New Week Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

New Week Monday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:30 am

It's a new week, we can do great things this week! What are your plans and goals?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: New Week Monday PWYC

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:55 am

My plan for this week and onward is to write down everything that goes past my lips. Hoping to get dh on board with this, mainly tracking his salt intake. It's hard because he's a 'grazer'. I need to keep track of my carbs and fats for both diabetes and my heart.

Now have our bedroom complete -going through every nook and cranny. That's not quite true as I have to sort out under our bed. Since I can't raise it myself, I'm going to wait to do that toward the end of our summer up here. Then I can put things aside that I want to take to FL to work on during the winter. I know there's some jewelry there and lots of photos/keepsakes.

Another gorgeous day out there. I started the night by sleeping on top of the covers, later got under the covers, later got up & shut our door to the outside, yet later turned off our fan, even later came out & turned off the fantastic fan in the living room, then closed the patio door, even later turned on the furnace for 1 round as it was only 65 in here (and that's cold for me). Soon it will be time to open the patio door and by this afternoon I'm sure the AC will be back on. :lol: Think rain is forecast for a lot of the week.

I have the bedroom spiffed for the day, am s2s, tested BS & weighed and now on to meds and breakfast. Turned the water heater off (it's electric but the water will stay hot for a few hours). Will do dishes after lunch.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:58 am

My energy was pretty good until I just heard from the DAR chapter registrar that they have sent me a letter for "more info" or whatever. Probably will arrive today, I was so hoping this would sail through and now I feel pretty deflated. :? I won't be home when the mail comes today, either.

I saw this earlier on Facebook, reposted from a meme...

Me: I want to do so many things today...

Brain: You can pick one.

Me: Hmmm, no, no, I'm fairly certain if I just manage my time responsibility I can do all three things.

Brain: you know what. Now we're going to do none of them.

Me: Wait.

So I'm feeling pretty deflated now. My haircut was changed to 10:30 and then I need to call and probably go after my glasses? I don't know what else... I was thinking yesterday that I could handle three goals but my brain just shut down!

Right now I need breakfast and need to walk the dog and be ready to head out in a little more than an hour.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:07 am

Snapping fingers & telling Twins' brain, "Wake up, wake up!" Seriously, Twins, hopefully your day will get better from here.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:10 am

loved that one d twins!
sending you energy and spirit to lift you during your day!

d dee I will ditto
great that you have a another beautiful
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:32 am

I am trying to climb back on track with my routines.
Last week I focused more on dailies with baby steps contiuing with that and some weekly chores one a day, plus zone work.

Got more stuff out of the shed my painting projects are coming along yea! Rethinking painting the inside of it.

Yesterday talked with h about what to haul off. Turns out he did not liscense the truck :roll: what!!! Need to rethink that he said.
Yes, or haul it off in the trailer I responded.
He was trying to save on insurance and vechile expenses.
I have shared my opinions with him on that but ... you know guys do their own thing. It takes them a minute to get it some times. :mrgreen:
He is coming around. We need one that works not two fixers. But with the caddie a/c fixed it is way better to drive this summer.
Neither of the trucks have ac in em.

I walked the ddog.
S2s x
Swept main bathroom floor & shook the rug.
Found my keys in the " other " pocket of my purse.
Went to the local market for a few things.
Vacuumed the living room.
Crock pit is going with dinner inside it.
Yea for some progress.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:14 am

I'm entering week 2 of this TheMESystem. I think last week was more productive but that's always the case when you do something new.

I'm struggling to get the house blessing done. Bedrooms are finished but I have to mop the bathroom floors in there.

There is a door (which we prop open because it is not a fire door) between the elevator lobby and us. The whole door frame is being replaced today so the noise and smell is overwhelming. That's draining me a bit.

I have to leave here around 1 to take dh to an echo cardiogram. So that will take a chunk out of my day (and I have no errands to run around there.) I'm thinking I may just park on a side street and go for a walk. And/or take my book to read.

This evening is a baseball game but dd and family plan to eat at the stadium so that means we have to be there for 6 because we have the tickets. And that we'll be eating at the stadium. It feels like so much conspires to make healthy eating impossible. At least this stadium allows you to bring in your own food so I will bring lots of veggies and tea (believe it or not, they sell coffee there but not tea.) Oh, and milk (another thing they don't sell.)

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:17 pm

Hello. Yep a new week. Despite sleeping so much yesterday I slept great all night. I didn't even get up early. Probably because DH wasn't here and the house was quiet. It's pretty noisy here usually.

Dailies done.

Desk chores were interesting. I was tired of all the stuff piling up. Got it together with post-it's on the different things with questions for DH and put stuff on the table for answers. Which vehicle was this battery for? (old receipt 4 months late getting back into the house). Did you find out why Co. hasn't fixed this statement? Am I supposed to pay this - did homeowner say he didn't already pay it? etc. etc. He is very bad with the paperwork. One thing about moving his stuff back here is I wouldn't be able to keep on top of it all like I do now... and who knows what kind of trouble we'd get into. Already 2 bills are past due because of issues like this.

Sigh... last evening after I last posted I began to hear running in the toilet tank. I've watched another bunch of videos. Adjusted 1 screw. Fixed the chain on the flapper so at least it flushes without me standing there holding the handle down. I may look for a new flapper to see if it fits better. If that's not it it has to be a worse problem, and will have to take whole thing apart and look at the gaskets. A bigger fix. So annoying. I'm ready to scream... again...

I do have a nice plumber I could call but $40 -$50 later....

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:43 pm

Dee: You can take an old ankle sock, cut the cuff off, fold it over and sew it up, leaving room to slide in the alarm button. Wear that around your wrist.
:lol: :lol: Well. Kathryn, I just finally 'got this'! For some reason I was thinking ;discard the cuff and sew the bottom half of the sock. Just finally realized you were talking folding the cuff itself over & put it around my wrist. Aha! Now it makes sense to me. Thank you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:33 pm

I'm home. I'm really upset about this DAR letter now. They are basically saying there's not enough indirect evidence to connect these people as siblings. The two bought at least two pieces of land together, lived next door to each other in 1840, named their kids the same family names and were born two years apart. There's no one else who could be the father of my guy. Oy I am ticked off beyond belief. And I bet this "staff genealogist" who wrote the letter has far less genealogy experience and training than I do.

I emailed the chapter registrar who signed off on the application with an image of the letter, I think she does the response.

I am going to nap.

Return to “Post When You Can”