SIMPLIFY SATURDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

SIMPLIFY SATURDAY

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:56 am

Is there something in your Saturday you can simplify? Think I'll simplify today by making a very short List and stick to it and be done early in the day.

I slept fairly well last night but have an itch right by my left shoulder blade that's nigh on to impossible to reach. Think something must have bitten me. Going to try reaching it with anti itch roll on before I dress.

Dh just left to winterize another RV. Guy who was here on a summer contract for some out-of-state business decided to just plain quit. Said, "When I was younger I didn't mind working 100 hours for 50 hours pay, but now I'm too old for that stuff". Said the company he worked for wasn't holding up their end so he's pulling out. He had rented our dfriend's spot for the year. We're wondering if dfriend might come back for part of the summer -his wife, Di, is our friend who died a week & half ago. But imagine he has a lot of loose ends there in FL.

See the news is even better for Dorian, Harmony. Will be praying he just keeps making that right turn out to sea.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Re: SIMPLIFY SATURDAY

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:17 am

hello sweet dee
a lovely day to you!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:58 am

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO OUR DTWINS & DH! May your day be memorable -in a good way!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:53 am

Happy anniversary d Mr. and Mrs. Twins!!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:13 am

I had a great night sleep and didn't wake up until 8:24. Saturday is my only day that doesn't have an alarm set.

I mentored DGD8 on making toast this morning. I forget how it takes time & practice to learn even the simplest of things. Like how to spread butter evenly on the toast. Simple things like holding the utensil level while applying it to the toast. While DGD8 was doing that I made the kids some scrambled eggs.

My big cleaning goal for today is tackling the kitchen stove. It is in really......REALLY...REALLY..bad shape. The good news is the stove gets used multiple times a day. The bad news is it doesn't get cleaned. Note to self: Get better stove cleaning habits!

SHE card stat's -
** 17 Finished today
** 27 Due today
** 10 over due
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:24 am

So far the morning in Seattle has been memorable! We just walked down from the 28th floor to street level. False fire alarm but you can’t take chances. Ouch, my calves are the only thing smoking I think.

Thank you for the anniversary wishes. This is 33 years.

BTW, my DAR application was approved yesterday too. I got the email right before I shut down my computer to leave the house.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:58 am

Good Morning!

Happy Anniversary Twins' Mom and Twins' Dad!

Basic Morning Routine is done. Dh and I both had a good nights sleep last night, but woke earlier than normal, so I'm moving a little slower. The main focus for today is laundry: two loads of clothes and probably two loads of sheets & towels. I might not be able to get it all done today, but I hope for the best. There is nothing else planned for this weekend except maybe a run out for some groceries.

I finally had a message from the VA office to call for an appointment for dh. He is scheduled for a phone appointment with Pharmacist on Oct. 1 and with a nurse practitioner on Oct 8 (first available date!) for initial appointment. He is due for a blood draw, so hopefully they will do that.

I've been thinking of Kathryn lately, hoping all is well with her and her dfamily. And their dson's birthday was yesterday.

I've been keeping an eye on the weather and see that the new track is farther off-shore than before. So glad that the danger to our families will be less! Even though there will be wind and rain, at least the strongest part of the storm, the eye wall, won't impact land (hopefully).

So, now I'd better take a deep breath and start back in....(but first -- lunch 8-) )
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:11 pm

Morning...

It’s game day for me with football and the tennis US Open playing through the day. Same for lucylee so I know she’ll be watching as well.

House is done, kitchen cleaned, footprints gone and laundry going. Dinner is done as well so it’s truly a simple Saturday for me :D

Happy anniversary to Twins and her husband!!! Off to enjoy my day :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:21 pm

Happy ann to mr. & mrs. Twins!

Made crustless quice enough for two meals yea.
Walked around the block w ddog.
Skipped farmers mkt. And errands.
H. Got the new struts on the back window of the jeep.
It is muggy now not even 9:30 a m yet.
Got a pc glitch straightened out.
Got 1st coat of dresser knobs painted they are drying now.

Got the recipe I had been waiting for, recipe round up continues, pratice rolls for holiday meals are raising.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:49 pm

Yes the storm outlook is better for us. Weather people are still saying it could be possible, but they are down-playing that scenario. At least we are pretty sure we won't have to put all the hurricane panels up.
Dee, I've noticed those lights are on some sort of cable system; it's good they could be lowered. I read they have a lot of boom trucks coming to deal with down power lines.

LadyM, I saw that picture of the cables on the roof! That's actually a very good idea. The way we build in FL has extra hurricane clips up on the inside, at the ends of the trusses, and a long nail in each hole they provide. Our insurance rates are lower if we take pictures of those and submit to ins. companies. Also, a utility shed is not legal unless there are wire cables tying down the roof like the straps in your picture. That's why older houses get so much damage from wind.

Dee, my kids are in Oviedo and Clermont. One DGS in Tallahassee. The Clermont house is 20 years old.

Helping DH outside, more pressure washing. I think he's making busy work for us and it's annoying. I don't trust him to be out climbing about etc. without my help, so I'm stuck in 95° helping. :roll: I should have a better attitude...

Harriet, I'll bet someone who does a lot of woodworking stuff would have a ton of ideas what to do with that Ash wood. I see that stuff on TV a lot and they love old wood with patina and worm holes etc. I wish I knew how to do those things. I wish DH would!

Return to “Post When You Can”