Focus on Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Focus on Tuesday

Postby Harriet » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:30 pm

Dd39 emailed me a copy of her certificate from MIT in "Additive Manufacturing: Technology Principles and Applications", so I could see. I promptly printed it out onto ivory nice paper (though I don't have color ink so MIT's red in their logo and seal are just black). Magnet-ed it onto my fridge just like I would have done when she got a special paper in grade or high school! :D Moms are like that. I told her and she responds, "(*rolls eyes and wonders why she didn't see that coming) You must need an almond joy today...'cause, you know, sometimes ..."

Dd39 will be interested to hear dd20's reaction tonight, though, because she knows this means I moved over the copy of dd's Dean's List letter she got the other day, in order to arrange the fridge display. Dd already says to me in email, "okay, now she's just showing off".

I have competitive dds but ds will ignore this. Actually, I tell a lie - he won't pay enough attention to be aware he's ignoring something. Well, he might ask dd39 if it comes with a pay raise, and when he hears that it doesn't, he'll forget what they were talking about, lol. Dstepson will be happy for both and probably read the papers, but tease every way he can.

I pretended valiantly with dd39 that I understood what Additive Manufacturing was, and then looked it up. It's creating objects through 3-D printing. I'm out of that loop.

HRH and I are back from his blood work appt and an appt he had with a paralegal for a project. He drove, in the truck which is more difficult, and also stood up the whole time in the law building discussing at a counter-like desk, as if it was easy, and as soon as we got home he laid down for a nap. :)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:36 pm

that is so absolutely wonderful d harriet!!!! so happy for your dd 39!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:41 pm

hello d rose
good for you!
enjoy your massage and facial!

hello d twins!
good luck on all the things you need to do today!!!

hello d nancy yay on your theme of letting go today!

hello d kathryn you on your focus of today!

hello d dee! yay on your focus of working throughs the cloths and closet
enjoy your time with your dd

hello d Lady! glad you are feeling better all the way around! I think I understand your dd's feelings. She feels safe in the loving predictable home she has with you! yay on your work being done!

hello all!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:49 pm

before getting hair dyed (I go to a nice girl) - I did have an appointment!
I finished the kitchen work - I still have to put away the dishes that I washed early this morning
front of yard watered.
dropped off donations

d old dog is starting to worry me a bit. she gets excited and breaths fast - which makes her temp go up. (I will be keeping my eye on her).
lunch is done.
Next water the back yard
fold the towels and put away
flip flop laundry

I haven't finished the morning routine

today's focus:
declutter Tuesday: not really decluttering - more of a put away and finish the process

dd youngers boxes in her room - put upstairs
look around to find things to donate
empty my car of clean laundry
empty my car of rocks
pull covers off furniture and go to dry cleaners
put away through out house
pool finish the process for today
weeds 15 minutes

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:25 pm

Harriet - Congratulations to your DD's on their academic accomplishments! LOL with the Almond Joy

Home from the city. DH met with a person requesting financial assistance from the church while I met with DD and DGD8. DD invited DS10 to go with them to swim at the lake and he accepted. After they finish at the lake DD will bring DS10 and DGD8 back here.

DH and I went to Sam's for list shopping - church & ours. The SUV was stacked full again because of bulky items - a large cooler and cases of water for the church. I only had about a half dozen items on my list so it was simple.

I'm not happy with the home health nurse. DMIL recovering from the stroke is nothing short of AMAZING. She is improving every day and getting back into her normal schedule which means she goes to bed around 8pm and gets up around 5am. The home health nurse called DMIL last night around 9pm to confirm that she would arrive around 10am. The phone call woke DMIL up and she doesn't wear her hearing aids to bed so she couldn't hear the conversation very well. DMIL thought it was morning so she got up and did her morning routine....made and drank coffee, took morning meds, got dressed, etc. Once DMIL finished her morning routine she sat down and waited for home health to come.
When the home health people didn't show up DMIL called DSIL to find out why. DSIL had a hard time convincing DMIL that it was night time. Sundowners is a very real thing for the elderly. Home health nurses should know better and not be calling the elderly at night time. IMHO this is totally not acceptable.

Next up -
** Cut up bags of fresh onions
** Find roomba if it didn't make it back to home base while we were gone.
** Go for morning walk because I didn't get it done earlier today.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:33 pm

I'm with Kathryn today in the accounting focus group. I want to finish the month-end tasks for the library and sewing groups today. Normally I would have them finished before this but I actually took a couple vacation days at the end of last week, meaning that I tried not to do any volunteer work so I could spend all my time on my own family stuff. I will finish all of the data entry and reports before I go to bed tonight.

This morning I decided that no matter what, I would fit in a walk before noon. I didn't get out until after 11, but I made it. It was already a little too hot so I didn't walk as far as I'd hoped, but at least I was out there.

I've been trying to find homes for the stray mom cat and the kittens she had in our shed, but seems like everyone I ask already has stray kittens they are trying to re-home. I've researched animal shelters. We need to get this cat family into a carrier and to a shelter very soon -- as soon as I can convince DH that there is no other choice and he has to help.

I'm planning tacos for supper.

I'm not making any progress on the house. Did I already say that last week? This is the time of year when I make my annual vow that the next time we move, we WILL get a place with central air. I don't know how my DMom coped with raising 6 kids in a little 1-bathroom house with only fans, yet she still kept the house ready for company to drop in with no warning. Of course, nobody in our neighborhood had a/c so we were all in the same situation, but still ... :P

I need something to eat now and then a shower.
After that I will go to the bank to pick up identification documents from our safe deposit box, and then a drive to the place where I can renew my drivers license.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:45 pm

Long walk. Dh had the errand of getting the batiks framed. So we went to two framing galleries. The first one felt right and the quotes were very close so we went back to the first and left them. Lots of money but they spark joy so need to be displayed. One we've had 5 years, another one year and the 3.5'x5' one came this year. It will fill a very empty wall over our bed.

We picked up spinach for our supper tonight and a banana for me.

I'm at 7600 steps for the day and contemplating a nap on the balcony.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:56 pm

I have done another round. The underside of a small table is drying. I got the stuff out from under a shelf in the shop that was on the floor so that I can sweep, did that. It is looking good in there now that I have a couple items up off the flooepr and put away and painting on another that is on a table my work space for now is limited so I am still using the carport. Trash can is back from the curb. Lunck is next if bs is acceptable.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:23 pm

I enjoyed lunch with dcousin so much. Hearing about family things that happened before I came along (and some that dmom shielded us from) helps me understand my family so much better.

I overate at lunch. Catfish fingers with tartar sauce and french fries and I am stuffed. I also got the Goodwill errand done and the mattresses dropped off and got to the grocery store. I've put away the perishables and think I might try for a tiny nap, at least a little rest period. My car was reading that the outside temp was 96. The weather service says it's 94 "feels like" 102.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:17 pm

I decided to nap inside and then turned that into a guided meditation.

I'm not feeling 100% and think I'm coming down with dh's cold. I hope I can get through tomorrow with more energy than I have today.

Tons of sirens now so I shall go watch the show.

Return to “Post When You Can”