Saturday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Saturday PWYC

Postby Harmony » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:40 pm

Hello. Was going to say good morning, but I guess that has passed. I'm having a slow day too.

Working on a church letter which I'm late getting out. But it's on its way. Took me a long long time to do this one letter. I got one letter to go by but it was read only... and messing with that thing messes up my printer. Why getting the printer reset doesn't go by the instructions is a puzzle. Think it's something to do with an old printer and a new computer not meshing properly.

Last evening I spent 1 last hour on the washer. Right now it is the cleanest spot in the house! I hope this fixed my problem.

Sorry to see the storm out there upgraded to a hurricane. Cat1 isn't much to worry about here because most things are built to 150 MPH wind code, but in the upper Gulf there is still a lot of wood framed houses that are NOT safe. And the flooding is a whole other issue. They're all in my thoughts.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:44 pm

We had breakfast at dd's this morning -with DS-R, DDIL & dgs14. I walked home and managed to spend about 20 minutes stopping to talk with friends about 5 RVs away. Then got home and sat on our deck just relaxing & enjoying the view. Called the last dfriend I wasn't able to reach yesterday to tell her about the status with our' friend, Di. Finally came in here about noon.

May warm up the rest of my fish from last night for lunch. Trying to be very careful about what I eat.

Need to get back in the bedroom and sort through everything I took out of our top 2 dresser drawers. I've already gotten rid of some of it -trash/give away/give to other people. Found 2 certificates in the bottom of one drawer for shares of Disney stock that belong to dShelley's 2 dks. DDil (DS-R) gave them to each of the dgks several years ago. She said last night that they had to be converted years ago. Think I'll just give them to dgd24 and she can go from there. If they never do anything with them -I won't need to know.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:25 pm

My Basic Weekly Plan is set up for next week
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:28 pm

hello d dee Hello hello

Hello d Harmony - at least you ARE working on the letter d Harmony - that's great!
starting means getting it done!

hello d cathy! yum cherries sound wonderful!

Hello all
Happy day to you.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:53 pm

So glad to get to hear from our Lilac in J and C. Highest hopes for you and dear family, Lilac.

Harmony, I meant to tell you how disappointed I was for you that the washing machine was leaving rust stains on anything at all, much less on something you yourself made. That would be the end of my relationship with an appliance, for sure. I think you are very patient and handy. Elizabeth would be proud.

And thank you to everyone here who has mentioned that buying the newer style of front-loading washing machines is not always that important to do. I had decided on top-loading again and wondered if I was being behind-the-times. I'm not always happy with it, but that's because of the locking mechanism and the washer's oddity of locking me out when I think it shouldn't, not because anything really goes wrong to affect operation or clothes/laundry.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:13 pm

my d mom doesn't like the lock feature, they now have, either. I know they say it is for safety but what a pain in the aunt Franny
I had a front loader - it was pretty but oh the smell - it kept molding the ring (probably bc the water sits at the bottom and doesn't drain.
I hope they have fixed that by now. I would love a washer dryer on top of each other but oh that smell. lol

d harmony is very handy and very patient!!! I agree

so far cleaned the top of the washer and dryer
flip flopped laundry
emptied the dw and filled it with animal bowls, misc stuff and it is on again
water thingy moved to another area.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:37 pm

I've been poking around some research. I have verified that two of the Y-DNA matches to my Hatcher cousin descend from folks in Beaufort Co., SC around the 1820s. The ancestor that we know that had the "non-paternal event" was born about 1767, however, so that doesn't quite get me there. Then I found a DAR record of a guy with a very very similar name (Chisholm vs Chism) who was in the same Alabama county by 1830 so wondering if there's a connection there. Trouble is, I don't know exactly where my guy was born in SC. I'm not sure I'll ever solve the mystery.

--------------------------

This was earlier and I forgot to post before I went over to dd's. She wanted a consult over where she should put things on her walls; what she wanted actually was for me to hang them, but I didn't do it.

I can register at 4 p.m.,, that's a little less than 30 min away so I'm afraid to start anything I might get engrossed in.

bw2, yes, ours gets nasty and it doesn't clean up. I really need to sit down in the floor with old clothes and bleach and see what I can do, but I haven't. I would never buy a front loader again.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:38 pm

I'm working on the scanning project I need to do. Despite installing the scanner software onto my new computer, I'm missing the software I used to use and the Win10 option was a poor substitute. I will need to solve this before doing more major scanning of old docs. For now I struggled and managed to save everything from 2018 in a format dh recommended that the government won't accept. So I had to rescan those papers. The 2017 receipts were done as a pdf.

Dh is now stitching everything together into one document which I'll upload to the government. They didn't take, on faith, my charitable contribution claim. I guess that's understandable but if they look back, aside from last year, one or the other of us has claimed a HUGE amount (because we attempt to tithe.) So what was out of character was last year's not claiming anything (we had so many medical bills, the software suggested carrying last year's charitable contributions forward to 2018.)

Aside from this, all I've done is read and start the planning for a trip to Toronto for a major league baseball game with dd and family, which I cancelled when I realized the hotel would be almost $1000 for 2 rooms for 1 night. Uhmmm, no.

We have arranged to go to our minor ball team's game on Monday with dd and family and dh and I will go on Wednesday.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:12 pm

Oops I posted in the Fri. Thread.
I spot mopped the kitchen and swept also.
Wemt to a yd. Sale.
Last load of sheets in the dryer.
I pruned some lo w hanging branches in the back yard.we did not make it to lunch out, so will try for dinner.
I moved the saw-horses and thought I got shade over the plants on the south facing bed but it did not work as well as I anticapated.
Got clean sheets back on the beds.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:35 pm

hello d nancy, hello d twins, hello d harriet!

hello again.
mom stopped by for pizza and salad. (if you would have asked me that my mom would eat at my house 5 years ago I would have said this would never happen).

I still need to empty the dw
I need bring the sheets upstairs and do a flip flop

Return to “Post When You Can”