Thursday Focused 5 x 5 PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Thursday Focused 5 x 5 PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:09 am

Yesterday was a loss as far as doing any errands or much else...

Today I am going to focus on five and earn my play time. What are your top five "hits" today
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Re: Thursday Focused 5 x 5 PWYC

Postby CathyS » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:21 am

Hi!

1 and 2 are done. Garbage and recycling.

3 is to get supper into the slow cooker. We are having chicken cacciatore.

4 is to stay home and stay safe as there is a thunderstorm warning. It's overcast and windy, so I and staying close to the house.

5... try not to spend too much time on the computer (LOL!!) ... yeah, right...
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:33 am

Re: Cathy's #5, I've already received a warning that I've gone over my daily allotment for Reddit on my phone! (I've downloaded an App that allows me to set limits for how long I use it for certain things.)

I'm up and s2s. I've already made a bad eating choice. Not a great start to the day.

There was another Amber Alert in the middle of the night. This time the children weren't abducted, they were with the grandfather who had dropped off the grandmother at an appointment and went to park the car. The alert was issued 12 hours later when he still had not been found and was assumed to be lost and confused. Apparently the police had failed to find him but I'm not sure the APB had been issued to all police departments. He was found miles away by Toronto Police. He had started in a town well outside Toronto and lives in another town well away from where he disappeared.

In this case, the Alert didn't sound on my phone (it is on silent overnight) so I found the alerts when I looked at the phone in the morning. Better, dh's phone didn't sound either. His phone overrides the silent setting for Presidential Alerts which is how Canada sends out Amber Alerts. I thought maybe I had managed to find the setting to do the override last time we were woken, multiple times, by his phone in the middle of the night but it turns out he didn't receive the alert at all. Not a big deal in this case (the missing grandfather was 300 miles from here) but because that's also the way we receive disaster warnings and those would be useful to receive in the middle of the night. Or day, for that matter, he simply didn't receive the warning.

Anyway, that's distracting me this morning. And I've done nothing else today except empty the dishwasher.

Here are my 5x5:

1. Tidy up from yesterday's dinner party

2. Government filing #1

3. Government filing #2

4. Update Quicken (I'm 7 weeks behind on this)

5. Pay bills (I'm not behind on this but some have come in.)

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:35 am

I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to shop E bates. Know I'm signed up but can't seem to get it on my computer. Will have dd help later today. She's my "go to" guru.

Bought DH a blue blazer for working as an 'off ice official' for the Orlando Solar Bears this fall. He finally tried it on last night. Fits perfectly but I'm not sure if he'll be able to fit a sweater under it.

Had another call in to dh's Primary yesterday. He took him off the one 'fluid' pill he had just prescribed -that was last Monday. By this Tuesday he'd gained 6#. Dr called him during lunch time and wanted him to take 1 extra Furosimide (Lasix) yesterday. Then today & tomorrow to take 2 of his metolazone. From this point he's to take 2 of those 3x a week. So today is an extra. This will also up the amount of potassium he needs to take each week. His ankles were swollen yesterday to the point of being very itchy. Not sure what his cardiologist (mine too) will say about all this. I see him on Tuesday for that dreaded stress test. So dh will probably talk with his PA that day if she's available. I'm very uneasy about all this continuous change in his meds. To the point I was having nightmares about it last night.

All our different day lilies have blossomed on the berm this week. I love gazing at them.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:59 am

I'm distracted by a text from dcleaning lady that her adult dson was killed in an auto accident on Tuesday night. Her dd set up a GoFundMe, for funeral expenses and I donated. Dcleaning lady is the hardest working person I know, she has cleaned for me for a very very long time. She also cleaned every other week for dmom, and she helped me clean out dmom and dsis' homes.

Focussing back on today:
-call for hair appt
-call for appt for doing mold for new bite guard at dentist
-Errands - four from yesterday plus one more
-15 min on garage
-dr appt at 2:45

That's a full day but dh is also out this evening so I'll have some play time later too. I've been stamping more lately in addition to going down the genealogy rabbit hole.

