you Can't do it all Wednesday - and it is okay!!! PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
BookSaver
Administrator

Re: you Can't do it all Wednesday - and it is okay!!! PWYC

Postby BookSaver » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:22 am

Good morning, villagers ~
I thought y'all might be getting bored of my construction reports but I cuop from yesterday and Harriet asked, so here it is:

Day 10:
3 sides of the house have the new siding and window trim, but that crew had to stop mid-morning yesterday because they caught up to the porch guy.
Porch has deck, floor, posts, and roof. The Man said he plans to finish porch sides and build steps today, but he needs the county inspector to sign off on the roof rafters before the ceiling can go up.
When porch guy is done then siding crew will do the front of the house. (Well, they are out there today trying to work at the same time as porch guy; I am staying indoors out of the way so I don't know if they're cooperating.) Siding crew will also finish the porch by wrapping the posts with vinyl, installing rails, and covering the ceiling as well.
A roof guy will come back to shingle the porch roof.
Then will come soffit & fascia all around plus gutters & downspouts.

This morning when I went out to tell them that I turned the breaker back off for the front porch (assuming they would be pulling that wiring through the ceiling some time today), the guy asked if I had bought a light fixture for it. I didn't know that I was supposed to do that. It's a good thing that I hadn't bought one yet, though, because he pointed out that the new porch ceiling will be several inches lower than the old one. I'll have to find something that the screen door won't crash into. :?

The challenge is that I'm pretty much trapped here since as I explained before, they are plugged in to my kitchen outlet with the back door propped open. I can't leave to go buy fixtures (back door & porch) because we don't have a hardware store here in TinyTown so that would mean a long trip to TheBigCity. DH said not to worry about it as he can install the light fixtures himself.

Every day I get up early, put on clothes/makeup immediately, move my car to a public parking lot a block away, and walk home. (I've actually been enjoying that early morning walk very much and want to continue doing that as long as the weather will let me. 8-) ) At 7:00AM they arrive and I plug in their extension cord. Every now and then throughout the day they pop the circuit and I need to run downstairs to flip the switch back. When the siding crew works all day, they stay until 5:30PM. I'm finding it a bit frustrating to have to be "on call" for that many hours every day.

Last night after supper I made a run to Sam's because I knew I could get in and out of there quickly. I wanted a set of inexpensive shelves from there for today's decluttering project, plus we were out of milk, bread, butter, and lunch meat. 1 stop shopping and it made me feel better to get out of the house for a couple hours.

I don't know how many more days this construction will continue. It's already gone several days longer than the guy who bid it told me it would be. I am assuming they will take this entire holiday weekend off, which will be a huge relief.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:42 am

remove all of the skin to bring down the carbs for dh,
I believe (but don't quote me, Cathy) that the skin is fat which would also be a good reason to remove it.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:55 am

Yeah Cathy, he can do that too! I've been getting a rotisserie chicken once a week and pull it all apart to use for sandwiches and in cooking. I do dispose of the skin, bones and gristle of course but mix the dark meat (which is more flavorful) in with the rest. If I have too much it goes into the freezer in 3 oz portions.

I've walked the dog and then an extra lap too. Our sunshine has returned with low humidity. When the sun came out yesterday afternoon, the air was so humid it was oppressive.

I did so much laundry yesterday that I'm in good shape for today. I'll need to do a little more tomorrow before we leave but I'm not behind.

Today is errand day:
-groceries
-drop off library book
-pick up meds refill
-go to vet for dog food
-Ulta? Make up?
-residential refuse center - drop off old plasticy broken Adirondack chairs
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:56 am

heading out - forgot to tell you some blessed news from last evening. dh and I have a brand New great niece. She is beautiful and oh my gosh how special. have a wonderful day dear ones.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:10 am

Glad I made it here ... had a heck of a time signing in.

Plan to take off to the gym in awhile to use the treadmill to get my steps in.

After that I plan to get a much needed pedi.

Lunch with friends was wonderful as usual. Made plans with one of them to have lunch with her tomorrow because our other friend needed to vent over her caretaking of her parents and we didn’t get a chance to visit with each other.

I have no idea what I’m gonna fix for dinner tonight.

Have a merry Harmony and Lucylee. Enjoy and make time to celebrate your day. Cake snd/or ice cream are in order.

Five years ago I started buying a piece of cake and a single serving of ice cream for my birthday. One of the best things I’ve ever done for myself and now I look forward to it every year!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:22 am

Just saw Twins post abt the store bought chicken. I used to do that all the time.

Here’s something you may not know... most grocery stores plus Cosco’s sell rotisserie chicken meat that is pre-packaged. It’s usually found around the deli meat but you may have to ask someone in the deli where it is located.

The stores take the meat from the cooked chicken that doesn’t sell and repackage it. I think I pay around $12 at Coscos for 2+ lbs of clean chicken. My other grocery stores are doing the same thing.

Since the meat is fresh, I do like Twins and divide it up and freeze it. However I use so much chicken throughout the week, only abt half of a full package gets frozen.
Last edited by Ramblinrose on Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:23 am

Nieces are quite special. Glad for her parents & for you.

Now out to fill my 3 water containers -2 very old T upperware ones and a 1 gallon water container. Then I'll fill the ice maker, the coffee maker & refill my B rita pitcher & get more water. Then I should be good for 2 or 3 days. So grateful for dneighbor putting in the outside faucet with pvc pipe. The taste of the water is Sooooo different from the faucet. And it's all from the same city/county water. Go figure. Neighbors on other side put a new hose connector to their RV & still get that taste. So they bring water from home for drinking/cooking. I'm grateful as we don't feel the need to buy water. We'll have enough of that when we get to FL. We always buy water for drinking & cooking since they have (treated) sulfer water. Smells ok with treatment but can't get our brains past the thought.

What a good idea, RR. I'll have to remember that in the future. Dh and I could even split it, I'm sure.
I have no idea what I’m gonna fix for dinner tonight.
Well, I did know but then dh came waltzing in with a large container of chicken noodle soup, another large container of lasagna and a loaf of delicious bread from a special bakery toward the city. (From our 'cooking friend'. Can't believe the food he brings us. I had planned a zuchinni stir fry with onions, peppers, potatoes & some hot dogs. Trying to limit myself on the dogs for sure. That'll wait for another day (she says hopefully).

I do want to clean out the fridge before I put that stuff in there. Bought a small lazy susan at A ldi's yesterday. Going to try putting that on a shelf & put all my condiments/dressings on it. Then use the door for some of the other stuff. Will see how that works. Also bought a divided clear container to put on top of the bookcase in my closet. But, found it also fits on the little shelf on my side of the bed & I put various things I might need from the bed in that. Perhaps I'll buy 2 more tomorrow & put one on dh's side too. Sure does organize things (& we're all about that aren't we! :mrgreen: )
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:23 am

RR, I've asked dh to look for this when he's been at Costco and he says they don't sell it here. I know I saw it once, but it sounds like he needs to look again!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:25 am

dh and I have a brand New great niece

Blessed - Congratulations!

My morning feels very weird. The first part of it was normal in that I got DGD8 ready, fed and taken to school. But then.......I have a wide-open schedule until this evening.

I have been slowly working my way through today's routine tasks. 23 are completed. 14 more to go.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:34 am

Twins....it’s usually usually found on the perpendicular side aisle to the right end of the meats after where the pre-made dinners and salads are. __|

Tell your DH to ask a deli person where it’s located if he can’t find it. Your locale grocery stores may be doing the same thing. All mine are including Sprouts so make sure to ask someone. Check dates on the packages for freshness as well

Return to “Post When You Can”