New Week Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: New Week Monday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:34 pm

Exhausted. Actually I am way past exhausted.
5 hours of driving on narrow roads with no shoulders.
2 hours of spelunking adventures
2 hours of more driving on cr*ppy roads.
4 hours at waterpark

That in itself would have been plenty to tucker me out but the biggest exhaustion factor is the A/C in my vehicle QUIT WORKING about 3 hours into the trip. We are traveling in a caravan of 5 vehicles on a fairly tight schedule so I didn't have the luxury of stopping to get someone to repair the a/c.

I finally thought of another trip I was on when the a/c quit and how I survived it. I used similar tactics today…..I got a couple cups of ice and rubbed the chunks of ice on my face and any skin area I could reach one handed (driving with the other hand). The ice chunks melted fast when it touched my hot skin which left moisture. The hot air blowing on the wet skin made me cool enough to survive the heat. DS10 said being without A/C didn't bother him. He is used to being outside in the heat for hours at a time playing and riding his bike. I am feeling my age because being in the heat for so many hours kicked my b*tt.

I have to fight the feeling of claustrophobia before going underground. This morning I had a good talk with myself and I had myself mentally prepared for the 300+ steps down into the underground tour of the cavern. After we got into the cave the tour guide says "We are doing the tour a little different because about half of the cave has collapsed." ARGH! REALLY?!!! I did NOT want to hear that I was in a cave that had recently collapsed. I had to remain calm because I did not want to give DS10 more reason to be anxious. We made it A-okay through the tour but I will be perfectly happy if I never go into another underground cavern for the rest of my life.

But even with the unpleasant moments, it has been a good day. DS10 has had a great time today and has thanked me over and over for the experiences.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to call around and see if I can get a dealership to look at the a/c in the SUV. If I can't get it fixed then I guess we will load up on ice & grin-n-bear another 3 hours of driving in the heat.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:16 pm

Oh no, LadyM! Bless you! I hope you can get some repairs done ASAP!
IKWYM re: caves! Ds wants to go to one when we take a quick day trip to some battlefields in a few weeks (in your area, Twins, you’ll know which one I’m talking about! It has Falls in it.)
It’s supposed to be VERY deep underground and I’m a little nervous. I don’t know how dh can stand it, but he’ll do better in this cave than he would in a hospital room!
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:45 pm

{Elizabeth} so sorry about Briggs. I will miss your writing about him.

LadyM, hope you can get your a/c charged at least temporarily. Some fixes take a long while though. Charging is only a few minutes.

Harriet, I suppose I'd be more upset about the snakes around here if we had chickens too. We had a baby black snake on the porch last week and we just encouraged it to crawl away by itself. I like that they're around here eating bugs and mice which are more of a concern to me. Black snakes that is. Any other kind not so much.

Yep adrenaline makes our hearts beat faster and that makes us heat up. A lot of emotional distress makes us tired also. I can vouch for that.

I went out shopping and walked from one end of the mall to the other. I guess it was good exercise for me, which is the only good thing I can say came out of that trip. Yipes. I was looking for birthday presents. Went to grocery afterwards and got a few things plus something quick for dinner. Now my legs are sore from walking on those hard floors. Bed seems like a good idea.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:07 am

(((Elizabeth))) I'm so sorry that it was Brigg's time to earn his wings.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”