Friday Mystery

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
BookSaver
Administrator

Re: Friday Mystery

Postby BookSaver » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:16 pm

The project scheduler called around 10ish with an update. The porch rails couldn't be done because there are missing parts, so that will be finished sometime next week. Gutters and downspouts will be installed Wednesday. The dumpster will be picked up tomorrow morning. Leftover siding materials will be picked up today if there is a truck available, otherwise Tuesday. It's all good.

No nap yet, I keep thinking of one more thing I want to do before taking a break.

I tried on my wedding outfit possibilities and pinned in the darts needed in the waistband of the new slacks. They have wide legs in soft fabric, so when the waist fits better they will drape nicely. Narrowed down the choice of blouses to 2, and I can decide which at the last minute tomorrow when I check the weather forecast again.

Texted DSis to let her know we will be transporting DMom to the wedding. They want DMom there 1 1/2 hours early for photos. I guess after photos we just hang out in the park shelter until the ceremony. 8-)

Laundry is gathered, sorted, and first load in the washer. If I can do 4 loads today we will be in better shape.

Half of the dishes are done, the rest are soaking.

I know I did more but I was on autopilot and don't remember what I did.

Lunch will be quick pepperoni pizza using a naan bread for crust. Oh, and the oven just dinged, yay!

Nap after lunch, insert more joyous yay! :)

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:46 pm

The sore throat was gone this morning, Blessed.

DD just texted to tell me that they will have no school Tuesday or Wednesday -of course they already have the Monday holiday off. Was just reading, Harmony, that they pretty much expect the impact to be bigger at least into Polk County. Hoping you get very little. But did see that because it's slowed the impact will be greater and they're anticipating at least up to level 4 by the time it hits FL. So all of you who happen to be in its path or have friends/family -praying for safety above all.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:11 pm

Dee, hoping your family is ok in FL. I don't think we'll get much, but we continue to watch. I have one DD in Seminole county and 1 West of Orlando a bit in an older house with an aging roof. So I'm concerned for them. I'm glad you are feeling better.

And I am doing my usual storm prep. I try to get things cleaned up around here, and depending on the weather reports I will be bringing in porch furniture, etc. I won't do that if they're sure the storm is heading north instead of west. They just don't know yet.

Last evening the a/c quit working again and I hated to do it but I woke DH up. We got out to the shop and he went up big ladder and fiddled with that float switch again, we went outside with flashlight and vacuum and sucked out the line again...something is evidently stuck in the line causing this. Got the system going and 10 minutes later it stopped again. Another trip up the ladder and this time DH changed the angle of the one pipe and that must have worked because the a/c is still working. I stayed up till very early this morning, going over to the thermostat and seeing if it was still working... fell asleep on the couch about 4:30am. So I am very tired today.

Doing a bit of a conga here. I have 1 LOL going and 1 done and hanging up. DH is doing yard work and cutting to get ahead of rain coming. I don't think you could pay me enough to go out to a store right now...

Booksaver, I'm glad you have a work schedule and they have a plan for finishing.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:25 pm

I am back from a couple of errands. It is warming up and muggy out. Droppoed off donations, & got a few finds at the thrift shop and one item at a yard sale for my holiday prep. Found a round platter for dson to go with his set only 60 cents. I will put rolls or something on it for him & dgd. A basket for mini pumpkins & falls stuff. A loaf pan. A wooden dish to paint possibly.

Dinner is over and I cleaned up afterwards.
I watered the beds in the yard.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:41 pm

Hoping none of you get much of anything from Dorian, Harmony. Actually where dd teaches (between Davenport & Clermont), she can see Disney out the back door of her classroom. But she lives about 38 miles away in western Polk. Their school is only 3 years old so it should be built to withstand most wind I would think. Hope your dd's place stays safe if it does come that far west.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:19 pm

The parade was iffy until the last moment. The rain stopped but it kept sprinkling right up until parade time. I am happy for the kids because they would have been super disappointed after the anticipation. ANYway. The parade was a success.

I saw a picture of how a truck driver prepares for the hurricane. I suspect it is satire....however I have never prep'd for a hurricane so I am only guessing.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:26 pm

Bookie, I hope things work out okay with the contractors -- that is annoying when they give you no notice of what's going on and they obviously have unfinished business. Have fun at the wedding.

LadyM, I hope your weather holds off till the parade is over. I wasn't even thinking about it being a holiday weekend when I asked about the parade, LOL! We will "celebrate" Monday with the annual picnic/politicians/musicians event here. The highlight is the homemade chicken stew they make and sell. We kinda look forward to the stew all year. (We don't have a very exciting life, do we? :lol: :lol: :lol: ) DS will be out of town so we probably won't stay as long as we sometimes do, but we'll go and eat, buy our gallon of stew, listen to politicians give their speeches, listen to some local musicians, and renew some old acquaintances. This used to be a huge event -- the governor has been known to make an appearance, even -- but in the past years, it has really dwindled down in attendance. Also, ALL of dh's family used to attend, but since his parents' generation has died out, we don't see nearly as many people that we are close to.

Yes... keeping an eye on the storm for all our SHEs in the area, and for my dfriend there. (She said they had a hotel in GA for Sat-Tues, but she was concerned about traffic getting out there.)

Off to run a bunch of errands... Pay day... It comes in, it goes out... :roll:
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:38 pm

Well one could hope, LadyM. Usually though if the roof itself doesn't go, the high winds can play havoc with the shingles. DD had a new roof put on about 4 years ago or so. When they had an issue this last year she was told, "You do know if a hurricane occurs in the interim, that voids the warranty, right?" And they had one last year.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:36 pm

Hi!!

Dh just got home for the long Labour Day weekend.

We are having Aloo Gobi for supper. (cauliflower, potatoes and tomatoes with cumin seeds and turmeric and garlic) We are also having pork ribs that I boiled on the stove and then I drained them and poured a bottle of tandoori sauce over them and put the lid on and stuck them in the oven on low heat. I'm not making rice or Naan bread because they are both on the naughty list. I only put 2 potatoes into the Aloo Gobi. Normally there are 6 or more potatoes.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:05 pm

DD just texted that they're now 'prepping' for Dorian. The guests they were to have went to Valdosta, GA instead. She said yesterday when she came home I-4 after work that all those very high lights had been lowered to about 10' off the ground. Did you know they're on some sort of pulley, Harmony?

Return to “Post When You Can”