you Can't do it all Wednesday - and it is okay!!! PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: you Can't do it all Wednesday - and it is okay!!! PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:38 am

rotisserie chicken meat that is pre-packaged.

Sam's does that here. They sell multiple rotisserie chicken breast in a package. Ditto on the dark meat. That is our preferred way of buying the rotisserie chicken. This prepackaged rotisserie chicken can be found in the refrigerator section with the ready-to-eat meals.

I have found it interesting the difference in the size of rotisserie chicken sold at different stores. The $5 rotisserie chicken at WM is about 2/3 the size compared to the $5 rotisserie chicken at Sam's.

I use canned chicken too and always make sure the pantry is stocked with it. DGS22 thinks canned chicken is horrible but we like it. I find it somewhat amusing that DGS22 absolutely loves my dishes made with canned chicken. He has never noticed the difference when I use canned chicken or the rotisserie chicken.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:54 am

Already on page three! I need to get off my bottom and get moving...
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:58 am

Me too Twins!!!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:53 pm

Ta da, ta da, ta da!!!! Remember that key fob I've looked for the entire 3 months I've been up here? I kept telling dh I had sent it home with him. He insisted I didn't. Today I was putting back the keys to the laundry room & was about to shut the cabinet door when something caught my eye. Hanging on that high up peg was a KEY FOB!!! Had to let it 'register' and took it down saying, Oh my gosh!!! There it was -exactly where dh had hung it when he got up here the end of March. I've looked in every spot possible, but it was hidden under those other keys which I haven't used until today. Boy, does that feel good. Dh was looking a bit sheepish. :lol: I KNEW I gave it to him when he came north. :mrgreen: :lol: :D :shock:
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:23 pm

Alrighty! I think I am done in preparing DS11 for the airplane trip next month. I have succeeded in showing him every aspect I can find. His anxiety on traveling it is low and he is approaching boredom with the whole process. I did read on one of the autism groups that earplane earplugs that reduce the pressure change should be used, so those have been ordered. I thought about making arraignments to preboard DS11 but have decided against it. We are traveling with a dozen people that he has known since birth so I think staying as a group will be better for him.

Looking for Recommendation - Do you have a favorite duster? I want one to quickly dust around the edges of the ceiling, baseboards, ceiling fans, light fixtures, etc.

Dee - BWTG!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:53 pm

swiffer with extension wand here, LadyM.

but if I'm vacuuming and notice something's needed up high at that moment, I just use the vacuum's wand into corners of ceilings and keep moving.

Happiest Days are wished to our special special villagers, lucylee and Harmony.

Today I've done my pet store errand and brought that home, then out to lunch with friends from church, etc., running into some of HRH's family at the same time. His dear uncle did not see me, but heard my voice and told his dd and dgd, "That's Harriet." And stood to come greet me. (smile)

Not a lot of decision-making but much discussion I'm glad I could be part of for the sake of the church. Several things I knew off the top of my head, plus I learned about checks I'll have to write as payroll for the next couple weeks.

One piece of decision-making otherwise was that my talk in front of the Bible study group has been postponed a week until the tenth. We had 4 potential decision-makers present for that including our facilitator, and I agreed there was compelling reason to postpone, even though I'm disappointed. Just too many have reported in that they are trying for a last-ditch vacation before autumn, and will be away.

Picked up that restaurant's two kinds of take-out slaw for meals upcoming. A help.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:00 pm

I do not eat slaw bc it has sugar in it 99% of the time.
Sheets are back on the bed I folded the other load.
I forgot oil and salt in a recipe and it tasted fine.
Got a shelf painted.
Move the dresser our of the carport in to the shed.
Looked up a recipe to see if it had cinnamon to know if I could use it for dgd to eat she cannot eat cinnamon, it does not have it yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:23 pm

Nancy, I agree, and it doesn’t taste good anymore.

Got in my round of errands and home again, so feeling pleased w myself. I stopped at Home Depot for annuals to refill dFriend M’s planters by her front door. She and her dh get in sometime tomorrow.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:35 pm

Hello everybody and thank you for the birthday wishes. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LUCYLEE! I'm wondering where Sherinjoy is these days.

I'm so far behind these days. Desk was a wreck so I tackled that for the short time I had...it's coming up on the end of the month so I had those chores to do and bills to pay and lots of filing things in their proper places. I got some of that done but not all.

At 11:00 we went to next town to a medical seminar / lunch that DH wanted to attend. I'm not sure how helpful it was, but interesting. It was nice to get lunch along with the information. We made an appointment for DH next month with another place to see what else they have to say. It's the newest thing being done for ailing joints....

His Dentist apt was cancelled, and then time changed 2 more times...now set for tomorrow. We just seem to have so much going on these days.

We stopped at VA clinic on the way home to get DH finished his registration. We started this several years ago and never finished the process. They took his picture which should really be something because he hadn't shaved and he has that big scab across his nose...I'm sure it'll look more like a mug shot. :shock:
Now he has to go to the medical clinic which is another hour away from this first place.

I'm on to the next thing. Dishwasher needs unloading. Well DH pulled everything out but left it all over the counters because he can't reach up into the cabinets..so the kitchen looks like a train wreck.

Storm path has changed, we are unlikely to get it here but still I am wary and keeping my eye on the changes. It's always something happening.

Not a big celebration here but there is a nice chocolate cake to eat (just what I really needed to show up today :roll: ) I wish it didn't look so good.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:37 pm

I forgot oil and salt in a recipe and it tasted fine.

This happens to me often, especially if I've not eaten a lot of salt so far that day. I think you can grow used to less, and it doesn't take too long.

This place has what is called "barbecue slaw", though it's a mustard, rather than vinegar-based one - yellow. That is definitely a favorite with HRH, although dd and most guests seem to like the other, which, you're quite right, seems sweet-tasting to us. I've just about given up on restaurant meals being good for me - the most I hope is that they balance out without harm.

Made a cake of cornbread so HRH could have some with his beans and onions. Since I was able to pick up cat food on the other errand, I can postpone grocery for a day without problems.

Have been asked from several directions to please attend this evening at church. Usually at one home or another, it's there tonight. I may go, especially since it won't be long until Wednesday evenings are impossible for me.

Return to “Post When You Can”