the middle of the week - it's a good thing: Happy Wednesday pwyc

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: the middle of the week - it's a good thing: Happy Wednesday pwyc

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:56 pm

Back from my errand dd did not return my call about our plan s this week so I made progress on cleaning out the shed and move two shelves and cleaned them up. Ioaded stuff we are not using and I think we should donate, put pkywood ontop of it. Got a couple of painting projects a bit further and closer to compleation. I had lunch & processed the mail.

It is humid here today not as fun for outside stuff.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:17 pm

Hi everyone! I am here, so you can assume I did not fall off the roof. It was another successful venture for Elizabeth's Own HVAC, I got the pump going again and did not have to buy a new one. The washrag I crocheted out of one strand scrubby yarn and one strand cotton worked marvelously on my bathtub, and needs to be applied to the stove and microwave. I think I will make more of those. My focus must be the camper. I now have the manuals and started reading the main one last night. I am making checklists of what I need to do: takeoff, landing, and stuff to buy.

At payroll, I finished the new report. Some modifications have been requested for a report THE USERS TOLD ME WAS NOT IN USE!!! I need to remove it and direct them to the proper place.

Tonight, I must go to an office supply place and get my camper manuals into a notebook. The place to get cat litter is conveniently nearby.

Harmony: I learned to take apart my car's dashboard from internet instructions. I say GO FOR IT! There is nothing like the sense of accomplishment of getting things FIXED. Keep in mind that some people (e.g. ME) do better with printed instructions than videos, and download accordingly. When my great aunt started acting goofy, we thought it was dementia. Turned out to be medication interactions.

lucylee: Elizabeth's Own Plumbing gets a kit from the hardware store to fix a running toilet. Instructions are included.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:51 pm

Finally finished the sewing group financials and got them sent off. It was important to me to get a year-to-date reality check, and I know at least 1 other board member will appreciate that report even if the others don't care. It is time for that group to think about elections for next year's officers. I told them that I am willing to continue as president and asked if all of them will stay. It will make my job much, much easier if we can keep the same team going. Waiting for replies. Board meeting is this Saturday.

The library group's board meeting is not until the 3rd Monday of the month so I do have more time to finish their reports. It is still very important for me to honor my volunteer commitments, but I no longer stay up all night doing that kind of thing.

Now I'm off to pick up the mail and buy groceries.
Tonight's focus will be on gathering trash and recycling to get those bins out to curb.

Have you considered one of the new types that are self-contained but do so much more than regular window units?

Harriet, the portable a/c unit we have in our bedroom might be one of those you mentioned because it seems a lot more powerful than our old window unit used to be. The thing is, this particular model has a vent hose that needs to be directed outdoors, and the public rooms in our house don't have the style of windows that will accommodate that set up. Now that I think of it, DMom always used to run a self-contained dehumidifyer in her house and that might be something that would help here. We run a dehumidifyer all summer in the basement but it didn't occur to me to get one for the main floor. Hmm ...

Dubbing this the Shed Kon Marie Project!

Nancy, that's a hoot and I'm going to borrow that phrase for our own shed clear out. :)

I currently have over 12K emails in my inbox.

LadyMaverick, I'd love to give you a high five for proving that I'm not the only one with a huge backlog of messages to sort! They are ... you know ... on the list. ;)

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:28 pm

Hi!

Watching a line of lightning from Lady M's neck of the woods, and Louisiana and up towards us. Thunderstorm warning for tomorrow for us. I hope so, we could use a good soaking.

We had Oktoberfest sausages on the BBQ for supper along with fried onions and perogies, both done on the stove in the house. I also shelled a bunch of peas from the garden and used the burner on the BBQ to heat them. Unfortunately, I didn't cook them enough, so they were a bit crunchy. That's better than mushy for peas from the garden as far as I am concerned.

I bought a lot of stuff at a large going-out-of-business sale yesterday. 2 complete sets of sheets for the bed, but all bought in separate packages. I bought queen size fitted sheets with king size sheets to go with them. I also bought 4 packs of blue pillowcases that came in packs of 2, so all 7 of the pillows around the bedroom and living room can have matching pillowcases IF I want them to. The shades of blue are slightly different, but it doesn't matter. I got everything that was 100% cotton either made in India or Pakistan. The original price on one sheet was $220. I got close to 90% off between "Last ticketed price" and a further 60% off of that. I washed everything last night, dried it all this morning and even did some ironing this morning before 10 a.m.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:52 pm

WTG, Cathy.

Just came back from a short walk. Very warm out but there's a bit of a breeze. At least I'm over 6,000 steps today -yesterday way fewer than that.

