Stay safe Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Stay safe Sunday

Postby Nancy » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:28 pm

Back home safe and sound after delivering plums 3 bags of them, and fetching a little bit for lunch.
Made it to Joann's used my bday coupon. :mrgreen:
I picked beans, got some that had mature seeds I saved and labeled for next year.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:15 pm

how nice to deliver 3 bags of plums d nancy!
hello d lady I am more of an introvert as well! glad you are able to catch snakes -
hope they are not poisonous

sweet Elizabeth - my d mom has been a worrier about her health all of my life. She is far from bad at all. The drs. give her a clean bill of health but her anxiety creates problems for her. She takes a worry and chews on it until it's all chewed out. Her being 82 seems to be the issue for her as her drs. have always said (until she was 75) that she had a 42 year old body. I am sure you are right. She talks to him and is usually great for 2 days before her worry starts again. she is so used to her body doing everything she wants it to do. Having her eyesight off by a touch on one eye reminds her of her age. Also since d dad passed she no longer is a social socialite-type person. There was always something and then when he died - his friends moved on. She always had his friendships and their spouses. I wish I could give that to her but I am not in that world. (my personality wouldn't fit that anyway lol.

I am so happy you and your dd have enjoyed the camper! so fun.

hello d rose I will be praying for your dear friend to stay safe in South Carolina. yay on your work

hello d dee. lol yes it is!
keeping fingers crossed that your water heater behaves the rest of this year.

hello all
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:19 pm

I have had my great aunt fanny glued to the chair many times today. 8-)

I did my morning routine,
showered,
vacuumed and steamer mopped the dining room and the front hall.

Now I will write aunt a text and do some knitting.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:26 pm

Survived keeping the church nursery, LOL — had dgd and the organist’s three sons, but also had a surprise helper show up, so I had another grownup to talk to and all was well.

Went to dfriend’s dmom’s funeral. Amazed that dfriend was able to do part of the eulogy herself. She told some wonderful stories about her mom and things dgd had learned from her.
My dmom met md there (dh came back home after speaking to them at the visitation) and dmom and I went to the graveside too, so I just got back home.
Tomorrow is another day.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:26 pm

Hah! Just fixed the kitchen sink in the camper!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:33 pm

Supper was onions, red peppers and sausage cooked all together in a large frying pan with butter and oil, salt and pepper.

I also made dh a large tomato and mozzarella cheese "salad" with olive oil and a bit of balsamic vinegar. I had half a cucumber with feta cheese and some Greek dressing that came out of a bottle. There was way too much oregano in it for me.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:55 pm

Hello. We're in rest-up mode here. Too much work yesterday.

Even though nobody really thinks this storm is coming here, after church the men all pitched in and took all the benches, folding tables, signs, etc. out of the courtyard and put them inside to be safer in wind.

Had nice nap today..can't work non-stop day after day like I used to. DH did go out afterward and trim the mulberry tree. It grows so high we can't get to the berries, only the birds do. I suppose we could leave it tall for the birds, but then we'd worry about our roof.

LadyM, watched the video. Interesting to see what's inside a baseball. But I was holding my breath for his fingers.

Elizabeth, very impressed with your camping abilities.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:26 pm

Just dumped all the black and grey water. Easy just gross. Then I took a shower in the camper. Kinda lukewarm but ok. If we had just been hiking it would have been ideal. Wish i brought a 2nd book.

Return to “Post When You Can”