Focus on Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Focus on Tuesday

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:23 pm

hello all
I am so happy you had a great time with your d cousin d twins!
so nice that you are able to gain insight. It makes understanding our families better.

yay on doing another round d nancy

yay on your steps d kathryn - hope you feel better

hello d book! so kind of you to watch the kittens until they can go to their forever home - check out no kill shelter in your area.

hello d lady - hope both your ds and dgd have fun at the lake
((yes sundowners is very real)) continued good health to your d mil.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:29 pm

car is empty, washed the floor teck thingy's and put back. tossed garbage
finished watering
purse is clean
fixed dh's computer

next empty the dw of clean dishes
flip flop laundry

received our announcement that Christmas carol play goes on sale July 19 wow.

worried still about d old dog - it's too hot for her but she doesn't seem to grasp the idea to rest.
dd younger went to the beach
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:10 pm

I was a little surprised I napped, but it was very nice! The cool sheets felt so good.

At 4:15 will work for 45 minutes and finish up a.m. routine, and erase my steps also.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:14 pm

Blessed, I supposed you've at least put ice cubes in the water dish so your dog can cool off a bit when thirsty. Still, I understand your worry.

The sirens were just out to the island. The trucks disappeared under the trees but after 15 minutes traffic was moving normally again so it was another false alarm. I noted this time one of the trucks didn't bother going down onto the island but waited at the entrance. They can't use the off/on to the bridge entrances because they are too tall to go under the bridge so if they go onto the island, they have to shut traffic down in both directions and come out the entrance driveway.

I still feel, since this is at least a 3x weekly occurrence during rush hour, they should simply assign someone on desk duty 'island duty' and they sit on the island over rush hour and if there's a 911 call, they can then go over and see if it is a legit emergency or someone stuck in the traffic on the bridge calling in the surfer on the standing wave in the rapids or a kayaker shooting the rapids. These are tame rapids so lots of people (and a rafting company) go through the rapids in the summer. It isn't unsafe, but from a car, stuck in traffic on the bridge, it might look like it is.

Since this happens almost daily and it clogs traffic on the bridge as well as the two roads leading to the bridge, I can't understand why they haven't implemented my solution.

I'm having tea now in an attempt to wake up and focus.

I've defrosted the meat for dinner.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:29 pm

And here come the sirens again!

Edited to add: a single car, couldn't tell if it was police or fire, but he went down the oncoming lanes into the intersection, turned right/east, nearly had a head on collision with someone turn into the oncoming lanes legitimately, and then a few minutes later went through the intersection heading west. That happens so often with police or fire going the wrong way when they get to the intersection.

It is too treed to see whether he stopped at the beach or kept going west.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:52 pm

The kids weren't gone very long. It probably took them longer to drive to the lake than they spent at the lake. Ohs well.

I just finished doing homeschool with DS10. It went smoothly. We added in Modern Music and Science assignments today to the previous 5 subjects we had already begun. DS10 was motivated to get his schoolwork done so he could go play outside with friends.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:16 pm

Hi everyone! Today's focus at payroll is a new Food Bank report. At home, Elizabeth's Own HVAC may have to install a swamp cooler pump. This is easy, one plug and one water connection, but requires DD17 to monitor for falls off the roof. It is also possible that the reset I did last night cured the problem. If so, I will do some camper stuff. I have manuals now. I hope there is a way to check propane levels. I will need to fill the fresh water tank, but that looks easy.

Some time yesterday, someone backed into my car and I have a lovely new dent. It doesn't interfere with function, but I am getting tired of car incidents. I cannot report it to my insurance company, because I have had a ridiculous number of claims the past 6 months. The windshield needs replacing, but I can't do that for the same reason. Went to dance class and enjoyed it. Did some LOLs and most laundry is put away. The kitchen and MBR are ok, but not great. The living room is still a disaster. There just isn't time to clean my house and have a life and there just isn't money for maid service.

Would blessedw2's dog like a few inches of water in a baby pool? Some dogs will lay in it, especially those with even a smidgeon of labrador in them. Sled dogs usually won't, even with a demo labrador to show them what to do.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:23 pm

Hello everybody. We've been having a nice rain every day here. Everything is very green.

RRose, feel better.

LadyM, your DGD probably just has more fun at your house with all the kids around. Hope her day goes well.

Twins, our GW won't take mattresses either. Ours has brand new mattresses most of the time. I guess they don't want theirs "contaminated".

I had brunch this morning with DFriend. We used to have another friend who came but she moved away. The friend who came seems odd these days. I know she has A D, but I feel like something else is going on. I sit with her in church every Sunday, and I can tell the way she talks and moves around that whatever is happening is getting worse. Our other friend sent a letter for both of us to read together when we had our brunch... and she totally forgot to bring it. She also lives 10 minutes away from the restaurant and was late because she went the wrong direction. I don't know, she's just in lala land these days. I hope it's nothing serious. It's my experience that when people get these problems they don't usually confide in people about them. So I haven't asked. How do you tell somebody you've noticed they're acting goofy?

Ran some errands on the way home. 2 paint stores, the bank, the library (returned that huge 1,260 pg book I read which took me 3 weeks). Needed a nap when I got home. Man. The food was awful today and the service was worse. Waitress seemed mad at the world. Almost all my food was undercooked and I left most of it there. DFriend sent some of hers back to be cooked further. Not a good way to use calories, that's for sure.

Elizabeth, I need your plumbing company to come install my new toilet parts. I've been unsuccessful in getting DH to do it. I'm about ready to start watching you-tube videos.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:26 pm

Our golden boy, Moses, loved a kiddie swimming pool! Would dunk on one side then the other! No wonder he came in with a dust cloud around him later!

Would blessedw2's dog like a few inches of water in a baby pool?

BTW, I saw on Facebook that Helia's Pepper, their black lab, had passed away.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:10 pm

Tuesday
washing - bedding and towels etc - washed and away
finally - treated the mold on the veranda with a b orax solution (with some dish wash liquid). Applied some muscle. It is looking much better.

Today tai chi. My neck is complaining - probably from yesterday's effort.
So far it is sunny. I don't have the umpf to get clothes thru washing process atm …
Need to eat and dress. leave for the bus in about 30 min.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”