SIMPLIFY SATURDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: SIMPLIFY SATURDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:51 pm

hello again d harmony
d nancy
d lady
et all.

dw emptied
found out there were other dishes - how did that happen? ;)
so new dishes included animal bowls washing themselves
counters cleaned
sink cleaned
flip flopped laundry

dh wants me to go out with him tomorrow but tomorrow is also the concert with his brothers and sisters.
i have to admit I am being pulled in different directions
I had 25 incoming phone calls the other day - most from d mom.
She remembers things and needs to call - more about her and her finds.
breath in and know I can't do it all and I can't be all to everyone.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:15 pm

Happy anniversary, Twins and dh!

I cleaned dh’s shower — a long overdue task!

Spent most of the afternoon with dfriend. No one else was there, and the conversation never lagged, so I just stayed. Her dh has to leave, and I asked if she could get a nap if I left and she assured me no.

Home now for awhile, then I’ll go pick up dgs, get supper, and fill up car. Gas goes up 6 cents tomorrow (new tax) so Dh said we should top off the tank.
Then... yes, Rose is right. Hello, football season!
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:33 pm

hi d lucy well done.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:40 pm

I knew dh getting his surgery near my d moms surgery and aunts post surgery would be a problem.
dh is feeling he needs me being with him even though his surgery is 17 days away.
He is starting to freak out about everything. I will be the one to adjust because I can.
he takes drops for his glaucoma that he has had since he was young. They say he should be able to have the bottle of meds for the whole month but when he squeezes out the liquid - more than one drop comes out. (which means he is using more than one drop and the bottle empties faster).

Mom hardly called me today. she said she was coming over but forgot.
I think I will cancel the concert tomorrow but I still need to water my aunts plants tomorrow.
time to pick her up for dinner. I will see if she wants to come over for a game or not.

have a great evening. I am headed for the shower so I can leave in 20 minutes. take care.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:05 pm

(((Blessed)))) Girl, my heart goes out to you at being pulled in so many directions. Sometimes there isn't enough of you to go around. It helps me to have a clear cut & already defined set of priorities.....what is first, second, third. IMHO - you need to be in first priority!

I've washed down the outside of the kitchen cabinets and around the trash area. Those areas get yucky in 2.5 seconds.....or so it seems.

DGD8 is going to DD's after church tomorrow. DD texted asking for suggestions of things to do with DGD8 tomorrow afternoon. I texted DD a list of several things DGD8 likes to do. This feels weird.

We are going to spend a few hours at our little town fair tonight. It is the same every year with the same activities being ran by the same organizations in the same location on the mini fairway. But we don't seem to ever get tired of it because it is filled with friends. The kids stay super excited about doing all the games/activities the whole time we are there.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:12 pm

Note to self.......remember to show the boys a safer way to use knives. This need became apparent after watching a video that DS11 made at his friends' house this afternoon.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:54 pm

(((Blessed)))
How do we determine priorities, LadyM, when EVERYONE is needing something? Sooo difficult. Dmom here... dh there... dgrands here... self there?

And (((LadyM))) Boys and knives... sigh
Tomorrow is another day.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:05 pm

Happy Anniversary, Twins' Mom and Twins' Dad!! And welcome to Seattle. Hope you enjoy your visit. And congratulations on the DAR news.

Our local university team had a great win, and I am rooting for Lucy's team to win their game.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:37 pm

Thannks, RunKitty! We are not looking good at the moment... :(
Tomorrow is another day.

RunKitty

Postby RunKitty » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:36 pm

War Eagle!!! :D

Return to “Post When You Can”