Labour/Labor Day Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
RunKitty

Re: Labour/Labor Day Monday

Postby RunKitty » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Happy Birthday, Nancy

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:57 pm

We are having a good day here. We took our time getting going this am and walked to the Olympic Sculpture Park. http://www.seattleartmuseum.org/visit/o ... pture-park We did some shopping along the way and then afterward walked along the waterfront and found a restaurant for a late lunch, then walked back. I am worn out with the walking - that made 11K steps for today.

Tomorrow we are taking the ferry to Victoria to see the gardens and city, then back again. It will be a very long day.

DH’s conference begins on Wednesday although the only thing we do is to ck in in the afternoon and then a buffet dinner reception on wed night.

Just peeking in while I relax.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:15 pm

Twins - I'm so glad you are able to CI while traveling. I watched a couple of videos about the Olympic Sculpture Park to get a virtual peek at some of the sights you saw today.

DH is at his DMom's home this evening. DMIL is confused and agitated.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:08 pm

Oh, LadyM, I hope your dmil can become calm now that she is home.

♪ ♫ Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Nancyyyyyyyyy,
Happy Birthday to you! ♪ ♫

blessed, as you knit, remember to tell about it in Arts, Crafts and Needlework. Even if it is a puzzle, it's interesting to us that you are puzzling over it!

I have been unable to get to computer for a day or two.
Yesterday included visitation, funeral and military graveside service for a dear friend of our family, 94. Sanctuary packed, full military honors, two marvelous pianists, EXQUISITE eulogy given by my co-teacher. He was the oldest member of our church. Ds was sad he couldn't attend because the friend had also been a founding member of our local small fire department, at which ds became a volunteer as a teen. The whole day, then, from 8:30 rehearsal on, was extremely social for me and when I got back home the young man was here with HRH and dd, building the new piece of furniture we bought. (She was at church but not funeral) So I felt "hostess-ish" for a little longer until dstepson and ddil invited them over for pizza and games. At that point I fell into bed for a nap.

Today I was determined to get the house back into shape from an absent weekend. I knew it was possible we'd get company, but more likely we'd get some plumbing help. (not immediate problem, but needs attention sometime)

I used the timer and spent 30 minutes in kitchen and 45 minutes in master bathroom, feeling somewhat under threat ( :| ) because dstepson thought he might come work on some plumbing issues there. As it was, dbil was off work for the holiday and visiting dstepson, so they came over for a visit instead as soon as those timer spans were over, so I wished I'd worked on the LR DR instead. I need a crystal ball. They cleared a space to sit among the cardboard boxes, tools and hardware of the furniture project. :|

This afternoon, dd finished the furniture piece and it looks very nice. Its "mate" arrives in a week. We got both on sale but one was not in stock.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:41 pm

Happy birthday, Nancy! :)

I think just about everything was closed here in Tiny Town, except chain restaurants probably, and Wmart.
We did the local picnic thing, and took dgs home.
Then we came home and took naps, and went back to pick up dgd! She’s spending the night, so she doesn’t have to get up early for dgs’ dentist appt.

Nothing special going on and no housework done At All... except I did s/s guest bath and kitchen.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”