Friday Mystery

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
BookSaver
Administrator

Friday Mystery

Postby BookSaver » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:26 am

Will there be any building crews here today?

When I got home from work last night, I found the siding crew had taken away their trailer, ladders, scaffolding, etc.
But ...
There are still lots of bits & pieces of finish work left to do, and they left stacks of materials here and there.
There is still a large dumpster in the driveway.

But ...
It's almost 9:30 and no sign of anyone coming to do the gutters or anything. No Email or phone messages.

It's a mystery.

BookSaver
Administrator

Re: Friday Mystery

Postby BookSaver » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:29 am

Of course, we're starting the long Labor Day holiday weekend and I totally understand if they don't want to start a project that can't be finished today.

I'm not going to bother calling the office. I'll just give them until 10 and if no one comes, I'll go up and take a much-needed nap. If there's no word by 1:00, then I'll know they aren't coming and I can go move my car back home.

My #1 priority for today is to make sure I have everything I need for DNiece's wedding tomorrow. I bought new slacks but they need to be taken in at the waist. I have to decide whether or not to wear spanx with them. Need to check the weather forecast to see how hot it will be. That will determine which top I wear. I have 3 options and will be fine with any of them.

#2 priority for today is to catch up laundry.

This evening I will clean out my car in case we end up driving mine tomorrow to pick up DMom instead of using DH's car. He prefers to drive his car but he currently has his packed full of a variety of stuff. I don't know if he'll have time to clean it out.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:05 am

Bookie - Thanks for the start. You have a lot going on! BWTG on doing some prep & planning.

The mystery here is whether the thunderstorm and rain will pass before parade time.

Today I will be working on deep cleaning the Fun Room Bathroom. It is the bathroom that guest uses most often so it stays looking okay on the surface, but it has been a while since attention has been given to the details. I get inspired & motivated by watching videos (youtube) on how to do bathroom cleaning. Yes, I know that is probably weird and time-wasting, but I can't argue with how it motivated I am after watching them.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:22 am

I love a good mystery.
d thank you so much for starting us d book!!!

hello d lady

hello d everyone

dd younger received a lovely gift of airline tickets from dd older so she can evacuate from Florida. Hopefully with all the traffic she will make it to the plain on Saturday.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:41 am

Back from my walk.
Made up cookies for tin h. Puts them in for his lunches, froze half of em.
Cooked up meat for a dinner recipe.
Had breakfast.
"Found" the kitchen counters this morning yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:41 am

((((Florida SHEs and family)))) Sending calm thoughts and wise actions as you prepare.

DD's plan was for DGD8 to spend the weekend with her. ~~~waving goodbye to that plan~~~~ For whatever reason, DD is dropping DGD8 off here in a couple of hours. I don't ask questions but just open the door and welcome DGD8 into a safe place.

I'm slowly making progress

SHE card stats -
** 16 Finished today
** 19 Due today
** 2 overdue
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:57 am

I don't ask questions but just open the door and welcome DGD8 into a safe place.
Good for you and that seems to be working. Know you're being such a great influence on DGD's life.

Got back from cardiac rehab just a while ago -posted in J&C ( a praise) about that. Now it's time to get dh's lunch ready. Then it'll be on to planning the rest of my day. Didn't get anything done before I left this morning. Was seeming to be pretty tired but feel pretty good now. I did 'sort of' make the bed so really need to finish that up too.

D neighbors left for Orlando/Sanford yesterday. She said they boarded & sat for an hour then were told to take their stuff and leave the plane. At 2 they were told they were sending a different plane (better than flying on one that might become disabled for sure). That plane arrived at 3:30 and they finally left at 4:30. She was so sick before she left that all she wanted was a pillow & a blanket (which are no longer furnished evidently). Hoping she finds herself improving today.

I actually woke up during the night with a sore throat & not feeling all that well myself. But today I seem to be fine. I had taken Tylenol when I went to bed and again about 2/3 o'clock. Was so fearful I was coming down with something.

Dishes in the drainer need to be put away -after lunch. I'll be back.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:06 pm

I am so happy your dgd has a safe place to go = to you!

I have been having trouble sleeping at night and for two nights I used benedryl. Yesterday I decided it might become a habit and I needed to just work it out and it was hard but necessary.

I put everyone in my family (mom included, d brother, etc.) on a no text or phone call time for me for a couple hours. I needed it especially as dd's were texting each other until 12:00 (with me included). I keep my phone on for emergencies with d mom.
After being on call and visiting and doing a lot for others this week I needed it.
I woke on edge and decided I needed a mental time out. 8-)

dh took care of making a pre op dr. visit - mom's paperwork came in for her surgery next week and I have to fill that out but will do that later today.

Today is supposed to be zone day but I will add anti procrastination to it as that day went sideways out the door. It's okay!

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

I am going to get started. Mom wanted to go out for lunch or anything but I had to say no.. she was okay with it but I know she wanted to go out.

alright - time to get back to what needs doing.
take care!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:07 pm

d dee - hope you feel better - praying the sore throat goes away.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:07 pm

I have to smile - I told d mom I was going to be off the phone for 3 hours. She called me write away. it's endearing because I know she doesn't remember.
she was very happy because the clogs I ordered for her (all she wears from youth on - her father used to make her clogs and wood sandals during the war). She buys swedish clogs. She was also tickled because she called her cousin in france for her 95th birthday and her other cousin and her son were there visiting. how wonderful for all of them. lots of fun.

I ordered groceries. I dislike spending the money but it is done.

Return to “Post When You Can”