Saturday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Saturday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:54 am

Trying to figure out my Saturday...what does yours look like?

As usual, post when you can and share your doings today.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Re: Saturday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:41 am

dearest Twins... Good morning!!!!
thank you for starting us.

I am trying to envision what I want my day to be:

some free time that gives me joy
tell dd younger to take her boxes up to her room
water plants
dd older is helping me with the pool as I have a problem with the pump
yoga time
simple dinner
game with d mom at our house. maybe church
dinner outside
clean car (dd younger is taking my car to the beach to visit a dear friend) (she leaves on Monday for Florida)

I envision my home straightened and ready for tomorrow. it's a busy day: baby shower 9:30 to help out, shower from 11 - 2 and clean up, bastille day party at 6:00 with d mom, dh, girls and moi
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:54 am

I'm sitting out on the balcony. Time to go inside since I have been out here for hours.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:55 am

I am so happy you have had that time for yourself d kathryn

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:56 am

it's already 9:00 am :o :D

thinking balance
what is the next right thing:
water the plants and pull my morning routine
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:59 am

After so many years of posting here, some days just sitting here and writing helps me think it through. Dh has gone as usual to Torah study, then walk on treadmill with friend, then to body work.

I'm sitting here trying to figure out what course to take, if any, at the genealogy institute in Salt Lake City this Jan. I almost feel it's as much of a social time with like minded people (and a chance to research there) as it is an institute to learn, and many of the courses this year are more specialized, so there's not one that just calls my name. I could do the writing course, but there's a second course, in the second week which is more geared to professionals, that would probably be better for me. OTOH, I like being there with a huge group and all the energy. The floodgates open up to register at 11 a.m. OTOH, perhaps I should go to the second week but overlap a bit with the bigger group and do more research? I was shorted out of being able to go to an institute this summer. Dh has asked if there was one I wanted to go to later in the summer or fall, but most of them are summer and conflict with other plans.

Plans for the rest of the day? DD wants me to come over and help her decide where to hang things on her walls. :roll: I also need to pick up my new glasses, although that could also wait until Monday. They are so busy there on Saturdays and I need to have the lenses taken out of my current frames and the sunglass lenses put in.

Whoops, just realized that registration for the second week in SLC isn't until 2 p.m. MDT today, although I need to book a hotel room earlier.

I should walk dMuffin before it gets any hotter out then I need to s2s and get on with the day!

Bw2 said:
I am trying to envision what I want my day to be
Same here.

Kathryn, I love sitting on our back patio with the dog when I first get up and drinking coffee! We both miss it in the winter, when it's too cold to stay out long.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:32 am

I'm having a lazy start to my day. I have 3 hard days coming up so I am making today a slower-paced day.

I'm not sure what I'll get into today beside the normal childcare, prep/serving meals, and daily cards.

After so many years of posting here, some days just sitting here and writing helps me think it through.

Yes!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:00 pm

Me too d lady and d twins.
writing things down always helps.

hello d lady!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:04 pm

dd older and I got coffee and took a really long beautiful ride through the country estates and woods around here. always a joy to see horses, woods, and ponds. Very relaxing and well worth it.

I could work outside but am choosing a room by room.
dh is a bit cranky bc I have the water on for a long time in front - I need to move the water in about a half hour. it will be okay.
He also said - I am super nosey (he laughed)- can you open your mail bc it looks like a check lol. I am finding that with age everyone I know has become nosier lol. I saw it w d mil, my grandparents, dh and even myself. too funny.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:23 pm

Hi!

We went to a farmer's market this morning. I got a basket of cherries for $9! I thought that was a good price. We decided that we weren't going to go pick them this year and agreed that buying one basket would be a good thing. There are numerous pick-your-own cherry farms around here, but extremely crowded on weekends with very long lines of cars to get in. To us, that isn't part of the enjoyment.

When we came back, I switched the laundry from the washer to the dryer. I've also hung up a lot of stuff that hasn't been hung nicely in the closet lately. Dh could hang a months worth of clothes on the coat tree in the bedroom I think.

Supper tonight. As far as I know, we are going out for pizza or possibly just ordering in. There is a new pizza place in town and he has one he wants to order.

I will be going to knitting this afternoon.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”