Friday Mystery

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Friday Mystery

Postby lucylee » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:02 pm

Finally. Done with the church minutes. Typed and emailed to preacher and church secretary.

DH does want to go to the ballgame. He still is dealing with this odd pain behind his left breast, but he wants to go, so we'll be leaving in a few minutes.

Sending lots of good wishes and prayers to your dd, and you Harmony, and blessed's dd -- anyone else I'm leaving out in the red zone? (((HUGS)))
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:46 pm

I've pressed about a dozen leaves from the ash grove. Unfortunately, we had had no idea, as it leafed this past spring, that it would die before another spring. By now the leaves were not small and fresh any more, plus most fell because of the quick death. But some of these are okay. They say sometimes a bit of new growth comes from the stumps the following spring but can't amount to anything. I will watch for any of its last few leaves then.

Also I've walked the debris and started a mental plan for making some walking sticks (thought of Nancy while planning that) and small-quilt hangers. What the boys might decide to do with some of the trunks, I don't know, but I'll let them know I'd finance ideas they may have - I may suggest they make a tabletop. Normally, you would just think to yourself there will always be another tree, but of course this is different. Even if this grove hadn't been special to us, no one can just grow another Ash.

Dd39 sent a video of her boys doing a "documentary" of touring the house they moved into not far from their old house. We enjoyed watching them happily showing off their new "digs", with large yard and more space. Dsonil hurt his foot building a fence for the dog, so they were at ER today, but x-ray shows it is not broken.

Thinking of villagers and their extended families who may be in the storm path.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:00 pm

Those are all great ideas for preserving the remains of the trees, Harriet. Good thinking.

We are home from the ballgame already. We were behind two touchdowns after the first play of the second half, and we both needed to use the restroom. So we just came on home and we’re listening to it on the radio. Along with Braves baseball on tv and the Grand Ole Opry on a different radio. LOL.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:16 pm

Harriet, walking stick sounds like a wonderful idea!
I want deviled eggs this weekend so I need to get them boiled.
Still not 100 % so a low key weekend here.

Return to “Post When You Can”