the middle of the week - it's a good thing: Happy Wednesday pwyc

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: the middle of the week - it's a good thing: Happy Wednesday pwyc

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:45 am

You all are really wonderful!

I am sure that having everyone home and around and wanting a summer for themselves (my guilt and not their view) has probably added to the mix. Also going crazy b 4 blood test with food (I always do - I have to learn from that- I gained 10 pds. - now the test is over I am going back to better eating) added to my body stress.
My BWP is non existent and I have to go back to it. I told my d mom and she agrees that it is better for me even though I feel horrible guilt by not entertaining her, dh etc.
I am surrounded by extremely born organized people - even my d aunt who can barely walk has a spotless house.
My d mom means well but says she wishes she could give me her will power (my d mom eats alllll the time and never gains weight - she doesn't realize it-even my brother said he is shocked on how much her little body can eat - she also had not exercised for 2 years and her dr. told her to walk and now she walked once and is saying that she has will power in that - enthusiast but not mean - trying to be helpful). what did pam and peggy used to say about their d mom : She was born with a to do list on her. :D

I changed up my routine this morning - I didn't call mom first thing - I went outside and worked before the heat of the day came in. I cleaned the filter, I fixed a couple things - I think there is something wrong with how I put it together again. I am not sure.
I filled the pool more - added bleach
rinsed out the filter I took out.
watered all the plants
I weeded a large area with my handy dandy tool - I left the the weeds on the walk, in the yard, so they can dry out before I put them in the compost. Dh took care of the bird food, I took care of the water.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:50 am

Morning...

Yes LadyM, it is hot here. Today 111*, tomorrow 112* and Friday 113*. These are actually temps not heat index with humidity. We have little of that.

I keep my home in order by keeping up my daily routines. Sometimes they get done in the mornings and other times in the afternoon as I roam around the house seeing what needs to be done.

Summers are particularly hard due to the heat and the intense sunlight which can trigger a migraine for me.

I did get my facial yesterday plus a massage for the upper part of my body which really helped my headache. Then I did a few more errands.

Worked on some genealogy and got to bed around 12:30 cause I got involved in my book.

Up for today:
Tennis
Coffee and Perry. He’s almost over
Post office
Target to finish my baby shower shopping
Cosco’s
Feed Sweetie dinner
Then off to the gym
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:14 pm

Happiest of birthday's to your dear grandson d dee!
so happy you are feeling better!
praying your dh body feels better without the water gain.
praying for your dd (migraine - goes away).

d lady You are right!
I am so proud of you that you gave yourself permission - the world doesn't end - you are so so right!
oh my goodness - stay cool and safe! what part of the country do you live again? Montana? Dakota's ? Phoenix?
praying for safety and cool places for all in your community

d Nancy hello praying the jobs are easier to do than expected.
have a good day!

Hello d harriet!
A japanese friend has that system - for cool and heat - it cost him $6k - He recommended 2 companies daikon and one with a F - definitely a SHE moment.

oops have to go.
waving at everyone

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:53 pm

Dear boy-cousin I used to call farming cousin (sort of retired) came by on his four-wheeler. He has just had knee surgery and has discovered he can ride it side-saddle and get around during his recuperation. He has also discovered that he doesn't get in trouble at home if he explains he rides to go visit neighbors. :idea: To come visit me, he is about a mile away from home as the 4-wheeler rides, so he's really stretching it, lol, but he knows I've never told on him all our lives and won't start now. As always, he is in his overalls and ball cap, there's just a new cane stuck through the milk-crate he straps to the back of the 4-wheeler! He found me in the yard, so stayed on his perch.

We enjoyed catching up, plus wonderful old stories about previous generations. He says, "let me tell you a story from before you were born." . Happy thoughts.

This does point out, however, that I can't count on every visitor being temporarily handicapped and staying outside, now can I? Sigh. Really need that focus of company-ready house. Let's get busy.

I love "Shed Kon Marie".

Ramblin' is watching Perry and all's right with the world.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:02 pm

oh my gosh I love that your neighbour did that d harriet.

hello d rose
yay on keeping your home nice with your dailies.

dog gone - have to go again. ta ta
dd younger is using my car for a hair cut appointment

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:41 pm

Home from grocery shopping and have had a snack.

I'm very tired but have to keep going.

Big family dinner tonight. So I am setting the table. The apartment is still tidy from Monday but I am running a load of laundry.

It is hot for us and DD's power is out so they are coming early.

Guess what? Angel food cakes are no longer easy to come by so I'm scrapping my planned dessert.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:09 pm

I need to get back on track. I sat down in front of the computer and I"m still here.

Setting timer for 45 min beginning at 3:15, also need to eat something fast!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:15 pm

Homeschool went well with a couple of bumpy moments. DS10 rolling eyes at me when handed an assignment result in immediate stopping to discuss expectation. Yes, it is a minor thing that every kid does, but I don't want things to snowball into major attitude issues. Homeschooling is an option that he can always opt-out of and he can always choose to return to public school. I don't know what teachers in public school do when a student rolls their eyes....probably nothing because there are too many other issues to address with multiple kids.

I saw that parents are now hiring tech coaches to help wean kids from spending too much time on screens. I'm really feeling the generation gap when I see these type of articles.

Blessed - I am located in SW Oklahoma.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:26 pm

I make angel food cakes from the mix they sell in the store. They're pretty good. If you don't have an angel food pan you can do 2 loaf pans.

Watching the weather. We're only likely to get some bands of rain, but this storm up in the upper gulf will hit Louisiana and they're showing how badly they will flood and already have. People riding around the streets in Kayaks. Lucylee might get some of this too. They're not talking about wind speeds though, so that's a very good thing.

It's only 90° here now, a bit cooler than usual. I was outside helping DH. He bought some grass seed and a narrow rake and he raked bare spots here and there and I scattered the seed.

I've been doing some painting also.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:51 pm

Decided to get at my 'focus' job from yesterday -clearing/cleaning off my closet rod. Then I kept going and cleaned off a repurposed bookcase in my closet, the floor, another narrow shelf thing with 2 baskets and the floor over our water heater. Got it all done in 30 minutes. Amazing how little time some things take. Now I can move my focus jobs up a day or two. So, now both our closets are done and 3 drawers of dh's clothes under the closets. I've also completed both sides of our bed. Things seem to accumulate sometimes between the wall & our bed. Next will be on to the dresser -have a day slated for each drawer (6) but some will surely take me little time. The top 2 drawers are pretty well filled with miscellaneous & hopefully I can get rid of some of it.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”