Looking like some thunder storms brewing here too, Cathy.

I did 2 of my dresser drawers while dh & dd were at DGS7's soccer game. Then just a little while ago I did the 2 lower drawers on the left side. Now just have the top 2 drawers (all miscellany) and the dresser top to do. Then that room is done. Well, still have to vacuum well, etc. And later toward fall will have dh open the bed for me so I can sort things that are under there. I'm already 'packing' some things that I plan to take to FL in October. Things that I probably won't use here but at least I'll know where they are if I do need them. That will complete the bathroom & bedroom. Next up will be the kitchen. That may not take me too long as I already have done some cupboards/shelves in there.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:04 pm

I had the balconies set up for visitors so have put them back to wind-safe since we are expecting storms as well.

Dinner went well.

They arrived at 2 and left at 8. I'm very, very, tired so am in my nightie now and have brushed my teeth.

Dsil, his parents and dgs arrived first. Dd was about 20 minutes behind. She called from the lobby and I asked if she needed help and she said yes. I went down and it turned out she needed me to take the baby because she was tending to an accident victim.

Someone had fallen outside the door and was injured. Dd wasn't going to stay to help but she had a diaper pad to use under the woman's head on the concrete and a clean burping cloth turned into a cold compress and a receiving blanket for under her injured arm. She was confused and spoke only French but there were two others who could also communicate with her and yet couldn't get good answers. The ETA on the ambulance was 60 minutes because it didn't seem life threatening.

Eventually, the woman's friend appeared and it turned out she just got out of the hospital which is why she didn't want an ambulance called in the first place. It is unclear if she tripped and fell or if she collapsed. Dd left when she could take back her stuff because other items had been brought.

Dgd was quite concerned that she woke up sitting in the lobby in her car seat with mommy nowhere to be seen and a whole lot of strangers around. Then the elevator ride and I was the only person she knew. She was sure happy to see daddy when we got to the apartment.

Dgs played trains and bubbles and watched traffic on the balcony. Dgd really was fascinated with the traffic as well.

Dgs also spent a long time helping me in the kitchen. He helped make the salad, arrange the crudite platters and a few other simple jobs. He never napped which meant we had to work to keep him awake through dinner.

He left here all ready for bed so hopefully slept in the car on the way home. He really wanted to stay with us overnight and figured his other grandparents could sleep in the guest room!

There's a ton of leftover food in the fridge. I'll get it dealt with when I'm less tired. Dh cleaned up the kitchen mostly and the dishwasher just stopped running.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:23 pm

H said he would go through the tools and stff I boxed up from the shelf I moved to day. H said it is a noticable difference. Glad for the positive feedback he gave me. I watered and picked a few more beans. Dishes are done.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:21 pm

DAY ONE of the 3-day blitz with dgrands has been pretty much a success. * whew * I am TIRED.
:arrow: The museum trip with the church was wonderful. A lady I barely know rode with me and dgrands -- I taught her son in school, but we have never really socialized or anything. I enjoyed her company very much and I am giving myself a POTB for managing this social hurdle.
:arrow: Dgrands LOVED the museum, so much that after lunch at McD's, when we found out the other lady was going to ride the church van back home, we went BACK for another 30-45 minutes. They had some hands-on activities that dgs just did not think he'd had enough time at before. ;)
:arrow: Home, paid cell phone bill (it had been late in the mail by about a week, so it was a relief to finally get it)
:arrow: Laundry... laundry... laundry...
:arrow: Changed the sheets
:arrow: Supper * still need to s/s kitchen! *
:arrow: Funeral visitation -- ddil went with us and then she left the dgrands and went on home

One bit of excitement -- as we were leaving the museum, I was backing up, using my back-up camera, everything just fine. Then there was a car in front of me and I couldn't move forward in the parking lot... and a dfriend backed right into me! We both jumped out and looked for damage, and she may have a dent the size of my pinky fingernail, but I don't think any real harm was done to either of us. She just sent me an email offering to pay for damages. I don't think there are any. Yes, our Tahoe is only a year old, but OTOH, the dirt on it is so thick it probably protects it from scratches. :roll:

I'm apologizing again for not replying to everyone. It's just tedious around here right now. Toys EVERYWHERE. And they are sooo LOUD, which really gets on dh's nerves after awhile -- but they are playing very well together.
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:13 am

Kitchen s/s, dh putting away dishes
Toys all put away
Baby girl sound asleep
Dgs watching Looney Tunes and drawing pictures of the scenes
.... Life is good.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”