Thursday Focused 5 x 5 PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Thursday Focused 5 x 5 PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:57 am

wow 112!!! wow d rose!
wishing you cool breezes!!!

d lady ah! the quiet of morning - how lovely
praying for your d mil

hello dear dee!!

I am still on my bahookey while dh is busy (yay he is able to be busy again!!!)
time for animal and my own meds.
then for routine
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:05 am

Chicken is in the slow cooker.

Our temperature is climbing and the "feels like" temperature is just under 100F right now. Thank goodness it's windy. On the other hand, it isn't a constant wind. I just looked out the west facing wind at one of the maple trees and it's completely still but the pine tree nearby is swaying a bit.

I've been outside and moved the chairs with cushions to under the pergola (?) .

Sorry to hear about dcleaning lady's son Twinsmom.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:09 am

Oh, Twins' Mom, we've heard of ((your dcleaninglady)) for a long time, along with the phrase "work her magic" you often use about the careful attention she gives. So sad to think she's going through this difficult time.

Kathryn, I take it from your post that the family was found together and okay. That must have been so frightening for the grandmother. I'm sure she was thinking, "I only let them out of my sight for a moment."

LadyM, that is a scary diagnosis for your dmil. Praying she can recover from this quickly.

I'm feeling odd that I let HRH out of my sight on a distant dr's appt. I've never missed being with him to see this dr, specifically because it's quite a road trip. But as he said, I've got lots I want to do at home today.

1) work on declutter countdown
2) set kitchen to rights after project there
3) store some clothes
4) start church Desk Day
5) errands with dd

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:15 am

Yes, the grandfather and the 2 boys were found. Not where they should have been but everything seems to be okay.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:21 am

How about we name Friday's PWYC in honor of Twins dcleaning lady. (Work Your Magic) We've heard of Twins dear cleaning lady for so many years -maybe we can do this one little thing. After all that's what we're here for, right? (Working our magic.)
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:06 pm

Aw, Twins, such a hard thing for DCleaningLady's family. How old was the DSon?

Kathryn, ever notice how everything bad seems to happen during the night? I've always noted that our storms here never arrive during the day, it's always at night.

Speaking of storms, we're getting the far bands of this tropical storm. Just last hour we had such a downpour for a long time. Unbelievable amount of rain coming down hard and didn't seem to want to stop. It finally did stop and the sun is out behind grey clouds so we will likely get more.

Not good right now because DH prepped a house for a new driveway and we've already had the fill re-distributed back to the original spot after the rain washed it away down into the drainage ditch. This is expensive weather for the poor homeowner. I'm so glad we're not in a flood-prone area.

My house is kinda a mess. I'm doing a big pupa. 5 rooms by 5 I hope.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:18 pm

Still making slow and steady progress

I took the device to post office for them to package for me. They pointed to the label that ariver provided and said it was to be shipped through UPS. The closest UPS facility is over 25 miles away so I came home and packaged it myself using materials on hand. The UPS website is currently down to schedule a pickup. I'll wait for a bit then try again. One step forward and two steps back. But as long as I'm persistent this project will eventually be accomplished.

Yesterday I texted DD and asked if DGD8 was attending public school in our little town this next year. The school just posted the schedule & supply list. School starts August 8th so its time to get started gathering supplies. DD hasn't answered me yet. This answer is a big deal because it means where DGD8 will be living for at least 5 days/nights a week for the next year.

I've updated the BIOS on my main laptop. It took a long reboot to accomplish.

I've swapped out the wireless charger stand for DH phone. I don't know if it is his phone acting up or the charger going bad. Using a different wireless charger should give a clue.

I haven't been working off my daily list today so I'm not sure where I am on it. I've taken this opportunity of not having kids here and being distracted to get some technical & oddball things accomplished.

Today is our community lunch gathering. I enjoy this monthly event.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:42 pm

Awwww, bw2, that would be so sweet! She's also cleaned for one of my neighbors and he texted me just now upset about it also. :cry:

I finally got through that round and need to get my car loaded up for errands...also should eat a snack to get me through the afternoon...
Last edited by Twins' Mom on Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:53 pm

I remember my dcleaninglady's husband dying suddenly (after she was no longer my cleaning lady) and I went and visited her because I felt strongly about that. As you said, hard working people often seem to not get the breaks in life.

I've paid the bills. That's it.

Dh is off at a movie so I have the apartment to myself.

I should eat something healthy (I've been eating the unhealthy leftovers.)

Edited in response to Twin's post.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:55 pm

Kathryn, edited to fix my meaning. I had written "not" instead of "now."
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”