Right now...I have lollygagged and it's raining so I can't take the ddog for her walk right now. I have her cone off but I'm not allowing her out of my sight, I just need to focus enough to know if she's scratching or over-grooming.

-breakfast smoothie and meds
-s2s
-make the bed
-reboot laundry, fold two loads and put away
-walk the dog if I can at some point
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:11 am

Oh my gosh d twins. Horrible and heart breaking!!! I am praying for her!!! Oh her sweet soul.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:15 am

thinking of all of you! :D See, you put a smile on my face :D :D :D :D

I woke at 5 bc dd younger asked if I could give her a hand with waking her up just in case. She is working the sailing centre today which is good.
I have a dr. appointment - d mom has to drive me as I don't have a purse - I left it in my car that dd took (I told her she could.)
then I fell back to sleep - I was shocked that I just woke up. I miss my early morning!!! ;)

d lady - so cool that you live in Oklahoma! stay cool!!!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:22 am

Morning...

Twins that so sad abt your cleaning lady’s son.

112* here today. Need to take Willis to the vets this morning for a check up. After I bring him home I need to revisit Wally world, plus sprouts and kohl’s. It’s definitely a hat and sunglasses day for me.

Been up since 5 watching tennis. Think I’ll need to be up to watch the men’s semi-finals tomorrow at 4:00. Good thing this only happens once a year.

Next up
Coffee and half of Perry
Vet
Sprouts
Kohl’s
Wally world

I have no idea what dinner is. Two of my favorite shows are on tonight. I don’t watch much tv because I’d rather read so I am looking forward to them.

Off to feed Willis ..and then get dressed. Waving to y’all
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:41 am

Sending cyber hugs for your dcleaning lady, Twins. How the pond ripples!

Found out from DS-A Wednesday night that dear friend who died earlier this week had gained 150# since their fire department's former chief was killed in a snowmobile accident December 9th, 2018. Knew they said they needed 'lift assist' and it was hard for us to believe. He obviously had some ongoing problems that unfortunately ended up killing him. Feel so bad for his Dad (also one of our fire dept's former chiefs) and brother. No arrangements have been made so far and I don't really expect there will be for a while. Mike was also a member of our fire department and I pretty much expect there will be a large contingency from there when they do go forth. Know it was about a month after dfriend's wife died when they had a big memorial service with full fire department representation, including the trucks etc. Unfortunately there won't be an ambulance present this time. As with many of our local fire departments, they had to give up their ambulance service because of lack of responders. Just found out that the ambulance that usually comes here is no longer in service either. The Henrietta ambulance is 'covering'. I often see one of their ambulances parked somewhere nearby. It's a sad commentary on our times.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:50 am

Twins - that is so sad for your cleaning lady family.

I'm having a slow morning and soaking up the quietness. DS10 and DGD8 spent the night at DD house last night. They will be returning here soon.

DH has left to meet with another elder. They are in serious house hunting mode today since they voted last night to hire our next preacher. The preacher and his family will be moving here ASAP and will officially start as our pastor on August 1st.

DMIL doc called saying her test results showed she has C Diff again and has called in prescriptions. This bacteria is what put DMIL in the hospital and resulted in so many complications. ANYway this news postpones taking DMIL to get new dentures. DH had made an appt for this afternoon and had plans to take DMIL for the new dentures. They checked with the dentist and he won't work on DMIL when she has this active bacteria (understandably so). Her previous dentures were "lost" during the ambulance transfer between hospital and rehab facility a month or so ago. One thing after another has prevented getting DMIL the new dentures.

I chatted with amazon support about DGD8 kindle fire not charging and the cracked screen. It was her Christmas present from us so less than a year old and covered under warranty. They sent me link to a tracking label to print and attach to the shipping box. I have the label printed now I just need to get the device packed in a box and mailed.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”