Work Your Magic Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Work Your Magic Friday

Postby Harmony » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:32 pm

3rd Wash load going. 1st 2 had small flakes in them, I took off the plug for the pump and strained the water as it came out. The flakes look like silver metal but they do not look rusty. I wish I knew where the rust came from. Dee, what kind of washer did she get?

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:37 pm

Dee it has looked like rain all day, but none in the forecast until tomorrow afternoon. That's okay. It's a beautiful day out with a breeze and it isn't too humid. The scorching heat is gone and now it only feels like 79 F.

I drove out to Niagara Falls just to get ONE book. Plus I was bored. Book cost $2.90 after my 50% discount at used book store. I went into a local discount store and into a very expensive Italian grocery store while I was there.

I also spent probably close to half an hour on my stomach on the bed with the cat spread out beside me and she was purring so loudly. I think that was the best part of my day so far.

Burned a bunch of stuff.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:57 pm

Quick post to say hello since it's seems like quite a few days since I've been here. We still don't have cable tv or internet (our own). Dson#3 connected us to my Xfinity account via "Someone's" Guest connection (guess a nearby neighbor has the same company). Anyway we've been watching old tv shows through his (dson's) Netflix account.

I have managed to cuop most of this weeks posts. I like today's title for a few reasons. I was sorry to read about Helia's loss of dPepper, and also Twin's Mom's dCleaning Lady's loss of her dson. I hope Lady M's luncheon goes well with dd today. Elizabeth, I admire your philosophy on life! Enjoy your weekend camping! Dee, I'm so sorry to hear about your dfriend Di.

I'm keeping an eye on the weather as much as possible without TWC. Dson#2 still calls us every day on his way home from work to check on us and keep us updated on his dfamily. He says they have had rain every day and his grass is nice and green again. We have had rain here in north central VA almost every afternoon, mostly short lived T-storms.

Dson#2 also told me that his two girls have made the trip to No Carolina for the Highland Games this weekend at Grandfather Mountain. Dgd17-M plays pipes with their grade 1 city band; she is grade 2 in piping solo and wants to start her senior year in high school as a grade 1 piper. She needed to compete in a fairly large venue in order to advance, so I'll be thinking about her tomorrow.

We are slowly getting organized here in this "new" house. I've been going through the boxes dsons brought in here to find the things we use every day. It's not easy to use our few things in a house that is fully furnished with someone else's personal stuff. Anyway, we will adapt; I am thankful to have someplace to live! We were supposed to have tv cable and internet installed yesterday, and The Man showed up yesterday right on time. But he couldn't finish because he said there was no place to ground the wires before it came into the house and needed to access the basement. We couldn't get the back door open from the outside and the only other access is the stairway from the kitchen to the basement which had been boarded up for safety (there is no wall or door, just the open stairwell). Dson#3 and dgs17-C will come tomorrow to see if they can get the door open for us.

I am slowly learning to get around town. Today we went to the post office to mail some bills. The post office is on main street, but the only parking is on the street. After 30 some years of no parallel parking I managed to get my big suv parked in one pass amidst traffic passing by!

So Papa just woke up from his nap; I guess it's time to think about supper...be back as soon as I can. I think of you all every day!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:11 pm

(((Dee))) Such difficult news to hear and share with others about VDFriend Di.

Lunch was good. It made my heart happy to see how DGD8 and DD's guy interacting so well with each other. I got good vibes from talking with him. The 1.5-hour lunch seemed like a couple of minutes. This guy is an instructor that does a lot of international travel. His current work schedule has him alternating between 2 months teaching in India and 2 months working here.

DS10 didn't finish homeschool before we left for lunch so we had that to do when we got back home. I added in the computer class today so he is up to doing 9 out of the 10 subjects now.

DS10 and I are taking a trip on Monday and Tuesday with his 4-H group. We will be traveling 6 hours to the largest natural public gypsum touring cave in the world and then spending the night in a hotel connected to a Waterpark. DS10 and friends will play at waterpark Monday evening and then again on Tuesday until noon. I'm counting both of these days as "school".
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:26 pm

Supper was okay for me (reheated chicken cacciatore and some pasta) and "AMAZING" for dh who had cold fettucine with cold alfredo sauce covered in parmesan cheese. Dh didn't know that I had planned this for supper tonight and he was all ready to take me out for Vietnamese.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:54 pm

Busy day and only a moment to post.

I am having supper at a downtown food court with dh. Then he'll go home and I will meet up with dd and go to the Lights for Liberty vigil and leave our candles burning for those waiting for the light of hope.

Will post about the rest of the day probably tomorrow.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:29 pm

I have painted the ugly stool again with a off white color that will work. It is drying.It looks way better now!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:22 pm

Have fun, LadyM. I love caves! I saw one gypsum cave on TV, can't remember think it was Mexico or New Mexico? Crystals as big as a room but it was so HOT in there they could only stay a short amount of time. Yours looks like a lot of fun.

I am so stiff and sore from all the up/down off the floor working on the washer that I don't want to move. I was too tired to rush around getting showered and dressed to go with DH to see the movie at church we were supposed to see. He didn't want to go without me even though I told him to go. He went out and bought us hamburgers and other unhealthy food for dinner. It was delicious. :oops:

Good to hear from Sunny. I've been wondering about you guys. Parking's the reason DGS at college doesn't like his town up there. Too much traffic and no parking. Even stores with parking lots have little parking and he has to wait a while to get in some of them, also all his parallel parking on the streets come with parking meters. I get into that across the bridge in that town but I've figured out a few places I can go with lots where I can walk around from there. I guess your town has a lot of pedestrians?

Off to the shower.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:08 pm

On bus on the way home. I had a 14 min wait for any bus that would take me home. At least I got a seat. In a moment it will be full of drunk music festival goers.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:14 pm

LadyM, my VERY experienced advice is to nip that too-fast church leadership decision in the bud. If elders are not seen respecting the congregation's right to a full understanding of what's going on, they'll look around one day and the mistrust will have driven the congregation away. Of course not every church is within a denomination, but there is a REASON that denominations learned to say that time should pass as a congregation considers potential leadership changes.

Return to “Post When You Can”