Tah Dah Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Tah Dah Thursday

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:21 am

I got a lot done yesterday - lots of antiprocrastination tasks and beginning to feel caught up from the trip last week.

I'm celebrating the ta dahs of today, not the list, not the expectations, just exactly what did get done!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Tah Dah Thursday

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:36 am

I got up just before the alarm this morning - needed a bathroom trip and it was only 15 min until the alarm went off. I'm picking dd up at the airport at 9 a.m. - she took a "red eye" flight overnight so will be worn out. (She made her own flight arrangements, she needs to choose her flights on the basis of convenience, not entirely on cost, when the temple sends her somewhere.)

I've done parts of a.m. routine and walked the dog. I'll need breakfast and to finish a.m. routine when I get back.

Out the door I go!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:44 am

yay on your work d twins!!!
thank you for starting us! enjoy your day

hello all. enjoy your day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:55 am

I didn't do my daily routines yesterday - I thought I could do them when I got home but I just sank into the couch (after chatting with dh) and did nothing! The inner brat took over. I have been good with that but yesterday I ate chips on the couch - I don't eat chips. I watched tv and vegged. But that is behind me. Can't do anything about it but move forward.

I learned a lot with my drive with d mom and d aunt. I found where my d dad went to school as a grammar school child.
lots of fun - beautiful day outside.

d aunt could not get out of the car - so we didn't walk around like I usually do with d mom. Mom was off in the morning. She was worried about her heart again - I think the dr. can put her at ease - her heart rate wasn't high - she tends then to look at her monitor all day and needs to realize her heart rate adjusts to movement etc. it does not stay on number- she tends to go down the rabbit hole easily - it envelopes her and her brain can't seem to get out of it. Her heart rate was perfect. Her blood pressure was perfect.

Once she ate lunch she was much better and not stuck in her brain.
I think they had a good time.

d mom is supposed to come over to help paint the arbor - d brother thinks its a good idea. she offered last week to help and it is an extremely easy job. I will be working with her on it. So she will be here at 9:30 central time.

time for work: I plan on painting today -
I just ate breakfast so it is time for my 10 min walk
(nutritionist is having me walk 10 min after after meal - it reduces the spike in sugars).

my goal: 8:30 move 10 minutes including getting all the things together that I need to paint this morning

9;30 mom comes over
goal to paint or weed all am.

1:00 morning routine, shower, paper routine, laundry routine, put away routine
upstairs bathrooms
vacuum upstairs and dust as I missed that.

Leave at 4:15 pm for class

Believe in myself.

I haven't done my knitting and my class is tonight
oops.

HAVE A WONDERFUL TA DA THURSDAY EVERYONE. JOY TO ALL OF YOU!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:21 am

I got my Journal promt tweaks up in Aug. Card file thread.

Today's mojo "The secret of success is focus of purpose. Thomas Edison"

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:34 am

I just now posted the August Joys & Concerns. Didn't get it done before I went to cardiac rehab. I was really looking forward to going & I'm not disappointed. Actually the nurse who will be my 'go-to' person and did all the pre-interview and testing knows our DS-A. Her son & our dgs7 play hockey together and play soccer against each other. She asked if she could tell DS-A she is my nurse at rehab. (Hippa laws ;) ) I don't mind at all. Dh went with me today to make sure I did okay the first day. Only did the warm ups and 3 of the exercises. BS has to be measured before & after the exercise routine, weight recorded and BP is taken before, after & about 3 times during exercise.

Came home and dneighbor had installed the PVC pipe from our water on the back side of our RV to the steps by our deck. Now I can just go outside & not even go down on the grass (this is probably a good thing as when it rains heartily, it floods toward the back. Didn't think of that before. He had it done in less than a half hour. The water I've been getting for the last several days out of their spigot is SOOOO much better than the water coming through the hose/pipes of the RV. Water was tasting 'musty' and this -just plain clear! Before he retired he was a plumber so he had it done in no time -Dh didn't even have to help.

DD called just as we got to our car at rehab. She was in Maryland and had just gotten gas -$2.59. Getting much better mileage in her new jeep latitude. Did ask dh to go over and turn off her AC. She forgot to do that. Thankfully that wasn't us -though it would be the furnace for us. In fact he JUST came in as I typed, to get her keys.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:20 pm

Dee - What good news for the start of cardiac rehab! I'm so glad you have good medical professionals to work with.

My day started with a phone call from DBro. He just needed to talk some things out.

ta dahs of today, not the list, not the expectations, just exactly what did get done

I like this!!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:44 pm

Hello! We have been having such storms every day here. They seem to be centered right over our house...or so it sounds... last evening just about dinner it stormed bad again. Such lightening. It's doing it again now so I'll shut this all down in a minute.

I was so sleepy last evening, slept good and woke early. After getting up a bit I went back to sleep for another couple hours. All the work catches up with me.

Got started in the kitchen. So far 7 can lights and 2 small hanging over the island and 1 hanging over the kitchen table. I had several places on the ceiling to do also. I did the top of the refrigerator while I was up there. Whole rest of the kitchen needs done, all the tops of the cabinets and the stuff I have there. I don't have a lot of stuff up there, a few decorative bottles, a canister, a few baskets and the big fancy bowl and turkey platter on tripods. That sounds like a lot but my kitchen is big and there are still lots of spots with nothing up there.

I can't believe the dust. I knew I hadn't done this work recently. With my eye surgery and recovery and who knows what else happened...I haven't been keeping up this kind of work.

I never read anybody saying they're washing light fixtures, ceiling spots, fans, etc. Do you all just do this stuff as part of your focus work in each room? Once I get the whole house done again I will probably go back to doing a few rooms at a time.

I am doing the a/c vents as I go around too; the cold air returns get done when I change the filters. My ceiling zone is a big one!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:47 pm

Went out for walk. Only was able to do about 1,100 steps and am now back in the AC. I'll try again later for at least another 1,000. Bit by bit I guess. My legs/knees were pretty wiped out.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:09 pm

Actual TADa's -
** Made lunch for DS10. DH had a late breakfast and isn't ready for lunch. I didn't eat breakfast so am having my breakfast jar for lunch.
** Teamed up with DH to stuff/seal 80 envelopes to give to kids at church to help with their school supplies.
** I called about buying tickets for bach concert. I got voice mail so I left a message.
** Today is the start of a new season of Fortnites. If you don't know what that entails then I think that is a perfect fit for "ignorance is bliss"
** DFriend dropped by to visit.

DMom has decided that yesterday was her last time going to WM. The physical part of walking that distance almost did her in. DMom is not willing to use a chair. Yesterday I made it as easy as possible by dropping DMom directly in front of the WM entrance so she was closer than handicap parking, but even that distance was almost too much for her. So now DMom has decided she will send a list with a family member to buy her WM items. This may sound like a simple decision but DMom is fighting hard to hang onto every single aspect of her life that she can do herself and not depend on anyone else. I admire her for that.

Harmony - I don't do all ceiling items in all rooms at the same time. The ceiling items are included when I deep clean a room. I like to remove everything from room and start at the top and work my way down to the floor. I applaud the way you get things done. BWTG!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”