SIMPLIFY SATURDAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: SIMPLIFY SATURDAY

Postby CathyS » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:12 pm

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DTWINSMOM!!

We are going out for a burger tonight. Dh hasn't had any bread yet today because he is "saving it" for his burger.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:21 pm

Dee, my kids are in Oviedo and Clermont. One DGS in Tallahassee.
Wonder if & when we've passed each other on the road as we've traveled up to DD's school to meet her. She teaches at the Citrus Ridge Academy on Sand Mine Road & 27 -4 Corners. Do you know where that is?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:36 pm

Happy Anniversary to Twins' Mom and Twins' Dad.
Happy Birthday to Kathryn's ds.

Finished vacuuming the hall just now, so giving myself permission to sit down, lol.

Have done a little bit of everything today. Last evening we went out late to WMart for a grocery run. This was in response to HRH's prediction that the winds were going to veer north, which of course they did by today. He just wanted to be ahead of a potential press of people at stores and we knew there were a couple things there, that are not at other places. So today required a big kitchen spif, and since we know Sat can be a day of surprise company, I've also done some vacuuming.

We missed a chance then, this a.m., to go by our bank before it closed for the weekend. Sigh. But can't be two places at the same time.

I've done most of outdoor chores but still need to pour in new chicken feed to the feeder. Waiting until I cool down a little!

In between chores, I've done some work on my lesson plans.

Next up I'll shuck some corn to cut off the cob for our sort-of-Mexican late lunch, with guacamole over black beans, potatoes and corn.

Norma

Postby Norma » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:25 pm

HAPPY 33RD ANNIVERSARY TWIN'S MOM AND DAD! It is wonderful that you are celebrating in my town. Lived there for 27 years and miss it every day. My boys were born there and are buried there. It is a wonderful place and I hope you get to see some memorable places. (If you can, visit the Hiram Chittendon Locks in Ballard. This should be a great holiday weekend to see boats coming and going. ) Go to the Space Needle for sure. Go to Pike Place Market. Oh, I am making myself very very homesick. (Also - so glad you are a new member of DAR. If I were younger and had the energy I would see if I qualify. Think
I do.)
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:34 pm

hello all
wishing you all a good afternoon

having a tomato from the garden (tomato salad) for lunch
I emptied my car and took it in (it hasn't been done for 2 months). looks lovely
I weighed the difference between doing it myself or paying for it. Time was the deciding factor.

dh wants to go out tomorrow. I have his birthday (thursday) planned. He wants to all that I had planned tomorrow.
He mentioned all the things I had already planned ;) I had to tell him and he will wait for most things until thursday. nothing fancy.

ta ta for now.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:36 pm

hello dear
cathy
norma
harriet
dee
harmony
twins
lady
Nancy
Rose
Sunny
and all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:36 pm

Happy Anniversary to Twins & DH!

Sending Happy Birthing Day thoughts to Kathryn.

Phew! I'm ready for a break. I spent two hours on the stove and now it is shining. I put the big grates in a trash bag with ammonia and let them sit while I scrubbed. There was lots of elbow grease used along with several ingredients including Fabulous all-purpose cleaner, comet, Mr. Clean scrubbies, scrubbing brush, wire brush, and even a razor blade. Note to self: I hope this experience is a good reminder that a few minutes a day spent on cleaning the stove would mean I wouldn't have to spend 2 hours cleaning it!

I've mentored DS11 and DGD8 on how to use a vacuum cleaner on their bedroom floors. The lesson included how to turn it on and switch to different ends on the hose. We normally just use the Roomba but I like to switch the floor cleaning method up sometimes. Also, I want the kids to know how to use a vacuum. We didn't cover changing the vacuum bag, cleaning the filters, etc this time so those are future lessons.

Harriet - That sounds very good! We have a similar type dish here called ‘Cowboy Caviar’ with Avocado, bell pepper, red onion, black beans, black-eyed peas, sweet corn, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeño peppers. Now I'm hungry for this!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:10 pm

I have watered the beds.
Rolls are proofing in the oven now.
Got the last and 3rd coat of paint on the knobs for the dresser, h. is putting them on the dresser now.
Took a pan of rollks to dson.
H. Grilled our dinner.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:43 pm

Dee, I'm sure we've passed each other! I remember going past that mine road and 27. 27 is how we go up to Oviedo, I can no longer do I4 unless absolutely necessary. The short distance after 27 to get to the toll road, we do, but that's just crazy roads up there. DD in Clermont is off old 50 (I think) and we stay on 27 and turn at the 7-11. She's much easier to get to than DD in Oviedo.

I see our sleepy area here getting busier and busier all the time and roads expanding, and I sure hope it never gets like that up there.

I've been helping DH. He's using the pressure washer again. More work on the truck as I drove it back and forth so he could reach the gutter at the top of the truck... and now he's pressure washing the fence, around 3 sides of our house... and most of it he did both sides. I'm feeding hoses and moving the washer, etc. etc. and I am just black with dirt. He said he'd pressure wash me...but I'd not have any skin left. :lol:

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:48 pm

Breakfast prep for me is done for next week. I've made 6 jars of oatmeal/yogurt/blueberry/applesauce. The seventh breakfast will be eaten with the church family. I'm taking a chance on that since they do a lot of carb type meals (biscuit/gravy, pancakes, breakfast burritos, etc. I'm just hoping they will have some sort of protein available. Worst case is I'll skip breakfast. It always seems to work out.

DS11 and a friend have been in/out...in/out....in/out today. They have been averaging riding 7-8 miles a day on their bikes around town. That is a lot of miles in a small space. Our little town is a rectangle about 1/2 mile x 1 mile in size.

DH is at the hospital with his DMom. DGD8 is playing a game in her bedroom.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”