Focus on Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Focus on Tuesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:45 am

It is Tuesday, right? I never got much focus going yesterday so today that will be a goal. What is your Tuesday focus?

Write it down and make it real!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Focus on Tuesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:56 am

Several focus tasks come to mind today:
-Goodwill drop off before I can....
-pick up dcousin for lunch out
-get rid of mattress and box springs in my car
-Stampin up order will be delivered so I can plan on some creative time late in the day while dh bowls
-grocery
-must must must begin writing thank you notes in wake of dmom's passing. I'm getting embarrassed by my mental block in doing this. I suspect that contributes to my lack of focus, because I feel I should be doing it before anything else, then I can't get started...

I upset dh at supper last night complaining about "his" side of the garage. I almost took a fall yesterday trying to put something away. Access has been very very limited since he has a car sitting there all the time while he drives the second car. (Convertible sitting there in bad weather...Subaru in good weather.) So he worked out there for awhile and got the (unused) mower moved out of the way and some other stuff moved to more accessible locations. Not that he threw out that much, or put much into the donate bin but moved it around. The whole things resulted in mattresses that came from dmom's room at assisted living put into my car to go to Goodwill. And this morning....I looked online and found that Goodwill doesn't take mattresses... I must drop off the stuff that dh put in the front seat before I can pick up dcousin, and at some point today I also need to take mattresses to refuse collection center?

Right now my focus is on walking the dog then getting myself out of the house on time.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:44 am

focus is a word and an action I need right now d twins!
giving you love as you write thank you notes.

Write it down and make it real! d twins - So true! :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:46 am

I have a hair dye supposedly - I thought it was tomorrow. I will go but I am not sure.
i wrote it off the card she gave me as soon as I came home from the last appointment - hey an adventure. 8-)

have a great day all!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:47 am

Yes to focus. I find myself feeling much better physically, mentally & emotionally when I have a plan for the day. Without that focus, I just sort of go through the day without a feeling of accomplishment.

I feel strange not checkup on DGD8. She has become a part of my daily doings so much that it feels normal. DGD8 cling to me yesterday and didn't want to go. She didn't throw a fit (which I am thankful for) but it makes me uneasy WHY she didn't want to go be with her Mom. I'm not going to overthink this, but just be thankful for no drama times.

I'm making good progress on the daily list. 50 things marked off and 57 to go.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:51 am

Today my focus will be to go through the clothes on my closet rod. Then if I feel like it I'll move on to the next space in that closet.

I began, once again, measuring out my water for the day -yesterday. Filled my jug & put in the fridge last night to use for today. Of course I was up frequently during the night. Just want to be sure I'm drinking enough water to see if it counteracts this danged light-headedness. They always ask that question when I tell them "Yes, I get light-headed". Go back to my cardiologist next Tuesday. Hoping my weight stabilizes by then. Went up a lot in the last couple of days & hoping it's the water.

DD's coming to get me to go to A ldi's in a little while. That'll help get some steps in at least. I should get outside and do some while I'm waiting.

Was wondering how you even got mattress/box spring in your CAR, Twins. Hope you can find an easy place to drop them off.

Dh just stopped by to check on me. He does 'worry' about me, etc. Guess I'll keep him.

Okay......out the door!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:12 am

Today's focus is accounting, both home and business.

In the vein, I've just installed the accounting package on the new computer and pulled up the books.

Dh wants a walk now so here I go!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:32 am

Let it go is my theme - Tues. Trash day focusing on that, the can is full so I have things to go in after trach pick up, can is at the curb. I am cleaning in the shed got two more shelves cleaned off, and out of there, two more to go, then I will have half of it done. Then painting begins. Next up is getting the full sheet of plywood on the trailer crosswise for a work station. I can move out some items like shop towels and camping gear. H. Offered to store it in the basement no way I just got it out of there and we have not used it I am not doing that again!

I can put stuff under it and use the top for a work surface.

Laundry is going using the washer twins this morning.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:42 am

Dee when I refer to my CAR it's a Honda Pilot. It will carry twin mattresses easily with the middle seat folded down flat.

I am heading out. A.m. routine is not done...

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:33 am

Morning...

I woke in the middle of the night with a migraine so my focus is getter over it.

Watched tennis starting at 5:00am. I am now drinking coffee and watching Perry in bed. Willis is keeping me company.

I had planned to color my hair this morning, but that will have to wait. I have a facial and upper body massage appointment at noon that I plan on making. Then depending on how I feel will do a quick wal mart run. It’s right at the same place as my appointment.

Gonna pick up a cooked chicken for dinner tonight to make it easy on me.

Waving to y’all..need to take care of my head.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”