Labour/Labor Day Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Labour/Labor Day Monday

Postby CathyS » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:42 am

What will you be working on today?

What's open where you are? Around here it will be gas stations and restaurants and tourist-type stuff, including all of the wineries. There is one grocery store in Niagara Falls that I know will be open. Later this morning there is a large pharmacy that will be open for a few hours. They carry some grocery items, but no meat or produce. I'm sure they will be busy.
Last edited by CathyS on Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

CathyS

Re: Labour/Labor Day Monday

Postby CathyS » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:46 am

Dh has a friend coming by with his wife's car and dh will be checking the brakes, but not actually doing them. If they need doing he will order the parts tomorrow and do the brakes at some point this week.

I have to get 9 months worth of Visa statements together for my meeting with the accountant tomorrow morning. I already have all the bank statements.

We are having BBQed steak for supper. I will most likely make a large green salad as there is lettuce to be used up. Dh will have celery and radishes as well. I don't care for either of those.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:59 am

hello dear cathy!
best of luck with the accountant tomorrow!!!
sending you a really wonderful day and week.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:09 am

My outlook to the week has changed - the calvary have come in. My uncle says he doesn't need me as d aunts step children are there all the time now.
And my d brother is spending the night with d mom. (who is already starting down the rabbit hole a bit - and understandably so -Her rabbit hole is about other things with her body - nothing earth shattering but still important to her - yet she does not realize the surgery is what is weighing on her mind.

My dear mom has always been a bit of a hypochondriac - she has always gone to thinking worst and chewing it over. (she says that keeps her real and when the best happens she is relieved - oh but that is hard to live with when you hear about the worst all day). I am kind and patient 95% of the time. The 5% I am still kind but boy I feel annoyed and need a break for a day. ;) But again she doesn't do a lot outside of herself so I think that all the little things seem so much bigger.

I actually feel ready for any care taking that I need to do. I no longer feel overwhelmed. Even dh getting cranky about all the little stuff, (also because he doesn't realize that his future surgery is affecting him), is no longer putting me in care taker mode.

Longer story, (finally shortened 8-) ), I feel wonderful that it is Monday! Happy Monday to everyone

and to all on the atlantic side: stay safe!!! praying for all those in the eye of the storm.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:14 am

Elizabeth, very impressed with your camping abilities.

Me too! And also that Elizabeth Own Plumber does camper repairs. POTB!

What's open where you are?

Banks, Post Offices, Federal & state offices, and schools are all closed today. Everything else is open like usual.

What will you be working on today?

DH and I are going out on a date today! We are dropping DS11 off at DD house while we are going out to eat lunch and see a movie (Angel has Fallen).
When I told DS11 this was going to happen his response was "But you and Papa already had a date on your anniversary!"
I answered "Yes, we did. That was in July! We need to up our dating game and do it more often. Remember when you are married that you should continue to date your bride."

Happy Birthday Nancy!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:19 am

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

I need to boil and peel eggs to devil.
Bs is up in to ack land. Not much celbrating.
I need to walk ddog, and then, s2s & way hair those are my goals,
We had already decided to wait for a non holiday weekend to dine out.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:57 am

I am so happy for you that you are going on a date. how lovely d lady. good for you!

Happy belated birthday d Nancy!!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:30 am

I made a pot of Chicken & Vegetable soup to have on hand. I like eating this because
* it is an easy way to get vegetables in
* it takes a long time to eat so even my broken "full" feeling happens
* For the amount of food, it is low calorie (under 500)
* It is quick & easy to make ahead and IMHO it gets better after sitting an hour....or day.
* My taste buds think it is wonderful

DS11 and friends had an online slumber party last night with the intention of staying up all night. The excitement level was high as they prepared and talked about staying up. DS11 said everyone else fell asleep around 11:30 pm. When I checked on him about midnight he was in bed asleep. #BigDealIfYourEleven
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:36 am

My birthday is today Blessed you are not late!
I walked the ddog.
Deviled eggs are made.
I put some plums in the freezer.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:06 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NANCY!

We're finally finishing up (today) the cabbage soup I made. Both of us like it. I left out the bacon which would have been tasty, but I try to limit that.

I'm watching the weather, waiting for that turn north. When that happens we will all breathe a sigh of relief...for us at least.

I am working on updating all my spreadsheets. Then all my bookkeeping will be caught up. Cathy, good luck doing the visa bills. We put everything we can on our Master Card and each month I separate all the charges into categories. That takes a little bit more than an hour. I wouldn't like doing all the months at once, it's a big job. Hope it goes quickly for you.

Return to “Post When You Can”