New Week Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: New Week Monday PWYC

Postby Harriet » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:09 pm

So glad you found your keys, Nancy.

The "conversation" quote was great, Twins' Mom. Scientifically accurate, too.

As far as the letter - yes, it is difficult to see the problem with linking the two. Hope you learn more through the other channel.

Battle with a sorry, low-down, good-for-nothing, no-account, so-and-so of a black snake this morning that made the one ds took a photo of look like "Junior". I am so finished with them. It was truly scaring my hens :( who flew out in a panic as soon as I opened the door. That is NOT okay. It has been dispatched.

I was significantly wearied and tired, though, I am disappointed to report. I gave up on any further effort and went to the house. HRH felt it important enough as soon as he heard about it, that he went out and dealt with the carcass, and I hate that he had to, because he's easily tired himself right now. I had steel cut oats cooking on the stovetop and could hardly manage to get that brunch on the table. I wasn't myself for at least an hour and sat under the ac vent on purpose, so I must believe the heat and humidity were working on me.

HRH says a shot of adrenaline will worsen tiredness after an exertion, and fast heartbeat will make heat seem worse even after it slows down. Does this make sense? :?: Or, is he just trying to make me feel better, and am I really getting too old for this ____ .

Earlier I got the front bathroom spiffed and an extra load of laundry done.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:05 pm

Fast update on first campout with the R-Pod: definitely an experience. Of course, it took time to hook up, but DD17 and I got it. We wanted to get all set up done Friday evening when it was still light, but had to take Briggs for medical attention. While I was packing in the dark, my neighbors thought it was an intruder messing with the trailer! Glad they are watching out for me. Late departure, sway bar broke on the way, but driving is pretty easy. Set up trailer, took a while, but successful. Bed collapsed underneath me. Ran out of battery, but charged with car (I think it was trying to run AC). Ice run in car, without trailer, followed by car overboiling at campground. Went swimming because we had to wait anyway. Filled car with water and headed out, monitoring temp all the way. Had to stop 2 blocks short of friends apartment due to eminent danger of overheating, but kept it ok. Had to stop again a mile from my house for same. Possible radiator cap issue, no radiator leaks.

Called camper place about bed and was told I should have purchased extended warranty. Salesman told me if problems in first 30 days, call him. I have an appointment anyway Friday. I may have to pay for all the repairs, especially the sway bar (very likely caused by user error, which I freely admitted). I am going to get lessons on sway bar use.

Can't give more details, must run. Briggs has a vet appt at 340 and I have to get to Home City. It will be his last appointment, he will not be coming home.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:09 pm

Sending kitty ear scritches to Briggs. We will miss you.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:12 pm

Elizabeth: what an eventful first outing. Your attitude sounds 100%.

(((Elizabeth))) I'll miss Briggs.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:12 pm

Hi!

Did some unexpected running around today. Dh needed to be driven to the next town over. Then he asked me to go pick something up for him at Costco. I also watered 4 very specific plants because 1 of them looked droopy and dh asked me to water it.

Poor man did not have a good morning at work. Neither did most of his co workers. More in J&C.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:14 pm

I burned out about 12:30. Had my lunch, took dh to appointment, ran one errand and then read a chapter of my next book (a talking to young children book that dd is following.)

We got home over an hour ago and I'm still sitting here (I had sat down for the 20 minute break.)

I will work on finishing the vacuuming and mopping the kitchen floor. I also have to make up snacks for the ballpark.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:23 pm

Awwww, I'm so sorry that this is Briggs last appointment, however, it sounds like it is best for the poor little guy. He's suffered enough, whatever it is that ails him.

Emailing back and forth with chapter registrar, have also emailed my analysis and the letter to dfriend E, who is a DAR registrar also. Interested in her thoughts. I believe I've met the Genealogical Proof Standard which is what I'm used to working with, but the DAR seems to be another animal altogether.

Trouble focusing today, obviously. I'm going to go meet dd at Michaels...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:59 pm

I have made dinner & we have eaten it.
I picked some yellow wax beans, onions, and oregano.
Did the dishes.
Got left overs in the fridge.
Coffee is ready to start in the morning.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:24 pm

Supper tonight was BBQ steaks and a huge bowl of dh's mom's potato salad. Potatoes, 18 hard boiled eggs and green onions with Miracle Whip. Absolutely NO SALT! Sprinkle liberally with paprika. That's it. The hard part is letting it sit in the fridge for 24 hours before you dig in.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:53 pm

Me: I want to do so many things today...

Brain: You can pick one.

Me: Hmmm, no, no, I'm fairly certain if I just manage my time responsibility I can do all three things.

Brain: you know what. Now we're going to do none of them.

Me: Wait.

OH YES.... YES... same conversation has been taking place here for... well, for most of my life, I guess.

OTOH -- I did have some success today!
After wasting a LARGE portion of the day playing on the phone, and kicking myself for not exercising earlier, which is honestly not a realistic goal for me at this time, and NOT getting the laundry started which was one of my TOP THREE...
I still managed to pull myself together enough to * drum roll * FOCUS on my ZONE for the week: Guest room and baths.
:arrow: I did the high-low vacuuming in all but the center bath, which is the smallest,
:arrow: and I decluttered a hamper and laundry basket that ddil said she needed,
:arrow: and I found a pencil holder I'd been looking for,
:arrow: and I threw away a partially used container of dried-up baby wipes which I found under the dresser in the guest room. (Where no baby ever stays, so I don't even understand that.)
:arrow: Also did some organizing in ds's closet. Lots of clothes there, possibly correct sizes for family who had a fire this weekend.
:arrow: Then cooked supper and s/s kitchen.
:arrow: Have talked to dmom and ddil several times today... t-ball rained out... birthday cake underway (dmom is baking for ddil's bday tomorrow night)...
:arrow: Texted with three cousins, about nothing in particular -- did find out who dgs's 2nd grade teacher will be. For the first time, I have never even met this teacher, but cousins report she is "wonderful!" Two of our boy cousins had her when they were in elementary school. DGS loves all teachers, so he will be fine. Several students from previous classes are in his room again, so that's good.

(((Elizabeth))) (((Briggs)))

Elizabeth, sounds like you did great on your first camping experiment -- lots of mishaps, but as always, you conquered! Hope you don't have too much to spend on repairs.

Twins -- my goodness, it sounds like a lot of proof to me about the two being siblings.

Yes -- so glad you found the missing keys, Nancy!

EEEK -- snakes -- (((Harriet)))
HRH's explanation of heat and adrenaline, etc. sounds very reasonable to me.

Waving to Kathryn, Cathy, Dee, blessed, and Harmony!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”