I was just TIRED.
Took a nap and then... just still had no energy to start the sheet process. It's not that it takes so long to DO, but the wait time for the laundry makes it a longer process. I need to go ahead and JUST DO IT, though, b/c I know dh wants to do towels Thursday, so that will tie up the washer all of that day.

Ta-da's for the day, however --
* called and put a hold on an auto-shipment thing of dh's -- it's a supplement-drink for arthritis, (S upple, if anyone is interested) and occasionally, they get ahead of themselves and we get quite a stockpile on hand, so we have to call and slow them down
* returned call from cardiologist and * finally * got dh an appt for August with new doctor -- we were down to our 4th choice, so... hoping for the best
* accompanied dh & ds to ass't living, supervised dgrands while there, and * HOORAY * dgd FINALLY pooped in the potty for the first time
* made plans with ddil & ds for her birthday (which is Sunday, but we will celebrate Tuesday, when ds is back home)
* invited dbil & his gf to birthday

Tomorrow, yes, I am going to the Wonderful Wednesday museum event with our church group. Looking forward to the museum but NOT NOT NOT the wake-up time... and then will have dgrands the rest of the day and over-night. We will go to funeral visitation with ddil and dgrands, and then they will spend the night with us.
Thursday, I plan to take them to the local exhibit for our state's Bicentennial. I think dgs will enjoy it, and dgd will probably just enjoy being out and about.
I don't know what Thursday night will hold. May send them home with ddil for awhile and either let them come back to spend the night or just let her drop them off Friday morning. It depends on how tomorrow night turns out.

(((Helia))) I am sooo sorry about Pepper.

And Harriet -- WTG to both ddaughters!

(((Rose))) Hope you're feeling better soon!

I remember when we sold so much stuff from dmil's house, the guy who bought it said he couldn't sell mattresses. You would think GW would take them though, if they appear clean. A used mattress would be much preferable to the floor, wouldn't it?

Harmony... sad about your dfriend -- it certainly does sound like something concerning is going on.

LadyM, I understand what you're saying about dgd. Harmony is probably right -- dgd probably just loves being there with dgs and the other kids that congregate around.

I could use Elizabeth's Own Plumbing, too... don't know when we will EVER get these toilets to quit running all the time. I turned off the one in the back bathroom, which is never used anyway.

There just isn't time to clean my house and have a life and there just isn't money for maid service.

Well, that is certainly the truth. I MIGHT could manage it if dh didn't live on Elvis Standard Time, but even if I COULD get up earlier, my activity would be limited by HIS sleep patterns. * sigh *

(((Elizabeth))) hugs for all the car annoyances and a prayer that you do not fall off the roof! :shock: :lol:

WAVING TO ALL!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:57 pm

Checking in:

1) This is absolutely the worst driver's license photo I've had in my life. :(

2) The piece of paper that I've so carefully kept safe in the bank box thinking it was our Marriage Certificate is not that. It's only the form that the pastor signed proving that he performed the wedding. According to the government, it is worthless as proof of my name change from maiden name to married name. :?

3) Thankfully, even though I was at a courthouse in a different county that the one in which I was married, the Recorder could still access the record of our marriage and print a duplicate Marriage Certificate. Once she signed and stamped the duplicate, it became legal proof which tied the name on my birth certificate to my current name.

4) Hooray for the Interwebs that made the above possible, thus saving me a lot of time and driving!

5) Yes, I could have renewed my driver's license without all of the extra documents of identity. I just thought it would be easier to get the so-called Real ID now (when I needed to go in person to renew my DL anyway and it would not cost extra) than to have to go through the extra ID process in the future, possibly in an emergency situation. That turned out to be a good decision, considering that I was missing a needed document but I was in the right place at the right time for them to help me with relative ease.

6) Another reason I wanted the Real ID is that I'll be getting on an airplane in a few weeks. I'm hoping the new ID might save me some time going through airport security. However, they did not give me the ID today, they only provided a temporary paper version because they have to mail the real one. She said it could take up to 30 days to arrive, but my trip is sooner than that. I hope her reassurance turns out to be correct, that it usually only takes 2 weeks.

7) After a quick and easy supper, I watched a webinar about sewing 3 easy home projects - quilted coaster, pot holder, and table runner. It was a review of techniques I've learned before, but it was relaxing to watch.

8) I am giving up on my goal of finishing the accounting tasks tonight. I've already confused myself with some data that should have been simple. Too many interruptions, and I'm too tired to look at the numbers any more.

Return to “Post When You Can”