SUCCESSFUL SUNDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: SUCCESSFUL SUNDAY

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:16 pm

I did the stretches and then started the fish for dinner. Dh is doing the fries now.

I needed something to eat so am having cut veggies.

I've set up the TV so we can eat and watch Mrs. Maizle.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:28 pm

I used to enjoy farmers markets on Sat. Motning when tra eling or vestivals, now not so big on crouds like that.
H mentioned camping in a koa type cabin locally for my bday before school starts, but I countered that with a Micaels trip to near by town.
We do not not have one here.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:31 pm

The key is to choose somewhere within a 2 hour drive

This got me started by eliminating a bunch of possible choices. I'm actually finding this a bit of fun to plan instead of being overwhelmed with the choices. So far I have made reservations for DH & I to do a River Boat Cruise that is adult only. I selected a hotel and made reservations. Now I'm going to attempt to get tickets for a round trip train ride. I have an idea but I've never attempted this so am not sure I can do it. What's the worst thing that can happen? LOL don't answer that......
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:34 pm

I'm trying to picture how this would go on my wrist, Kathryn. Been picturing something like this though. Know I'm getting closer. Know I have to do something as it wakes me up either twisted & strangling me or way around my back.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:46 pm

Been trying to write down notes so I can type out just what's been going on with dh in the last 2 weeks. Want to be able to present logical data when we leave the info with our cardiologist's PA on Tuesday. Dh is being very quiet and seems lost in thought. I know he's worrying about his present situation. Hopefully our cardiologist will have some good words for him.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:10 pm

Want to be able to present logical data

(((Dee))) such a good idea. Having it written down helps to clarify what is happening.

My plan to go on a train ride didn't work out. They are booked solid all 3 days. We can do it another time.

I much prefer sleeping in our own bed since we are staying within 2 hours travel but have to go to a hotel in order to stop our normal doings. I asked DH if we could stay home and not work. He looked at me in confusion. I asked, "Can you be at home and not mow the yard or work on something?" DH thought about it and said, "Probably not". So we will stay in a hotel to force us to interrupt our normal doings which also means we have to eat out too.

The perfect retreat to me would be spending quiet time at home and eating my own food. But I don't know how to accomplish that with no kids, no company stopping by, doing no work, etc. So we will go be in a different town, sleep in a bed that hundreds of other people have been in, and eat other peoples food. I would be a terrible travel agent.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:02 pm

Hi.

Dh and I went to visit with his best friend this morning in Port Colbourne. His new black lab puppy just turned 6 months old. Dh loves that pup and is enjoying watching it get bigger every time he sees it. Dh's mom used to have a black lab and dh also used to have a lab, so he's really happy to spend time with this one. This friend had 2 very old labs when I first met him and them in the summer of 2014.

We stopped at a fry truck on the way home. When we finally did get home, dh and I both went in to the air conditioned bedroom to read. We both had a nap.

Supper... LOL!! I had some kettle corn and dh had the last of his fettucine with some pesto sauce. We had Ontario cherries for dessert.

We also managed to make a very large bowl of his mom's potato salad with hard boiled eggs. It has to sit for 24 hours in the fridge. I think dh will most likely get into it before supper tomorrow night.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:22 pm

LadyM: dh and I have gone to hotels when he's had a major writing deadline since, with limited internet (and in those days a single screen) he was less tempted to get distracted.

We also stayed an extra day in Toronto once and got all the Christmas cards done in one fell swoop. Then we drove them across the border to mail the US and overseas ones since US postal rates are cheaper and the service is faster.

It is hard to stay home and not get distracted.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:23 pm

Dinner was good and after we watched Mrs. Maisel, we watched Murder Mystery. It was pretty corny but not totally cringe-worthy which is how I usually find Adam Sandler.

Off to bed now that the dishwasher is running.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:48 pm

LadyM, I absolutely LOVE your choices. A river cruise! Oh my goodness. I've always wanted to pretend I was Huckleberry Finn! Well maybe not a wooden raft... And I thought you were going spelunking today and tomorrow! I think the thing is to go someplace different, different scenery, just get away.

I crave seeing the mountains. Any mountain. I was raised with hills all around us and this state has been ironed flat and that gets soooo boring. Cool air and hills and something historical. Nothing tropical. I brought home some stones from NC mountains. Loved that it was not just sand. :(

My friend wanted me to go with her on a bus trip to Branson and go to stage shows. I have no desire to go away to just sit and watch stage shows. Maybe I should have just gone anyway just to get away.

Toilet is flushing nicely. Sounds like a turbo jet but no leaks! :lol:

I laid down for a nap and slept the rest of the afternoon and half the evening. I don't feel worn out any more.

(Dee and DH). I hope everything is all right.

Return to “Post When You Can”