Stay safe Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Stay safe Sunday

Postby CathyS » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:12 am

Category 5 storm coming north! It looks like most of us are going to get wet at some point today or tomorrow.

We have rain in our forecast today and tomorrow. From the looks of the lightning maps dot org most of the states are getting some horrific lightning today.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

CathyS

Re: Stay safe Sunday

Postby CathyS » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:13 am

Hi!!

We don't have any plans for today.

Including supper. I don't have a clue what we are having.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:48 am

Think our dinner plans are the campground clambake today. Dh has ordered either 2 or 4 doz clams -I've forgotten. I don't eat them but he does. Not sure if I'll go down for any of the ala carte items: salt potatoes, corn, hots, hamburgs, etc. I might MIGHT go for a hot dog. We'll see. But in any event I won't have to cook dinner. There's no potluck tomorrow so think I'm going to make chili if it's still supposed to be cool.

Have texted with dd who is staying home this morning trying to organize things around their house. Probably to be more organized when they really have no idea at this point how much of an impact Dorian will have. It just keeps changing. See now it's a Cat 5 and taking a more westerly turn. Know dd said it may stall over the Bahamas for days instead of hours -so who knows -surely the forecasters don't.

I've been making l ists of each of my remaining weeks (7) here and what has to happen within each of those weeks. First and foremost will be rehab each week. Want to be sure I get as many sessions in as possible. My goal is to lose 7 pounds in that time. That's merely a # a week -think I can commit to that. If it was more I'd be elated for sure! And my doctors would be more than happy to see that.

Dh has already gone down to the rec hall to start procedures for cooking the potatoes and corn on the cob. They start serving at 1 til' 3. For some unknown reason dcampowner only ordered 4 dozen ears of corn?????? That's 48 ears when they've sold way over 100 dozen clams. We cook a dozen ears when only part of our family gets together.

Had a campfire with dneighbors last evening. See it's supposed to start raining later today so am sure there won't be one tonight.

DS-R, DDIL & DGS14 are at the NASCAR race at Darlington today. They expect to be traveling home tomorrow. Think they have Tuesday off as well. DGS starts school Wednesday -actually so does our other DGS7 in a different school. Our 2 dgks started college last week.

I have 'ambition' this morning so guess I'd better get busy and start using it! :D
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:35 am

thank you for starting us d cathy!!!

hi d dee.. how lovely that you were out with friends for a fire last night!
have so much fun with the clam bake!!! sounds wonderful.

to all stay safe with the weather. praying that the hurricane dies out over the water.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:45 am

I have sat on my Franny all morning - headache is trying hard to come through again. (it's the weather).
I haven't done anything. Not even listen to services

Found out my d brother is staying with d mom Thursday, Friday and saturday night. wow what a relief. Plus d mom suddenly went into take charge mode now that she knows he is coming. Suddenly she doesn't want to do anything with me (except maybe dinner). lol - She wanted me to take her for a pedicure - suddenly that's a nope - she can do it herself. She is no longer being a poor me person. wow what a difference.
I wish my brother could realize the difference when he's not around. lol: her son is coming home.
I am grateful I don't have to spend the night and I get a break. sounds terrible.
I don't even have to water my aunts plants. My uncle, her ex is doing it. wow what a difference from last night. I can't believe it. my care taking has dropped by 2/3 this coming week. yay.

I wish you could have seen her and heard d mom before d brother said she was coming in. my goodness -
what a difference.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:03 pm

I have been out in the garden before it got hot. Picked plums so they do not drop and become skunk food. I baged up 3 bags to donate. Got 5 gal. Aprox this year. I am resting a bit now. Stay safe those in the storms path. Ok I need to s2s and get in gear. Waving to all. Glad for you blessed. Rolls yesterday turned out awesome, took one pan over to dson.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:22 pm

Amazing sometimes isn't it, Blessed!

Glad I've been doing that countdown "l ist". Realized I have a couple of conflicts with rehab. I'll ask this week about changing those 2 times. Want to get as many sessions in as possible -that is as long as I don't have to face having to deal with a pacemaker. My thinking right now is that maybe it's going to be 'okay'. Guess I'll know after Tuesday. If I can go in for rehab on Monday, October 21st I should have 22 more to go & I've done 10. I could probably delay my flight till the next week if they want to do another 2 or 3. I'm doing 3 a week -just started 3 rather than 2 this last week. Feel like I can do it now.

Afraid our water heater is heading toward being on the fritz. Realized last night that the water hadn't stayed as hot/warm as it usually does. Can normally have it on for less than 30 minutes, turn it off and it's hot the rest of the day. Had it on about 90 minutes this morning then washed my hair. It was just barely above luke warm when I started and was definitely less than that by the time I finished. Always have to keep turning it more toward the cold or it's too hot. Not today. Another repair coming up and I'm almost thinking a new water heater. ;)
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:15 pm

Morning...

I am hoping for storms either tonight or tomorrow night. We are way behind in rainfall this year.

I have friends on the coast of SC that I am concerned abt. Both of them are prepping for the storm to hit next Thursday/Friday. One lives almost directly on the coast. He said he and his extended family are just gonna bunker down for this one. I went through Katrina and saw what a Cat 5 can do, but like many he tells me he has no money to evacuate. Just keeping my fingers crossed and saying prayers to my Guardian Angels to look out for him.

I am up and dressed and actually wearing a slip over dress I couldn’t wear a few weeks back. That makes me really happy. Am headed to the grocery store and figured the dress would be easy peasy just to throw on and go. Like wearing a cool nighty in this 110+ degree heat. Problem is I usually need a sweater once I get in the store. Sometimes I wear long sleeve shirt with my shorts cause the a/c in stores and restaurants can get really cold.

All my laundry is done and put away. Dinner is planned and the house is in good shape. Been watching the US Open... I do this cause my mom is such a tennis fan and it gives us something positive to talk abt. She used to attend the Open some years ago.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:03 pm

Greetings from the smallest rv in the park! DD17 is studying in the nicely cooling camper. One goal, figuring out ac, accomplished. I set up the awning which is supposed to require two people by myself. Microwave makes tea well.

Next up: figure out hot water heater. If my house hot water ever dies again I now have a backup. Of course that won't help DeeClutter whose rv is her house.

blessedw2: Your mom cannot afford for your brother to know how bad it has gotten. When all siblings see it, her housing options change.

ETA: Just read up on water heater usage. I have cheked to make sure water is in the system (it was) and flipped a switch. Should be able to shower in an hour.

ETA2: Maybe my water heater is not an electric/propane model. Maybe mine requires gas. No hot water yet.
Last edited by Elizabeth on Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:20 pm

Home from church and lunch out. DGS22 attended church with us and then took DGD8 to DD's home.

DSis dropped by our home for a visit. DSis and I manage to get along peacefully, but I wouldn't classify us as close. We have very few similar interests. DSis is very social and is almost always surrounded by a group of friends. I'm more of an introvert.

Ugh. I might have lost count but I think we found Snake #9 today. This was a baby snake that got stuck on a sticky trap behind the clothes washer. This is the second snake the sticky traps have caught. I consider them a bargain at about 30 cents each. They do a good job of catching spiders and crickets too. I especially like to put the sticky traps in the house and then observe they catch nothing. That gives me confidence there are not any bugs/spiders in those rooms.

DH is with his DMom. She came home from the hospital late last night. DH will probably be with DMIL most of the day.

My big household-related goal for today is to get the checking account brought up to date. I want to also mark the tax-related information.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”