Labour/Labor Day Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Labour/Labor Day Monday

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:23 pm

Happy Birthday, Nancy. Here's to a very good day for you!

Our water heater is definitely on the 'fritz'. Dh tried heating water with the propane running instead of electric. Same result. Stays hot for a few seconds as we draw it and then it starts cooling off. So! I've been 'laboring' at cleaning out my closet. I just went through all of this a few weeks ago when I was cleaning it out. At least I'm consolidating even more and getting rid of a few more things. Have a couple of big bags I've just been stashing things in to sort out to be packed for FL. Dh will call our 'go to' guy who will come check it out and fix it. It can wait until he gets here. We're definitely hiring the much more expensive guy to come in. Had to have this one come fix our furnace last fall as our guy was in WV for a few weeks. That cost us nearly $500. Our guy said, "Let me guess -over $400 right?" He could have fixed it for about $150. He's really good to us and dh turns around and sends lots of business his way.

Next up in a few will be to sort and repack those bags. I'm down to leaving in 7 weeks -if all plans stay as they are.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:36 pm

Happy Birthday, Nancy. Best wishes for a great day!

Nothing exciting going on with dh and me today. Banks, Gov. offices, etc. closed today and maybe some small shops. I'm sure the big box stores are open. We were going to make a trip to W-M, but we may have rain coming, so will put it off till tomorrow. I may go down to basement and do a load of laundry.

Elizabeth is braver than I am, with all the things she accomplishes! WTG, Elizabeth!

It is amazing how long this hurricane has been around. I feel so bad for all the loss many people have suffered for it, and more to come.

Dh has just made us lunch of eggs and pancakes; I should go eat while it is hot...
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:57 pm

WTO Elizabeth but I must say I’m not too surprised... you’re such a handy woman to have around that you put some men to shame. Tell your mom I said that lol

I’m in heaven... Amazon just put Perry’s first season on Prime. Something like 35 episodes but I’ve proba seen 3/4 of them, but it nice to know I can watch when I want which means my morning will start earlier.

Happy birthday Nancy... enjoy your day!!!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:59 pm

Our work for today:

Helped DH, he's trimming the 3 palm trees. We just had it done but a bunch of it has gone to seed and he cuts those off and the ones below that which will go to seed next. I dragged all the branches out of the way.

Screeching brakes on pickup truck... helped him replace the driver side front one. He can't do this work by himself. With not having a lift, he's on the ground and too old to maneuver around to reach tools, etc. so that is my job... and everything takes quite a while to accomplish. Done.

Since he hasn't had any jobs to do we sure have kept busy doing things. He's nuts if he thinks he'll be bored around here. :roll:

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:00 pm

Home from date in the city. After we got out of the movie, we picked up DS11 and DGD8 from the place DD is staying.

I give thumbs up to the movie (Angel has Fallen) but I totally admit that I only watched about half of it. When the action-packed suspense-filled parts happened them I would close my eyes and wait for the music to calm down. I normally don't like watching a movie in a theatre but today it was fun. Many of the people were cheering for the "good guys" during the movie and made the experience fun. At the end of the movie, many stood up and clapped and cheered.

SHE card stats -
** 44 completed today
** 13 due
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:16 pm

hope you have had a great day d nancy!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:20 pm

yay d lady on your cards!
hello d harmony good luck on your spread sheets
hello d rose
hello d sunny I feel bad too. that hurricane wouldn't move. praying that people are okay
hello d dee so frustrating that her water heater is on the frizziest.
Happy birthday d nancy!

hello d all. I can't go back any farther but know I am thinking of everyone!!! those that come regularly and all that are out there.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:21 pm

I have been working all afternoon decoding my knitting. I refuse to give in. :D

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:46 pm

We are back and the camper is parked in the yard! I wish I could say I did it by myself, but I am not there yet. Instead of getting a pull-through site at the campground, I should have gotten a back up site. No curves, no hill, no gate, no concrete wall. It would have been good practice for me. Getting better though. We broke the awning (from WalMart, not camper-specific) taking it down, so 2 for 2 on breakage. Now we know how to take down that kind of awning. I could not figure out how to get the tire pressure gauge to work, but I now realize my mistake - I'll bet I didn't have bluetooth turned on! DOH!

Today's essentials are:
  • Park and disconnect the camper - done
  • Download some manuals for my car - done
  • Find the last remaining financial info for my appointment tomorrow
  • LOLs
  • Usual daily stuff
  • Halloween party prep
  • Animal org minutes (can be tomorrow)

Today I learned the perils of being a camper owner. Other people have plans for you and your camper. A friend asked me about our September campout. Um ... I just did that. Apparently one of her friends that I have met twice (once when she was really drunk), is really excited to know someone with a camper. I may have just solved my lack of social interaction problem. It's like getting a pool I guess. As long as I am having fun, all is well. The minute it becomes more like a chore, not happening. And anyone who will not stay sober long enough to get parked at the campsite and at the house does not get another invitation.

Never heard of an online slumber party. Great concept, I like it.

LadyMaverick is giving good advice to DS11.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANCY!!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:30 pm

Had lunch.
I have the washer twins going.
Watered the outside beds.
We watched a net flicks movie.
I got the trash dumped for trash day Tues.
I folded a load of clothes and put them away, I have the other in the dryer now.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”